'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6215 Mar 20, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Baptism, Accepting Christ, Memorizing Scripture, Church Camp, Lock-ins, Prayer Groups etc. I did all that stuff. I even went to private Christian school. It was a Church/School. I literally went to church 7 days a week.
I am so sorry. That had to suck.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6216 Mar 20, 2014
so you never knew Christ which means you never were a Christian. You have done nothing wrong? Wow...Angel is a perfect person and has never done anything wrong. You honestly believe that?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6217 Mar 20, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Baptism, Accepting Christ, Memorizing Scripture, Church Camp, Lock-ins, Prayer Groups etc. I did all that stuff. I even went to private Christian school. It was a Church/School. I literally went to church 7 days a week.
It's all clear now!

Christian School.

Been there done that.

Free Thinkers are not welcome.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6218 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so you never knew Christ which means you never were a Christian. You have done nothing wrong? Wow...Angel is a perfect person and has never done anything wrong. You honestly believe that?
LOL! Do you really think that you have to be a devout Christian in order to be accepted into Heaven?

Point, Game, Match!

Devil Wins. Wasn't even close.

You might want to check what the Bible actually says before you condemn over 3/4 of the world to Hell.

I can't believe you think God is so stupid, to allow himself such a disadvantage.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6219 Mar 20, 2014
Angel doesn't need forgiveness because she has never done anything wrong.

so what........How many times do I have to tell you this. There is nothing Free about the way atheists think. You all say THE EXACT SAME THINGS. Atheism has become your religion.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6220 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what........How many times do I have to tell you this. There is nothing Free about the way atheists think. You all say THE EXACT SAME THINGS. Atheism has become your religion.
Haha, your ignorance is only hindering your life.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6221 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
LOL! And because you choose to continue to JUDGE, even when the BIBLE tells you that GOD is the only one that has the right to JUDGE, proves you must think your GOD.

I will have to do some research, you might be entitled to a free pass to Heaven, because of your claims of being mentally ill.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6222 Mar 20, 2014
That's strange!

When I Goggled insanity in the bible, Mathew 7:1-29 surfaced.

Do you think it could be a sign from God?

Maybe it's God's way of saying mental illness is not the issue.

What do you think Antiatheist? Are you mentally ill, or just judgmental?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6223 Mar 20, 2014
And you think you don't judge? YOU have been judging me for months now. Besides, Jesus himself judged peoples actions all the time. People get judged in America every single day. We judge murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. You don't think you judge those actions? Your wrong. The problem is YOU don't like being judged.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6224 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
And you think you don't judge? YOU have been judging me for months now. Besides, Jesus himself judged peoples actions all the time. People get judged in America every single day. We judge murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. You don't think you judge those actions? Your wrong. The problem is YOU don't like being judged.
I Claim to be a CHRISTIAN, when a claim be a CHRISTIAN it doesn't allow me the privilege to claim I'm perfect. So if I have inadvertently judged you, I'm sorry, I'm a CHRISTIAN, I'm not perfect.

But, I don't believe that I have judged you. I've asked you questions and I've asked you to explain your reasoning. That's not judging.

When YOU choose to avoid questions about YOUR proclamations, it is human nature for someone to assume the answer, based upon what YOU have, or have not said.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6225 Mar 20, 2014
Ha........you haven't judged me? Of course you have. As I said, we judge behavior every single day. If someone abuses a child are you telling me you aren't going to judge that behavior? Give me a break.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6226 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Nightserf.........anyone that has asked Christ for forgiveness and accepted Him as their savior is a Christian regardless of denomination, etc. Its not about being "religious" or how charitable a person is.
But what I asked was how you define the word "religious" in the context of the above discussion.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6227 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
How about this; you breed contention, you thrive in rivalry, you judge others, incite hateful works, basically you do many of the things the bible tells you not to do, yet you brag about your Christianity. That is called hypocrisy . Did Jesus not say many will come in my name and yet he will say get away I never knew you?
Maybe your time would be better spent reading your bible and making even a lame attempt to do as it says you must do to be a Christian, and less time on the trolling internet looking for trouble and someone to release your hate onto. Spend more time perfecting your Christianity and less time defiling it.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6228 Mar 20, 2014
anyone can be religious about anything. Atheists are religious. Religion and being a Christian really aren't even the same thing.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6229 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Ha........you haven't judged me? Of course you have. As I said, we judge behavior every single day. If someone abuses a child are you telling me you aren't going to judge that behavior? Give me a break.
The judging that is under discussion is not the day to day judgment of a situation but the judgment to life or death according to your God.

You don't have anything of substance to counter with so you want to start with the petty meanings of words that have no bearing on the conversation. This is usually what happens when someone starts spouting off and then cannot hold their own later.

Knoxville, TN

#6230 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
anyone can be religious about anything. Atheists are religious. Religion and being a Christian really aren't even the same thing.
That's not a definition. Please provide your definition of the word "religious" in the context of your posts on this thread.

Knoxville, TN

#6231 Mar 20, 2014
Sorry to post like a broken record, but until I know how you define "religious," I can't know what you mean about any of the above. the dictionary definitions don't fit, but the meanings of all words vary with context and usage. my purpose isn't to argue that your definition is wrong Others will undoubtedly do that--it's impossible to make any assertion on Topix without being challenged on it. I just want to know what you mean in the various posts where you use the word.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#6232 Mar 20, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. That was the only thing in my life that I regarded as child abuse.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6233 Mar 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Abuse of someone can be subjective. So I have to say, your analogy is to vague to be answered.

But I will try to answer your question with more clarity added.

If someone was to beat a child to death, and I voiced my displeasure towards that act, I wouldn't be judging the person that committed the act. I would be condemning the act (or sin) that was committed.

The Bible says anyone (it doesn't specify just Christians) has every right to do so.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6234 Mar 20, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
Sorry to post like a broken record, but until I know how you define "religious," I can't know what you mean about any of the above. the dictionary definitions don't fit, but the meanings of all words vary with context and usage. my purpose isn't to argue that your definition is wrong Others will undoubtedly do that--it's impossible to make any assertion on Topix without being challenged on it. I just want to know what you mean in the various posts where you use the word.
The term broken record is antiquated. You might want to use closed loop for the younger generation.

My kids would think you were referring to obtaining a goal.

Enjoy your posts, especially late night when sleep is hard to come by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Science 81,591
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 33,011
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web