'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6270 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
they have been searching for these fossils for ages. Don't you think they would have found thousands by now at least????? They don't exist.
Chromium its MUCH more than just Piltdown man. There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road. The more science discovers the more evident it is that man has a creator.
Hundreds of instances?

You have my attention!

Please give me an example of at least one.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6271 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
they have been searching for these fossils for ages. Don't you think they would have found thousands by now at least????? They don't exist.
Chromium its MUCH more than just Piltdown man. There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road. The more science discovers the more evident it is that man has a creator.
So simply because we keep finding new things it must mean there is a creator? How weak minded are you? Do you really need a crutch that badly? You question everything but Christianity. That is irrational.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6272 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road.
I see where you are confused, "Science" is not what produces these frauds its what discovers and exposes them.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6273 Mar 21, 2014
piltdown man and piltdown chicken to name only 2. Right Angel, science doesn't produce these frauds. Its people like you who have an agenda and use "science" as a way to supposedly support what you already believe. Science is a dangerous thing when used by people like yourself.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6274 Mar 21, 2014
piltdown man was a fraud committed by a religitard and it wasted scientific cycles.

When you deny Hitler's christianity you fall into the same religitard category.
antiatheist wrote:
Like Piltdown and MANY other scientific "discoveries" have been. Ever wonder why there aren't millions upon millions of transitional fossils?
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6275 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
piltdown man and piltdown chicken to name only 2. Right Angel, science doesn't produce these frauds. Its people like you who have an agenda and use "science" as a way to supposedly support what you already believe. Science is a dangerous thing when used by people like yourself.
LOL! Maybe a bank robber hasn't actually committed a crime because they were proving money isn't safe in a bank.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6276 Mar 21, 2014
I could give many more scientific frauds.

Piltdown man is a great example of how easily people are fooled. You guys would be among them.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6277 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Angel how could have possibly missed this ground breaking discovery.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does...
So you agree with me that the Bible is full of fiction as well as fact?

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6278 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Piltdown man is a great example of how easily people are fooled. You guys would be among them.
Name one fraud in the science world.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6279 Mar 21, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is flat theory.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6280 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Where have you been,'reading' the Life and Times of William Jennings Bryan coloring book? Transitional fossils have been found, correlated and cataloged in collections all over the world and more are added each year. "They don't exist" is just another lie from the creationists who feel emotionally threatened because discovery, evidence and knowledge has revealed just what Genesis is, is not and never was. Science has not evinced that man has a creator - only pseudoscience and blind faith provides "evidence" for the supernatural and superstition.
There is a difference between errors and hoaxes. Trial and error is how you learned to walk, talk and use the bathroom by yourself. It is part of the process of scientific method and paves the road of progress. Religion cannot tolerate a trial to reveal its errors, so those errors (and hoaxes) are handed down sacred, unchanging and inviolate through the centuries.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6281 Mar 21, 2014
scientific hoaxes or still happening today and gullible individuals like yourself usually swallow them hook, line, and sinker. How does it feel to be owned chromium?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6282 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
how...many...times..do...I...h ave...to...explain...this..to. ..you?????? You can call yourself whatever you want to. David Koresh and Jim Jones also claimed to be Christians. Do you not understand there are crazy people in this world that claim crazy things???? Are you really this brain washed?
Stating facts anti...I'm simply stating facts. Get a freakin grip dude.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6283 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
scientific hoaxes or still happening today and gullible individuals like yourself usually swallow them hook, line, and sinker. How does it feel to be owned chromium?
As are Christian hoaxes.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6284 Mar 22, 2014
The bible is a better example of how easily people are fooled.
antiatheist wrote:
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6285 Mar 22, 2014
Piltdown man was a nasty christard fraud. There's even a picture of Dawson being assisted in the field by a priest, for christ's sake.
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#6286 Mar 22, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>

Stars are closer than we are led to believe.
The speed of light has decreased over time.
Has anyone told FOX News about this.
Sounds like breaking news to me.
How could we have missed this so long.
It answers all questions ever posed by man.

Thanks for your brilliance.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6287 Mar 22, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trouble yourself with this problem.
Have another redneck brand beer and philosophize some more.
Thankfully no one cares about blue collar people.
No trouble. The persecution of the Jews throughout history, justified by their supposed murder of Jesus, is simply another example of typical Bot-on-Bot hate. You know, the stuff that's kept the funeral pyres stoked throughout Human History. You people can't handle the truth. You really think our troubles in the Middle East is just over oil? Deflect much?

Yeah. Blue Collar folk make great cannon fodder. Not supposed to think very much. Hell, I'm supposed to be on your side!

Texas, USA

#6288 Mar 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Yeah. It's called "Creation Science".
Here ... let me help you with that hook! Looks painful!!

Texas, USA

#6289 Mar 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
An agenda? I suppose religion doesn't have an agenda. The 'taking over the world' thing doesn't count I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 52 min geezerjock 1,263
Really, God? 57 min geezerjock 1
Is Religion Childish? 1 hr geezerjock 5
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr macumazahn 14,717
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr thetruth 234,703
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 1,502
why? 6 hr thetruth 60
More from around the web