'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6010 Mar 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You did not answer the question:

WHEN DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT?

Hmmm?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6011 Mar 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
of course you don't see any hate.
Wrong.

I see pure HATE oozing from YOU, with the majority of your ugly posts.

Here's a fine, fine example:
antiatheist wrote:
Bob you are either 1)gay 2)stupid or 3) extremely gullible.
Who Would Jewsus Hate?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6012 Mar 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
skeptical atheists? I think you mean close minded atheists. Do I really need to go back and list all the vulgarities people on this thread have said regarding Christians? Take a few minutes and do that for yourself and then get back to me.
No, you don't. You made allegations about one specific atheist. You have only to go back and find one or two examples where AngelAngle expresses easily recognized hatred. If your readers agree that those posts are hateful, you will have proved your point. I don't think there's any other way to do so, and if you can't, you should drop that tactic and move on to more substantive discussion.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6013 Mar 14, 2014
my readers? Ummmm are you talking about all you atheists?? Ha.........you people are about as one sided as anyone could possibly get. Angel has posted for months now and most of it has been negative either about God or Christianity or both. Call it hate or disrespect it really doesn't matter. Mocking God and believers is practically all she does.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6014 Mar 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
my readers? Ummmm are you talking about all you atheists?? Ha.........you people are about as one sided as anyone could possibly get. Angel has posted for months now and most of it has been negative either about God or Christianity or both. Call it hate or disrespect it really doesn't matter. Mocking God and believers is practically all she does.
You did not answer the question:

WHEN DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT?

Hmmm?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6015 Mar 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
my readers? Ummmm are you talking about all you atheists?? Ha.........you people are about as one sided as anyone could possibly get. Angel has posted for months now and most of it has been negative either about God or Christianity or both. Call it hate or disrespect it really doesn't matter. Mocking God and believers is practically all she does.
Wow....just wow
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6016 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
skeptical atheists? I think you mean close minded atheists. Do I really need to go back and list all the vulgarities people on this thread have said regarding Christians? Take a few minutes and do that for yourself and then get back to me.
I'm a Christian, and I don't recall anyone trying to personally insult me on this forum, but you.

Is it because when you choose to insult someone, you don't discriminate? Try not to use an insult to answer the question.

Judged:

13

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

Williamsburg, VA

#6017 Mar 15, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is really funny about trolls like Bob of Quantum-Faith aka notes and notes 2? The way they go back and place positive "Judge It" icons on their own posts and negative ones on almost everyone else's. Does he really think anyone cares about those silly things or that he's fooling anyone? what a dweeb!
Agreed!

Judged:

23

23

23

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6018 Mar 15, 2014
so what are you gay?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6019 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what are you gay?
Wow, Anti.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6020 Mar 15, 2014
wow? Are you so easily offended you can't handle a simple question?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6021 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
my readers? Ummmm are you talking about all you atheists?? Ha.........you people are about as one sided as anyone could possibly get. Angel has posted for months now and most of it has been negative either about God or Christianity or both. Call it hate or disrespect it really doesn't matter. Mocking God and believers is practically all she does.
Yes, your readers, a mix of atheists, skeptics, onlookers, and those who, like yourself, are here mainly to argue with atheists for one reason or another. When you begin a post, though, you should think about the people who will read what you write. Who, in that general mix, do you want to persuade and of what? what does your target audience currently believe and why? Given that, what can you present that will give them reason to reconsider those beliefs?

At one point or another, many writers here have described the processes by which they came to their current positions. Most of those whom you oppose have expressed an attachment to logic and evidence that hold up to skeptical analysis. If you respond to them with unsupported assertions and more emotional approaches, you are unlikely to change anyone's point of view.

But perhaps that is not your goal. Perhaps you actually enjoy useless, pointless wrangling and arbitrary exchanges of insults. If so, you should be able to take as well as you give rather than complaining when others disrespect you and mock your beliefs.

The fundamental questions remain: what do you hope to accomplish here? does your current approach accomplish that goal? how can you change your approach to do better?

These are questions all writers should as of themselves.

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

#6022 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wow? Are you so easily offended you can't handle a simple question?
I wasn't offended Anti, you have never magaged to offend me try as you may. However, your ability to miss the point is making believe in the supernatural. No mere human could be that clueless and that closed minded, yet here you are before me.

You have another Christian trying to explain to you that no one has attacked them on this forum and that most of what they have seen has been you attacking and insutling others for having different beliefs.

your response,"are you gay?"

I really am not sure if theres any help for you Anti.
L Wert

Bartlesville, OK

#6023 Mar 15, 2014
We need a Republican jihad that would bring back prayer in schools and would legislate compulsory attendence at solid, Protestant churches. Then this country would prosper again.
So What

Choctaw, OK

#6024 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what are you gay?
Well at least you weren't insulting this time.

No I'm not gay, and to save you a little time with anymore Socratics , I'm not a Lesbian either.

Sorry to disappoint you. I know it would have made avoiding my question so much easier.

I will rephrase my question. Why do you feel it is your duty as a Christian to insult someone?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6025 Mar 15, 2014
so what.........are you the one that "counsels" gay teens?
SowHat

Choctaw, OK

#6026 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what.........are you the one that "counsels" gay teens?
If you must insist on Socratic dialog than I will play along.

Do you counsel Gay Teens?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6027 Mar 15, 2014
no..........I don't counsel gay teens. I believe so what does though

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6028 Mar 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
no..........I don't counsel gay teens. I believe so what does though
Hopefully, you don't try to "counsel" anyone.

The world has enough messed up people as it is, without *you* making more.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6029 Mar 15, 2014
bob if anyone knows about counseling its you. My guess is that you are beyond counseling at this point. Only a mental institution would work for you now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Eagle 12 227,745
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 11 min KIND 343
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min fadu singh 22,366
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 2 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 6 hr P_Smith 1
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••