'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6130 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha.........you think teaching your child about God is child abuse???? Seriously man where in the heck do you live and do you honestly say these things in public? amazing
I once opened my door to a 5 year old boy in a suit pandering church literature while his mother sat in her car. A 5 year old could not begin to understand what he was doing or why. I found her "godliness" appalling. I venture you'd disagree.
It would be inappropriate for you to attempt to indoctrinate someone else's child to your radical viewpoint.
I think you exhibit the type of personality that would make superb cult fodder. I would not be surprised if you heard "God's" voice in your head telling you to do -inappropriate- things you would not hesitate to follow through.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6131 Mar 18, 2014
Chromium where do you live? Earth? I'm starting to have my doubts. You point out extremes and paint them as the norm. There are many cults in our society. You should know since you belong to one of them. Telling your child about God is a wonderful thing. Not telling them is sad.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6132 Mar 18, 2014
Yes.
The Chilterns.
Yes.
I know.
antiatheist wrote:
ha.........you think teaching your child about God is child abuse???? Seriously man where in the heck do you live and do you honestly say these things in public? amazing

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6133 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Chromium where do you live? Earth? I'm starting to have my doubts. You point out extremes and paint them as the norm. There are many cults in our society. You should know since you belong to one of them. Telling your child about God is a wonderful thing. Not telling them is sad.
I point out extremes because they exist. To be fair, most people are reasonable and moderate - but then there are others...
Tell the truth. Do you think "Intelligent Design" or "Creation Science" should be taught in public schools? Do you think that there was an Adam and Eve and a global flood? Do you think that elected officials should swear an oath of office on a Bible or "Under God"?
So now you >declare< that I am a cultist. Well, well... Despite what your ilk seems to believe, Lying for Jesus isn't going to get you a gold star in St. Pete's ledger.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6134 Mar 18, 2014
uh oh you went and used the famous atheist word "ilk". Do you realize nobody uses this word except for atheists? Its pretty funny and just continues to make my point that all you guys think exactly the same and talk the same. The word "cult" describes you to a tee.

Do I think intelligent design or creation science should be taught in school? I think creation should be taught. If you want to teach the theory of evolution then I'm fine with that also as long as the other side is given and let the kids make up their minds. Thats what you want isnt it? For kids to be able to make up their own minds? Wait, of course you don't. Atheists don't want all sides to be told. They get their little panties in a wad at the very mention of creation. By the way, yes I believe their was a global flood and that Adam and Eve did exist. I believe we should swear on the bible and "under God" is perfect. Most people agree with me. You are a very small segment of the population.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6135 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
uh oh you went and used the famous atheist word "ilk". Do you realize nobody uses this word except for atheists? Its pretty funny and just continues to make my point that all you guys think exactly the same and talk the same. The word "cult" describes you to a tee.
Do I think intelligent design or creation science should be taught in school? I think creation should be taught. If you want to teach the theory of evolution then I'm fine with that also as long as the other side is given and let the kids make up their minds. Thats what you want isnt it? For kids to be able to make up their own minds? Wait, of course you don't. Atheists don't want all sides to be told. They get their little panties in a wad at the very mention of creation. By the way, yes I believe their was a global flood and that Adam and Eve did exist. I believe we should swear on the bible and "under God" is perfect. Most people agree with me. You are a very small segment of the population.
In **SCIENCE** class? YOU must teach SCIENCE. Not religion.

So where/when are you going to teach creationsm?

In Stupid Things People Believe class?

How about Child Abuse Down Through History class?

Or Abnormal Psychology-- under people's delusions and their imaginary magic friends.

----------

The problem with teaching CREATIONISM in SCHOOL?

Is this:

WHICH ONE DO YOU TEACH?

Do you teach them ALL? That would take years to cover the millions of **DIFFERENT** creationism stories on Earth.

Will you include the Parody ones too? Such as Flying Spaghetti Monster?

If you FAIL to include FSM?

You better have a NON-RELIGIOUS REASON for not doing so!
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6136 Mar 18, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most humans can distinguish 5 or 6 at a glance, but beyond that they have to count.
How long would it take you to count the miles in just one light year? How many Planck lengths is that? There is far more to know than we ever will. Does that disprove there is a "god" or evince that there is one? Neither, but without retreating to a Hollywood Matrix-like universe, the Laws of Probability dictate that ancient myths being reality are so incomprehensively vanishingly minuscule as to be "incomprehensible".
You should know that your in the lead for The Doubting Thomas Award for today.

So where did the origins of the universe originate from, before it became the universe as we know it today?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6137 Mar 18, 2014
Are you afraid of creationism being taught? If its so obvious that we evolved then all the kids would gravitate towards that belief. Teachers should teach both belief systems and let the students make the ultimate choice as to what they believe. You afraid some of them would reject your ideas? Of course you are

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6138 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
So, now you presume to select the words I can use? Nothing extreme about that... Shall I catalog my books so you can tell me which ones to burn, too?
It appears that you don't understand what a cult is. Figures.
It was a trick question. There is no such thing as "creation science." It was just to show you are unqualified to set a science curriculum. The idea that kids won't know about the book of Genesis unless the state mandates Creationism in school is insane. On the other hand, you don't seem to know much about the Bible and how old are you now?
There is zero zilch nada evidence of what would have been by many orders of magnitude the greatest natural disaster in recorded history. There is no genetic bottleneck from either the "Garden of Eden" or the Noachian flood. Both are completely debunked.
Swearing a religious oath to office is contrary to the Bible (Matt 5:34) and represents a religious test, which is contrary to Article VI, para 3 of the U.S. Constitution.

You are an extremist. If you still claim that most people agree with you, then most people you hang with are dumb as stumps and willfully ignorant.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6139 Mar 18, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You should know that your in the lead for The Doubting Thomas Award for today.
So where did the origins of the universe originate from, before it became the universe as we know it today?
No great achievement, that. It isn't as if anti has been able to provide anything that isn't.. doubtful - to put it kindly.
The prevailing theory among physicists is that there "was" no time "before" time, so "before the universe" is a null concept. Savvy?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6140 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Are you afraid of creationism being taught? If its so obvious that we evolved then all the kids would gravitate towards that belief. Teachers should teach both belief systems and let the students make the ultimate choice as to what they believe. You afraid some of them would reject your ideas? Of course you are
I admit that I don't like the idea that we'd turn out ignorant as a box of sweatsocks students. If you want to have a comparative religion course, get signed parental consent forms and do it in the context of humanities - not science.
We are already woefully lagging in producing even adequate student educations among the civilized world. Why should we divert resources from real studies to teach BS like dinosaurs walked with humans <10,000 years ago?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6141 Mar 18, 2014
chromium you are evidently living in your own little world. Your perceived superiority is a big part of your problem and I"m sure I can't be the first to have ever told you that. God created the universe and we didn't evolve from an ape like ancestor. There are no transitional fossils so you are just going to have to deal with it. My advice to you is to humble yourself a little bit and be open minded to other opinions. Millions of people disagree with you on this subject. Now quit reading atheists websites because they are ruining your life and its going to be too late for you one of these days.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#6142 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Both belief systems?
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>

The problem with teaching CREATIONISM in SCHOOL?
Is this:
WHICH ONE DO YOU TEACH?
Do you teach them ALL? That would take years to cover the millions of **DIFFERENT** creationism stories on Earth.
Will you include the Parody ones too? Such as Flying Spaghetti Monster?
If you FAIL to include FSM?
You better have a NON-RELIGIOUS REASON for not doing so!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6143 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Are you afraid of creationism being taught?
Actually? Yes-- the insideous way you evil people "teach" it, is literal brainwashing.

So yeah-- your evil cult's brainwashing *is* something to be feared.

And no-- you do not get to teach your ugly religion in SCIENCE class.

Because your creationism? IS NOT SCIENCE.

It's bullshyt -- or "religion" if you prefer

(they are the same, really...)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6144 Mar 18, 2014
ya you guys are taking it too far and it has become a belief system for you. There is no conclusive evidence that we came from an apelike ancestor. Scientist don't know how the universe began or what caused it. They "believe" they know but they don't. So yes, its a belief system and I have got to hand it to atheists for their profound faith. I don't think I could believe in something so outrageous.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6145 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
good grief..........being "religious" doesn't mean you are a Christian. Many nuts throughout time have been religious but that certainly doesn't mean they are Christians. Atheists are "religious" as are many other nutty groups of people.
Have you ever heard of a sheep in wolves clothing? False prophets perhaps? David Koresh claimed to be a Christian as have many other evil people. For you to use them as examples of a Christian is idiotic at best and only shows desperation on your part.
How do you define "religious" in this context?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6146 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
chromium you are evidently living in your own little world. Your perceived superiority is a big part of your problem and I"m sure I can't be the first to have ever told you that. God created the universe and we didn't evolve from an ape like ancestor. There are no transitional fossils so you are just going to have to deal with it. My advice to you is to humble yourself a little bit and be open minded to other opinions. Millions of people disagree with you on this subject. Now quit reading atheists websites because they are ruining your life and its going to be too late for you one of these days.
You wouldn't know a transitional fossil from a dino shaped chicken nugget. You can cling to the bullshyte and lies that CARM, Answers in Genesis and the Discovery Institute tell you and all will be right in your little world - except that to the rest of the world it is you who are the laughing stock. I'm sure that millions do agree with you -(it's all in the statistics - don't grin like an idiot) and millions more Americans in this 21st century find that an embarrassment.
Those "atheist websites" are the institutions and universities that (unlike the church) have no need or desire to retreat into iron age superstition. Grow a little courage, set aside your crutches of willful ignorance and delusion and face the real truth, not your make believe "Truth" - the enlightenment started over 200 years ago and is still going strong.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6147 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ya you guys are taking it too far and it has become a belief system for you. There is no conclusive evidence that we came from an apelike ancestor. Scientist don't know how the universe began or what caused it. They "believe" they know but they don't. So yes, its a belief system and I have got to hand it to atheists for their profound faith. I don't think I could believe in something so outrageous.
Outrageous is contempt prior to investigation, and you don't strike me as someone who is interested in investigating squat. All you've actually got is an emotional investment and bias confirmation for bronze age scrolls from a desert tribe..
Physics calculations, libraries full of biochemistry data and warehouses full of the fossil record - constantly challenged, reviewed, corrected, correlated and updated are a "belief system" but Genesis is conclusive? ROFL!
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6148 Mar 18, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit that I don't like the idea that we'd turn out ignorant as a box of sweatsocks students. If you want to have a comparative religion course, get signed parental consent forms and do it in the context of humanities - not science.
We are already woefully lagging in producing even adequate student educations among the civilized world. Why should we divert resources from real studies to teach BS like dinosaurs walked with humans <10,000 years ago?
I try to be a Good Christian and not be insulting, judgmental or condescending, but when it comes to my children's educational needs, I have enough problems with some teachers not doing their jobs. I would hate to think what the conversation would be like if someone like Antiatheist was allowed to teach religion to my children.

And I'm afraid it would be like the movie Groundhog Day. The first conversation would be with the teacher, then the principal, then the assistant superintendent, then the superintendent, then the school board, then the department of education, then my attorney, Then because I live in Oklahoma, an arbitrator, then a district judge, then a state judge, the state supreme court, and then a federal judge.

And as if that won't be exhausting enough. It would be off to the Supreme Court we would go so the State of Oklahoma could prove to the rest of the Country just how Christian they are.

Please God, keep religion out of my childrens' classrooms.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6149 Mar 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
We already went over this.

Joan Rivers is a transitional fossil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Mr_SKY 12,859
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 247,697
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 21 min Eagle 12 26
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 30 min thetruth 47,877
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr thetruth 44
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 hr Thinking 2,357
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 23 hr macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web