'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#43 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
skeptic you are in your own little world. Do you know for sure there isnt a God? No you don't.
Its because you're a coward that you're unable to prove the god you're here to lie to us about.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#44 Jul 9, 2013
When you become brave enough to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about, you will discover what morals mean.

Atheists are not attracted to dishonest people like yourself who must lie about god in order to sell your cult to us.

When you grow up and realise how you are behaving towards people, you will realise the importance of facts and evidence.

lets see how brave or cowardly you are, now that you are aware of this.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#45 Jul 9, 2013
lol skeptic you are pretty weird. You don't even realize how dumb you sound. Atheism is in itself a religion for dumb fools. You can't know there isn't a God because you don't know everything.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#46 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol skeptic you are pretty weird. You don't even realize how dumb you sound. Atheism is in itself a religion for dumb fools. You can't know there isn't a God because you don't know everything.
Yes but why believe in it?

The fact is I and many others just do not believe in a god or gods. There has never been proof there will not be proof and no one can show any proof. You will have to admit that the bible and quran both are hate words as well as non-moral teachings specifically the old testament.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#47 Jul 9, 2013
hate words? lol oh brother. If you were honest there is no way you could be an atheist. You are basically saying there is no God. How do you know? You don't. You would have to know everything there is to know in order to say there is no God. I personally can't see how anyone could look at the complexity of life and deny a creator. I don't understand how anyone could say we just came from nothing. In the beginning something had to have been created.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#48 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hate words? lol oh brother. If you were honest there is no way you could be an atheist. You are basically saying there is no God. How do you know? You don't. You would have to know everything there is to know in order to say there is no God. I personally can't see how anyone could look at the complexity of life and deny a creator. I don't understand how anyone could say we just came from nothing. In the beginning something had to have been created.
Genesis
6:7, 17
15:9-10
18:32
19:24
21:10-14
22:2-13
34:1-31
38:24
Exodus
4:24-26
5:3
9:14
11:7
12:29
15:3
15:26
17:13
19:12-13
21:15, 17
21:29
22:18
31:14
Leviticus
20:4-5
20:9
20:10
20:12
20:13
20:14
21:9
24:10-23
24:16
26:31

Shall I go on?

The whole bible teaches that hate, murder, genocide, rape, and many other atrocities are ok in the name of your god.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#49 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hate words? lol oh brother. If you were honest there is no way you could be an atheist. You are basically saying there is no God. How do you know? You don't. You would have to know everything there is to know in order to say there is no God. I personally can't see how anyone could look at the complexity of life and deny a creator. I don't understand how anyone could say we just came from nothing. In the beginning something had to have been created.
You keep going back to “creator” but never offer any proof of such.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#50 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I don't understand how anyone could say we just came from nothing. In the beginning something had to have been created.
The whole premise of your argument is based on the fact that you believe that we came from out of nothingness. Your statement above even hints at it. The god did it statement is just that existence out of nothing.

If your belief in nothing out of nothing is valid to you, then the belief that the universe became out of nothing is just as valid.

You try to create two separate criteria for one equation. If your god did it out of its god mind then that is nothing out of nothing.
At least the expansion equation is searching and finding small bits of evidence to back up their theory.

Unlike the god did it equation.
angelangle

Dallas, TX

#51 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol skeptic you are pretty weird. You don't even realize how dumb you sound. Atheism is in itself a religion for dumb fools. You can't know there isn't a God because you don't know everything.
Atheism is in NO WAY a religion of any kind. Atheism is the REJECTION of religion.

Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position.
angelangle

Dallas, TX

#52 Jul 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hate words? lol oh brother. If you were honest there is no way you could be an atheist. You are basically saying there is no God. How do you know? You don't. You would have to know everything there is to know in order to say there is no God. I personally can't see how anyone could look at the complexity of life and deny a creator. I don't understand how anyone could say we just came from nothing. In the beginning something had to have been created.
You are quoting something that is called the "argument from ignorance paradigm"

it states:
something happened and I don't know how it happened so it must be a god, more specifically MY god.

its not a rational argument and it isn't proof of the existence of a god.

example:

there is an oak tree In my front yard, the thing must be 100 years old. I didn't plant it, none of my neighbors planted it and I don't know how it got there. Therefore Henry Ford MUST have planted it. I cant see any other way. Can YOU prove that it wasn't Henry Ford that planted the oak tree in my front yard?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#53 Jul 9, 2013
you know what is really amazing? Atheists take up a good part of their life talking about something they claim not to believe in. We both know the YOU don't know there isn't a God. Just admit you don't know and I might have a little more respect for you. Claiming that there isn't a God just makes you look dumb.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#54 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you know what is really amazing? Atheists take up a good part of their life talking about something they claim not to believe in. We both know the YOU don't know there isn't a God. Just admit you don't know and I might have a little more respect for you. Claiming that there isn't a God just makes you look dumb.
When you're brave enough to prove the god you're here to lie to us about, I will stop referring to you as mentally ill.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#55 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you know what is really amazing? Atheists take up a good part of their life talking about something they claim not to believe in. We both know the YOU don't know there isn't a God. Just admit you don't know and I might have a little more respect for you. Claiming that there isn't a God just makes you look dumb.
Liars with no proof of god have lots to say about atheist as usual.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#56 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
skeptic you are in your own little world. Do you know for sure there isnt a God? No you don't.
Do you think it's a 50/50 chance? Cause it's not. No one has ever provided any evidence for god, so the likely hood of a supernatural being existing, that you call god, is next to nill! It's called odds. In the same way winning the lottery isn't a simple 50/50 bet, either you win or you don't. That's not the way it works.

So I can say, with confidence, there is no God.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#57 Jul 10, 2013
you know what the odds are of mankind and the universe popping up without any intelligent maker? It couldn't have happened.

You say with confidence? ha you are so ignorant. Your mind is so small that there is no way you even know 1% of what there is to know.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#58 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you know what the odds are of mankind and the universe popping up without any intelligent maker? It couldn't have happened.
You say with confidence? ha you are so ignorant. Your mind is so small that there is no way you even know 1% of what there is to know.
All talk and no proof, the same cowardly approach from the same cowardly creationists.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#59 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you know what the odds are of mankind and the universe popping up without any intelligent maker? It couldn't have happened.
You say with confidence? ha you are so ignorant. Your mind is so small that there is no way you even know 1% of what there is to know.
You reject he 1% of what we know to be fact - evolution its in your own DNA, but you are cowards who like to deny reality and impose your immature hallucinations upon the rest of civil society.

That is your evil
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#60 Jul 10, 2013
skeptic your use of the word "coward" makes no sense and only makes me laugh at you. Stop wasting your time. You are only making yourself look like an idiot.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#61 Jul 10, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you know what the odds are of mankind and the universe popping up without any intelligent maker? It couldn't have happened.
..
So who made the maker? There is no evidence of an invisible sky daddy.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#62 Jul 10, 2013
christians contribute to the needy by providing poorly nourished and poorly educated children?
antiatheist wrote:
Christians by far contribute more to society and the needy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 34 min Eagle 12 18,546
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr Eagle 12 708
Good arguments against Christianity 5 hr superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 7 hr Mikko 533
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Into The Night 43,197
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 11 hr Thinking 5,696
Atheism is a mental illness 12 hr Eagle 12 11
More from around the web