'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Choctaw, OK

#6311 Mar 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
still waiting for you to back up your claim that the article helps prove evolution and that CNN is a religious website.
What grammatical constituent can you not substantiate about my last post?

I also can use Socratic method, but I'm not being evasive like you, I'm lampooning your demeanor.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6312 Mar 22, 2014
It was a special to CNN and a part of their website. It was not an independent religious website like "so what" claimed. It also never was used in any way to support a belief in evolution as "so what" also claimed. So what makes statements without thinking first and then can't swallow his/her pride and admit he/she was wrong which is typical of an atheist. Its so much fun pointing out how pathetic you guys are. Its also surprisingly easy

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6313 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
It was a special to CNN and a part of their website. It was not an independent religious website like "so what" claimed. It also never was used in any way to support a belief in evolution as "so what" also claimed. So what makes statements without thinking first and then can't swallow his/her pride and admit he/she was wrong which is typical of an atheist. Its so much fun pointing out how pathetic you guys are. Its also surprisingly easy
What is surprising is how many simultaneous levels you can delude yourself. What a peculiar 'talent'. Were you born with it or was it acquired? Perhaps it EVOLVED when skeptical people who do not march in step with your world-view were introduced into your environment via the Internet.

Texas, USA

#6314 Mar 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that answer. Other religions and countries just shrug or nod and move on. Evolution isn't any threat or challenge against God - it's just >insecurities and fears< in our Bible belt that keeps the controversy fired up.
I know. But ... I feel it is our duty to try and help them.
Mcloud Proud

Choctaw, OK

#6315 Mar 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. But ... I feel it is our duty to try and help them.
Have you ever heard the saying "misery loves company"? That's Antiatheist's agenda, not religion. Antiathist gets enjoyment out of irritating others.

But I'm sure that if Antiathist didn't find company here, someone else in Antiathist's life would suffer even more, so you just might be helping someone else without knowing it.

Texas, USA

#6316 Mar 23, 2014
Mcloud Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard the saying "misery loves company"? That's Antiatheist's agenda, not religion. Antiathist gets enjoyment out of irritating others.
But I'm sure that if Antiathist didn't find company here, someone else in Antiathist's life would suffer even more, so you just might be helping someone else without knowing it.
Hmmm. You might be right. I don't really see it as irritating as much as cries for help. I'm sure he/she must be truly irritating in real life. For those unfortunately, let's just hope they seek professional help.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6317 Mar 23, 2014
Mcloud Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard the saying "misery loves company"? That's Antiatheist's agenda, not religion. Antiathist gets enjoyment out of irritating others.
I haven't seen any evidence that his faith is making him contented or serene. Somehow I just can't see him being happy in heaven without an abundant supply of sticks and stones to throw at the harp and lyre players on the other clouds
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6318 Mar 23, 2014
still waiting on an answer from "so what" but guess he/she can't even come up with one. You are an embarrassment

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6319 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Like Piltdown and MANY other scientific "discoveries" have been. Ever wonder why there aren't millions upon millions of transitional fossils?
There are millions upon millions. Though not every dead bone becomes fossils, so that is why we haven't found trillions. In fact all are them transitional, because evolution is ongoing.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6320 Mar 23, 2014
We have millions upon millions of these supposed missing links? You should call CNN and let them know about this ground breaking discovery.

Earth,TX

#6321 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There would still be these supposed fossils showing transition from one species into another. This of course never happened which is why there aren't any.
Engineer you believe in the biggest hoax of them all....evolution. We never evolved from an apelike ancestor and things dont change from one species into another. End of story.
The change that has you so bumfuddled was the transition of one type of primate, to a whole new type of primate. We are that new primate, it is officially mankind's designation. Chickens don't evolve into elephants, and rats don't evolve into aardvarks, but we share a common ancestor with all the other primates.

Earth,TX

#6322 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There would still be these supposed fossils showing transition from one species into another. This of course never happened which is why there aren't any.
Engineer you believe in the biggest hoax of them all....evolution. We never evolved from an apelike ancestor and things dont change from one species into another. End of story.
The ape like ancestor was primate, but then so are we.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6323 Mar 23, 2014
we still don't have a missing link. We have a few scattered examples open to interpretation but thats it. There is no conclusive evidence of that which you are speaking.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6324 Mar 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. You might be right. I don't really see it as irritating as much as cries for help. I'm sure he/she must be truly irritating in real life. For those unfortunately, let's just hope they seek professional help.
A reaction is enough to validate an irritation.

A sociopath doesn't seek help by conscious or subconscious acts because they get no pleasure from it. They seek gratification by negative reactions, pain and misfortunes of others.

A sociopath will alien themselves with others to attack others, but will turn on them when others are not available.

Antiatheist will strongly disagree, but has emphasized my reasoning by the tag that was chosen. Anti for antisocial and atheist for the forum that has been chosen to seek the satisfaction that is craved.

Earth,TX

#6325 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
We have millions upon millions of these supposed missing links? You should call CNN and let them know about this ground breaking discovery.
Natural history museums, university museums and the Smithsonian are packed with them. So many in fact that swiftly cataloging them all is almost impossible. There simply aren't enough qualified people to do so great a task. Have you ever considered getting an education so that you do might become qualified to clean, sort and catalog old bones? That would do so much towards answering your questions.

Earth,TX

#6326 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
we still don't have a missing link. We have a few scattered examples open to interpretation but thats it. There is no conclusive evidence of that which you are speaking.
Do you assume that your typing out the words "transitional fossil" will somehow be translated into the words "missing link", with out you actually saying it? They aren't the same thing.

All evolution is transitional. The complete eradication of a species is the only way to prevent further evolution. Although some humans seem to have found a way to effectively twart it.

Maybe an education would be a plus for you right now.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6327 Mar 23, 2014
I've been to the smithsonian as well as other museums. I'm fully aware of the "humanoid" interpretations and artistic renderings. There are no "missing links" or "trans fossils". Why do you think there are millions of people who differ on this subject? You think its because all these people are uneducated? Hardly. Its really surprising that you are only aware of what you have been told and seem to have no clue about opposing opinions of the subject. You simply brush them off as being uneducated which speaks volumes about your self absorbed attitude. Its really kind of stunning

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6328 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
DNA is not a scattered example
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6329 Mar 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I've been to the smithsonian as well as other museums. I'm fully aware of the "humanoid" interpretations and artistic renderings. There are no "missing links" or "trans fossils". Why do you think there are millions of people who differ on this subject? You think its because all these people are uneducated? Hardly. Its really surprising that you are only aware of what you have been told and seem to have no clue about opposing opinions of the subject. You simply brush them off as being uneducated which speaks volumes about your self absorbed attitude. Its really kind of stunning
I will try to explain the current scientific theory even when I know it is a waste of my time, but at least I can say I tried.

In the evolution of prehistoric man, Their was a period of time when man became stressed by climate change. Scientific data has proven that at the same period of "missing link" man Earth was overwhelmed with volcanic activity causing it to cool dramatically from ash in the atmosphere. The proof is in soil and ice samples throughout the world.

Scientists of all types and from all over the world agree that at this time period man was in danger of becoming extinct, and went through the process of evolution at a much faster rate in order to survive. They believe that man not only had low numbers at this time, but evolved at an above normal rate in order to adapt. The reason for a lack of evidence for missing link man.

I would like to point out that nearly 95% of all living creatures that have ever existed has become extinct, so the fact that prehistoric man nearly became extinct is highly probable.

Man still is evolving even today. We are getting taller, less hairy and are becoming closer to having the same color of pigment in our skin and many more I'm sure.

As a believer that God exists, I believe this to be true at this time. but will be more than happy to listen to you apply math (which is absolutely more convincing than science) to your story of Noah and his Ark.

How many people were spared, and how many people are on Earth today, and what period of time did all this population accrue? All you have to do is give me a believable timeline.

"GOT TO HAVE FAITH" does not satisfy my thirst for knowledge.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6330 Mar 23, 2014
oh good grief. Are you seriously going to regurgitate the scientific mumbo jumbo you have read and listened to by other atheists? Science doesn't know what happened thousands of years ago. They weren't there. They have guesses but as I've said before those are always changing. Their dating methods have changed several times throughout the years. Everything you have said is simply ideas put forth by people that don't want there to be a God. You people are like talking to a Jehova Witness. Its basically a waste of time because you already have your minds made up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 5 min NoahLovesU 7,460
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min NoahLovesU 7,362
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 6 hr superwilly 106
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr thetruth 239,089
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web