'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6255 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Hard to believe people were so gullible and continue to be.
I agree wholeheartedly.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6256 Mar 21, 2014
Ya.......theres a certain small segment of society that is willing to believe almost anything as long as a "scientist" has said it to be true. I have no doubt whatsoever that if we were all alive during Piltdown man that every single one of you would be on here telling me how great that discovery was and how it proved evolution is true. No doubt whatsoever
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6257 Mar 21, 2014
Angel how could have possibly missed this ground breaking discovery.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does...

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6258 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
how could you have missed that it said it was an opinion, not fact.
here ya go:

Opinion by Leslie A. Wickman

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6259 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Imagine that, I religion website trying to prove god.

Location hidden

#6260 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You read that website A LOT more than I ever have. Pretty funny. I"ve said all along, things evolve within a species. A horse to horse, dog to dog, etc. At the end of the day, they are still horses and dogs. Its all semantics Angel. Look it up if you don't understand that word. So where are all the "intermediates"? There should literally be billions. Where are they angel????
There are fossils of this. Take Nomads for instance. They died off however they were a direct ancestor. Different specie. There have been many types of human like species and we have mapped them. Just because you choose to ignore them doesn't make them less true.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6261 Mar 21, 2014
Ha it is hilarious that you guys squirm and make up all kinds of irrational justifications for your beliefs. Angel, I believe the "opinion" inside the article was from an agnostic, not a believer. If this was given as evidence for no God then you couldn't post the link fast enough. Pretty funny stuff

Location hidden

#6262 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Ha it is hilarious that you guys squirm and make up all kinds of irrational justifications for your beliefs. Angel, I believe the "opinion" inside the article was from an agnostic, not a believer. If this was given as evidence for no God then you couldn't post the link fast enough. Pretty funny stuff
Irrational is believing in magic. Rational thought has real world explanations.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6263 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Like Piltdown and MANY other scientific "discoveries" have been. Ever wonder why there aren't millions upon millions of transitional fossils?
Science has theorized that at one point in the early existence of man, that man almost became extinct do to climate change. Wouldn't this be a reason for a gap in fossils?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6264 Mar 21, 2014
There would still be these supposed fossils showing transition from one species into another. This of course never happened which is why there aren't any.

Engineer you believe in the biggest hoax of them all....evolution. We never evolved from an apelike ancestor and things dont change from one species into another. End of story.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6265 Mar 21, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
What basis do you have for saying we don't know how the earth was created? We see many planets being created. We've observed how they are created. What parts about it are based purely on theory without the evidence?
I missed the opportunity of answering your question Wednesday because of time restraints.

I'm not a big propionate of using the Bible to explain science, I don't like being boxed into a corner, and having to use, "you have to have faith" in order to escape.

I would like to point out that in the very vague Book Of Genesis, that God rested on the 7th Day, it didn't say he retired.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6266 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Ya.......theres a certain small segment of society that is willing to believe almost anything as long as a "scientist" has said it to be true. I have no doubt whatsoever that if we were all alive during Piltdown man that every single one of you would be on here telling me how great that discovery was and how it proved evolution is true. No doubt whatsoever
How clever. The Creationist that says atheists are always saying the same things harps on Piltdown Man. Dawson (the most likely hoaxer) didn't seem to care much about evolution one way or the other. As his other "discoveries" indicate, he just wanted the fame and his name added to the Royal Society. Piltdown was doubted from day one, and it wasn't the theologians who debunked it.
I suppose your next "evidence" will be the "creation science" behind the tapeats sandstone layer, violations of SLoT and clams on Mount Everest. Have at it, Brainiac.

Location hidden

#6267 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There would still be these supposed fossils showing transition from one species into another. This of course never happened which is why there aren't any.
Engineer you believe in the biggest hoax of them all....evolution. We never evolved from an apelike ancestor and things dont change from one species into another. End of story.
Our DNA says otherwise.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6268 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
If man has problems finding a 777 today, what makes you think finding a few fossils should be easier?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6269 Mar 21, 2014
they have been searching for these fossils for ages. Don't you think they would have found thousands by now at least????? They don't exist.

Chromium its MUCH more than just Piltdown man. There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road. The more science discovers the more evident it is that man has a creator.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6270 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
they have been searching for these fossils for ages. Don't you think they would have found thousands by now at least????? They don't exist.
Chromium its MUCH more than just Piltdown man. There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road. The more science discovers the more evident it is that man has a creator.
Hundreds of instances?

You have my attention!

Please give me an example of at least one.

Location hidden

#6271 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
So simply because we keep finding new things it must mean there is a creator? How weak minded are you? Do you really need a crutch that badly? You question everything but Christianity. That is irrational.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6272 Mar 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There are literally hundreds of instances where science puts out this "evidence" only to be proven wrong later down the road.
I see where you are confused, "Science" is not what produces these frauds its what discovers and exposes them.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6273 Mar 21, 2014
piltdown man and piltdown chicken to name only 2. Right Angel, science doesn't produce these frauds. Its people like you who have an agenda and use "science" as a way to supposedly support what you already believe. Science is a dangerous thing when used by people like yourself.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6274 Mar 21, 2014
piltdown man was a fraud committed by a religitard and it wasted scientific cycles.

When you deny Hitler's christianity you fall into the same religitard category.
antiatheist wrote:
Like Piltdown and MANY other scientific "discoveries" have been. Ever wonder why there aren't millions upon millions of transitional fossils?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr candlesmell 94,151
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 17 hr blacklagoon 3 138
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 15 dollarsbill 5
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971