'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5817 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
there is life outside of this msg board. I can give you example after example of atheists groups obsessing over God and Christians. Their whole existence revolves around it. The very title of this topic has the word "God" in it.
Reality is that we don't like religion, and yes some atheists "hate" religion, but someone cannot hate something that does not exist. You spend way more time obsessing over atheists than you do atheism itself than any atheist on this message board or elsewhere has spent obsessing over a non existent god.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5818 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
there is life outside of this msg board. I can give you example after example of atheists groups obsessing over God and Christians. Their whole existence revolves around it. The very title of this topic has the word "God" in it.
The odds of you knowing an actual atheist person--let alone whole groups?

Is slim to zero.

The odds of you knowing anyone who isn't a member of your hate-cult?

Also close to zero.

Get real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5819 Mar 3, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is that we don't like religion, and yes some atheists "hate" religion, but someone cannot hate something that does not exist. You spend way more time obsessing over atheists than you do atheism itself than any atheist on this message board or elsewhere has spent obsessing over a non existent god.
Indeed he does-- his obsession would be funny, if it were not so disturbing.

I can easily see him going all postal in his local mall....
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5820 Mar 3, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

Look up the meaning of "potential". Mull it over and get back to me.
I'm not able to mull it over as you do.
I don't drink the swill Red Neck Philosophers do.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5821 Mar 3, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not able to mull it over as you do.
I don't drink the swill Red Neck Philosophers do.
Maybe you need a big quaff of God Swill Ministry!
Jesus Christ

Guthrie, OK

#5822 Mar 3, 2014
A good person is a good person. Belief systems show no evidence of swaying someone's moral mind set one way or another. A Priest will still be a pedophile, while an atheist can still be a savior. In effect good or bad can not be altered. There is no right way to believe, only a right way to behave. To claim any belief system "makes" good people is absurd. Especially considering all religions, including Christianity are responsible for billions of horrible genocides, it'd be hard to imagine making up for those acts.

If you are religious, you believe out of FAITH, not fact. There is no problem with that as long as you acknowledge that there is no legitimate reason that you believe or why others should believe. That's faith. To believe in the face of extreme doubt. So for you to then what Government policy to be dictated by your nonfactual faith is insane. You want the government to ignore science and common since because you have a gut feeling, that spits in the face of logic, and are unable to explain why your gut feeling trumps all other humans. I win.

Texas, USA

#5823 Mar 4, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
A good person is a good person. Belief systems show no evidence of swaying someone's moral mind set one way or another. A Priest will still be a pedophile, while an atheist can still be a savior. In effect good or bad can not be altered. There is no right way to believe, only a right way to behave. To claim any belief system "makes" good people is absurd. Especially considering all religions, including Christianity are responsible for billions of horrible genocides, it'd be hard to imagine making up for those acts.
If you are religious, you believe out of FAITH, not fact. There is no problem with that as long as you acknowledge that there is no legitimate reason that you believe or why others should believe. That's faith. To believe in the face of extreme doubt. So for you to then what Government policy to be dictated by your nonfactual faith is insane. You want the government to ignore science and common since because you have a gut feeling, that spits in the face of logic, and are unable to explain why your gut feeling trumps all other humans. I win.
Jesus!!! You're back and trying to talk sense to your believers!

You should know better.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5824 Mar 4, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

Maybe you need a big quaff of God Swill Ministry!
No thanks. I can see what it's done for your brain.
No need for you to cut back though, the damage is done.

Texas, USA

#5825 Mar 4, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I can see what it's done for your brain.
No need for you to cut back though, the damage is done.
My brain is fine and living in Costa Rica.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5826 Mar 4, 2014
Hmmmm nice how you conveniently leave out all the godless regimes that killed thousands upon thousands. People are people and there are idiots that do things in the name of God and in the name of the godless. Using that as an example shows how really bias and close minded you really are. Not to mention crazy

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5827 Mar 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Hmmmm nice how you conveniently leave out all the godless regimes that killed thousands upon thousands.
Did these alleged regimes kill because of godlessness?

Or did they kill because of power?

The fact is, more people have been killed in the name of some stupid god than any other thing on earth-- even today.

This is why belief in gods is dangerously insane.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5828 Mar 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Not to mention crazy
Crazy is correct-- anyone who believes in a magical sky-fairy *is* crazy.

That would be you-- one of the most crazy of them all.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5831 Mar 4, 2014
bob you believe this universe and mankind came as a complete accident and arose from nothing. Care to tell me how thats not a fairytale?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5832 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Go make me some pancakes!!!
You make demands like a typical godbot-- you expect magical wish-fulfillment.

Classic: you pray instead of actually **doing** something useful.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5833 Mar 4, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You think your belief is better, that's a joke. Talking about fairytales...
I have no belief, godbot.

But you think I do believe-- what, exactly?

I'll repeat:**what** do I believe,**exactly**?

I'd be most curious to know.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5834 Mar 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
bob you believe this universe and mankind came as a complete accident and arose from nothing. Care to tell me how thats not a fairytale?

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5835 Mar 4, 2014
bob quit deflecting. We both know you can't answer the question which is pretty funny. Take responsibility for your crazy ideas for once.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5836 Mar 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
bob quit deflecting. We both know you can't answer the question which is pretty funny. Take responsibility for your crazy ideas for once.
I'll repeat, since you appear to be quite dimwitted (no doubt from too much faith)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5837 Mar 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Only you idiot-godbots claim the universe came from nothing.

No scientist claims this; the big bang says it started from a singularity (which is not nothing).

As for me? I do not know.

Moreover? Evolution is not accidental-- it's a directed process. The environment gives the direction. There is some random elements in the process, but it's quite directed.

For you to claim "accident" proves you are 100% ignorant on the subject of both evolution **AND** of cosmology.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5838 Mar 4, 2014
How did evolution begin Bob. How did something get here in the first place to evolve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 93,406
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 5 hr blacklagoon 3 89
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 9 hr superwilly 6,056
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11