'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Newalla, OK

#6035 Mar 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
no..........I don't counsel gay teens.
I would like to submit this statement into evidence as proof that God does exist.......... and doesn't hate Gays.

I realize it is not enough to convince non-believers that God does exist and he does care about all of us, but it is a start.

I'm sure you have heard the saying, that God works in mysterious ways........This is NOT one of them.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6036 Mar 16, 2014
what statement are you referring to? Did i say God hated gays? No I didn't. I said God hates sin and homosexuality is a sin. They can be forgiven for it just like any of us can be forgiven of sin. Simple as that. Counseling them to remain in sin is counterproductive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6037 Mar 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob, you are insane my friend. Seek professional help fast
You did not answer:

WHEN did you CHOOSE to be straight?

Or did you?

Perhaps you are gay?

You certainly protest as if you are...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6038 Mar 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
what statement are you referring to? Did i say God hated gays? No I didn't. I said God hates sin and homosexuality is a sin. They can be forgiven for it just like any of us can be forgiven of sin. Simple as that. Counseling them to remain in sin is counterproductive.
Why not?

Either your god is willing to continuously forgive the "sin" of being "gay", or he isn't.

Do you not also believe that people continually sin, because they are imperfect?

And do you also not believe that your Jesus' actions, is a continuous forgiveness of this continuous sinning?

What matters what **sort** of sin it is?

Does your bible not say, that **ALL** sin is **EXACTLY**ALIKE**?

Why yes-- yes it does say that.

So WHAT DIFFERENCE, here?

Except that you wish to PUNISH WITH YOUR HATE A SPECIFIC GROUP OF FOLK?

That must be it, then--

-- you love the PUNISHING, don't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6039 Mar 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob, you are insane my friend. Seek professional help fast
Well-- since you refuse to answer?

Obviously, you NEVER DID CHOOSE to be straight.

Therefore?

YOU MUST HAVE CHOSEN TO BE GAY.

For that IS what you believe, isn't it? That it's a "choice"?

You believe that you have to "choose" one or the other-- since you refuse to tell us when you "chose" to be straight, you OBVIOUSLY "chose" to be gay.

No **WONDER** you are mad all the time!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

Waxhaw, NC

#6040 Mar 16, 2014
Oh look! The Dweeb is back iconing posts in the forum.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6041 Mar 16, 2014
John wrote:
Oh look! The Dweeb is back iconing posts in the forum.
Poor Siro!

Does my software frustrate you?

Do you get all bent, because you can't negative-icon those you hate with every fibre of your being?

Here's the world's smallest violin, playing you a sad, sad tune...

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6042 Mar 17, 2014
According to your bible, your god murdered every baby that wasn't on the ark.
Every baby but a handful.

And you worship *that*?
antiatheist wrote:
of course you don't see any hate. You look at the world through atheist glasses. The hate on this thread is really shocking to the average person and its something most people only hear about. You guys are so far down in the gutter that you don't even realize it. If Angel doesn't hate God then what do you call it? She mocks God in practically every post.
John

Asheboro, NC

#6043 Mar 17, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Siro!
Does my software frustrate you?
Do you get all bent, because you can't negative-icon those you hate with every fibre of your being?
Here's the world's smallest violin, playing you a sad, sad tune...
LMAO!
Paranoid, Blob? Who is this Siro? I see that you've been iconing other threads. You need to take your meds.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6044 Mar 17, 2014
Bob is a great representative for the atheist religion

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6045 Mar 17, 2014

And you worship *that*?
antiatheist wrote:

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6046 Mar 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
That last couple of posts he made are correct though, no?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6047 Mar 17, 2014

Dallas, TX

#6048 Mar 17, 2014
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6049 Mar 17, 2014
Bob and Angel represent you guys pretty accurately. They both want those that don't agree with them to die. Angel picks out extreme individuals and claims they are Christians. I could do the exact same things with atheists could I not? Difference is, I'm not so close minded and one sided to think all atheists are murderers, etc. Shows how desperate she has become.

Location hidden

#6050 Mar 17, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/scientis ts-detect-echoes-big-bang-1517 53508.html
Saw an article on this. They are still evaluating the observation but it appears to be accurate data. A great find this is though. It gets us that much closer to what kicked off the bang.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#6051 Mar 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob and Angel represent you guys pretty accurately. They both want those that don't agree with them to die. Angel picks out extreme individuals and claims they are Christians. I could do the exact same things with atheists could I not? Difference is, I'm not so close minded and one sided to think all atheists are murderers, etc. Shows how desperate she has become.
It isn't those that disagree that is the issue. It is those who spread hate to try and convert those who don't follow their religion. Those are the people everyone should wish didn't exist. Even you, especially considering they represent a culture you partake in.

Dallas, TX

#6052 Mar 17, 2014
This:
antiatheist wrote:
Bob and Angel represent you guys pretty accurately.
They both want those that don't agree with them to die.
contradicts this:
antiatheist wrote:
I could do the exact same things with atheists could I not? Difference is, I'm not so close minded and one sided to think all atheists are murderers, etc

Dallas, TX

#6053 Mar 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Fred Phelps is a truly evil person. I dont wish eternal suffering, death or damnation on anyone. However, it will be a better world without his brand of hate.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6054 Mar 17, 2014

And you worship *that*?
antiatheist wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 51,765
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 5 min Rev Cash Dollar 201
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 5,799
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 22,125
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 1,657
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 11,409
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr scientia potentia... 24,688
More from around the web