'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5796 Mar 2, 2014
Pete repeat
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5797 Mar 2, 2014
pot and kettle

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5798 Mar 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
there is no such thing as a "scientific atheist" because atheism is extremely irrational and very unscientific. Do I need to go through the long list of items science has been wrong about. Piltdown ring a bell?
#1 you are entirely unaquainted with anything relating to science, or scientific discoveries. So you could not compile a list, if your very life depended on it.

#2 **science** is what corrects science's mistakes. Never, ever in the history of the planet, has **religion** corrected **science** on anything. Ever.

Whereas **science** has shown **religion** to be wrong on pretty much every single point it claims...

#3 religion and religious faith is an example of a mental disease-- wherein all information from the 5 senses, are discarded and ignored, in favor if imaginary dogma and bullsh7t.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5799 Mar 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Ken Ham? Ha...did I mention Ken Ham? No..you did. YOU are the one obsessed not me.
Hen Ham is your new god.

That much is obvious.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5800 Mar 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
How many times is "science" going to self correct?
As often as needed, until the answer is correct.

Take evolution-- it has **not** been corrected in nearly 100 years.

Much new **details**, sure-- but the basic theory? The same.

Contrast with **religion** which has to literally THROW AWAY crap, as it is discovered this religious belief is actually bullshyt.

Take the flat earth-- your church **murdered** anyone who dared to claim otherwise-- for 1000's of years.

Now that we know better? Your religion has had to THROW AWAY a cherished belief.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5801 Mar 2, 2014
There: I fixed your post to be more accurate:
antiatheist wrote:
Theists doesn't know squat. We believers have ignored studies of the human brain for centuries and as such, we still don't really understand it. True Believers™ know very, very little yet we all act so arrogant. Point is, I don't know enough to say there is a God. I am irrelevant.
You are welcome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5802 Mar 2, 2014
bob how immature can you possibly be. Have you gotten help for your mental illness yet?

Location hidden

#5804 Mar 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
pot and kettle
At least you can admit that you are no different from the people that you complain so much about.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5805 Mar 3, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Furthermore, it's fairly well documented that 1% of the World's population hold most of the cards, the other 99%... not so much.

I see us all possessing roughly the same potential.
For a self-proclaimed philosopher you're amazingly shallow.
If we were all created equal there'd be a lot more Noble
prizes for blacks, indians, polynesians, and arabs.

Plainly some of the world's races are better.

Drink another Texas beer, and mull it over.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#5806 Mar 3, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another possible explanation. The Nobel committee members are overwhelmingly Swedish with a smattering of Norwegians, Swiss, Germans, Austrians, and other ares of the world. It's hard for them to evaluate works not written in English or other European languages. Moreover, some areas lack the resources to train scientists and scholars to the level expected of Nobel laureates. To infer that "some of the world's races are better" ignores these factors.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5807 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
sorry iseeyou but Christians aren't the ones obsessing over atheists. We have no anti atheists campaigns and I very rarely ever hear you mentioned in church. However, when you guys get together God and Christians are your main topics.
You really arent so blind to see that you are seeking out atheists to tell them that you arent seeking out atheists are you?

you spend more time on an atheist forum than any atheist. you spend that time telling them how"little" you think about them.

Do you not see that you have just said
"we dont have any anti atheist canpaigns" YOUR NAME IS ANTIATHEIST

amazing.

Knoxville, TN

#5808 Mar 3, 2014
It's funny, though. As long as the subject doesn't come up, believers are just like anyone else with talk of music and shopping and local news and family and such. But the minute one finds out I'm a believer, they have to tell stories about what God has done in their lives, and the message is clear: My nonbelief threatens their belief so fundamentally that it must be countered, not to convince me--they are smart enough to know that's not going to happen--but to bolster their own faith lest it falter. Knowing this, I listen patiently, nod and smile in all the right places until all is right with their world again. This has happened more times than I've bothered to count.

Knoxville, TN

#5809 Mar 3, 2014
uh... "the minute one finds out I'm NOT a believer," that is...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5810 Mar 3, 2014
I'm not talking about a stupid atheist forum iseeyou. This topic wouldn't even exists if it weren't for atheists obsessing about God and Christians.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5811 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I'm not talking about a stupid atheist forum iseeyou. This topic wouldn't even exists if it weren't for atheists obsessing about God and Christians.
What exactly do you consider obsession? I think you just like using that word.

When we make ONE post you call us obsessed.

Yet, for you spend THE ENTIRE DAY on here and on to the wee hours of the morning,weekends, holidays and even Sundays you dont consider that to be an obsession. Maybe you see it the way I do.

When I see how much you post and what times you post, I don't consider you to be "obsessed" I consider you to be lonely.

Location hidden

#5812 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Lol...I understand that this is how it works in your head.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5813 Mar 3, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the meaning of "potential". Mull it over and get back to me.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5814 Mar 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
bob how immature can you possibly be. Have you gotten help for your mental illness yet?
You don't like an accurate portrayal of your bullshyt?

LMAO!

Too bad, godbot.... too bad.

The TRUTH must really HURT, then.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5815 Mar 3, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
It's funny, though. As long as the subject doesn't come up, believers are just like anyone else with talk of music and shopping and local news and family and such. But the minute one finds out I'm a believer, they have to tell stories about what God has done in their lives, and the message is clear: My nonbelief threatens their belief so fundamentally that it must be countered, not to convince me--they are smart enough to know that's not going to happen--but to bolster their own faith lest it falter. Knowing this, I listen patiently, nod and smile in all the right places until all is right with their world again. This has happened more times than I've bothered to count.
Indeed.

They are desperate to convince **themselves** most of all-- for deep down, they are all atheists too--(those pesky doubts that all humans have).

I find it amusing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5816 Mar 3, 2014
there is life outside of this msg board. I can give you example after example of atheists groups obsessing over God and Christians. Their whole existence revolves around it. The very title of this topic has the word "God" in it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 67,352
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 min yehoshooah adam 3,544
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr River Tam 28,683
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web