'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5931 Mar 9, 2014
ya homo......you know the part where you have sex with someone that is the same sex as you? The perverted lifestyle you chose? Ya, that one.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5932 Mar 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ya homo......you know the part where you have sex with someone that is the same sex as you? The perverted lifestyle you chose? Ya, that one.
I have never said Im a homosexual. What makes you think that?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5933 Mar 9, 2014
I think anti has his kids get on his computer to speak for him sometimes.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5934 Mar 9, 2014
you aren't a homosexual angel?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX

#5935 Mar 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you aren't a homosexual angel?
Not at all. What makes you think that?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5936 Mar 9, 2014
well my apologies then. I could have sworn you said you were. Oh well

Dallas, TX

#5937 Mar 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
well my apologies then. I could have sworn you said you were. Oh well
so, you believed one idea to be correct.but based on new information it has given you a better understanding on the world around you and therefore,you have changed your stance on the older, now outdated belief system.
facinating.

You don't have to apologize Anti, I don't consider "gay" a derogatory term at all. I know a lot of great people that are gay. It didnt bother me every time you called be gay,you were just wrong.There are sevaral other things about me you have been wrong about as well.It does make it difficult to have a conversation sometimes when you are hung up on one detail however. I have been curious as to why you felt that way? Is is because I have spoken out for gays rights? That doesnt mean someone is gay. It just means they believe in equal rights. I have tried to relay to you Anti that you can be too quick to judge and thats certianally not what Jesus teaches.

When you believe an idea or have "faith" in an idea without first checking its valididity all arguments and actions that follow are going to be wrong because they were based on incorrect information. I know that you are they type of person to verbally attack gays because you have done it to me and I'm straight as an arrow. I just hope you arent the type to physically harm someone for being different from you. In this case you would have attacked someone whom you thought was gay but wasn't at all. This is the biggest problem that I have with prejudice,hate and intolerance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5939 Mar 10, 2014
no angel.I simply got you mixed up with another one of your fellow atheist posters. Its just that simple. Kinda like when you misspell a word and are corrected.

Gay is a derogatory term. I realize in your world its a status symbol but most people don't live in your world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#5940 Mar 10, 2014
Gay is not a status symbol. I guess it is in your world, but not I'm reality.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#5941 Mar 10, 2014
Because Megan's Law prevents him.
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
What arent you in church?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5942 Mar 10, 2014
come on iseeyou aren't you the one going around encouraging teens to be gay? Telling them how wonderful it is?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5943 Mar 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
come on iseeyou aren't you the one going around encouraging teens to be gay? Telling them how wonderful it is?
I would encourage teens to be WHO THEY ARE.

Some are gay (born that way). Some are not (also born that way).

I would encourage each to be true to the person they were born as.

It's bigots like **you** who would try to force gay teens to **pretend** they aren't actually gay.

I suppose that is because pretending comes naturally to you godbots: you pretend you care about people (when you don't-- you are against helping programs for the poor).

You pretend you worship a loving god (when in fact, you don't --- your god is a monster who you believe tortures people forever for the slightest of minor silliness)

And so on... so pretending you are something you are **NOT** is easy for you.

No **wonder** you try to force the gays to pretend they are not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5944 Mar 10, 2014
since you are so big on evidence Bob, why don't you show me the evidence that someone is born gay? Oh thats right it doesn't exist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#5945 Mar 10, 2014
I will tell a teenager that it is ok to be who they are and to not be ashamed if they are gay. Unlike you, anti, who
Would prefer a child commit suicide than feel loved as a human.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5946 Mar 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
since you are so big on evidence Bob, why don't you show me the evidence that someone is born gay? Oh thats right it doesn't exist.
False, you lying racist bigot.

Go to PubMed database-- you know the one? It pretty much covers all of modern,**scientific** medical discoveries, papers, research, etc.

And there you will find that the consensus among all the **educated** medical people, that gay is something you are born with-- or not born with.

There is no choice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5947 Mar 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
When did YOU CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT, bigot?

If it is a CHOICE as you claim?

WHEN DID YOU CHOOSE?

Hmmm?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5948 Mar 11, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>

Some are gay (born that way). Some are not (also born that way).

You pretend you worship a loving god (when in fact, you don't --- your god is a monster who you believe tortures people forever for the slightest of minor silliness)
Bob, you've got it all wrong.
Some people are born stupid and others not.
Why keep on pretending what you're not.

My God does as he's told. And he's directed
to provide pastries during Sunday Sermons.
Silliness isn't a sin, neither is stupidity.

If you prefer penis to pastries, be yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5949 Mar 11, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
When did YOU CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT, bigot?
If it is a CHOICE as you claim?
WHEN DID YOU CHOOSE?
Hmmm?
He didn't choose to be 'straight', Bob. That 'choice' was, obviously, forced on him by his family, church and community.

Now... I'm not saying they all knew he was gay, and that they actively targeted him in an attempt to change him into being 'straight', but their actions and statements about how gay people were an abomination in the eyes of their 'god' was surely cause for concern to a young 'anti' growing up with feelings that he was always told were... well... yucky.

I mean, seriously... why would someone (anti) who claims to be 'straight' spend soooo much time talking about gays?? Reminds me of a certain politician and an airport restroom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5950 Mar 11, 2014
Bob you are either 1)gay 2)stupid or 3) extremely gullible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX

#5951 Mar 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
How can you talk about something so often that you say you don't believe in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 12 min ChristineM 21,874
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min ChristineM 258,041
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 26 min Cujo 36
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 54 min One way or another 48,588
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 23,506
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 2 hr Mikko 1
What are the best arguments against religion? 2 hr bluehill 1
More from around the web