'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5752 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
no..........the evidence to show how the universe existed from nothing and how it could possible evolve into the perfect system that we have now. Atheists never can provide any logical explanations as to how that possibly could have happened. Apparently you aren't able to come up with anything either. Surprise surprise

Texas, USA

#5753 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Another atheist crybaby. Man screwed up the world gramps, not God. I'm sure you must know I was speaking of the perfection of our universe...not mankind.
Please explain in what way you think the Universe is "perfect".
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5754 Feb 27, 2014
Hey I gotta give you credit for actually coming up with something which is more than any of these others guy have been able to do. I didn't watch much of the video but Im pretty sure the guy giving the speech is an atheist. I could find videos of creationists giving the same type of speech with equally impressive evidence.

When I say "perfect" universe I'm talking about how the planets rotate, the distance from the sun, the moon, etc etc. It all works like a well tuned machine. To say that we, the universe, etc. came about as a complete accident and evolved from nothing is just way too hard for me to believe. As I've said before, the odds of that happening are too great against it. Its honestly hard to understand how anyone could actually think that could actually happen.

Basically I'm never going to convince you and you are never going to convince me which is fine. Every man has to live his own life and answer for himself. If you are comfortable with your position then thats your business. I just happen to disagree.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Texas, USA

#5756 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Hey I gotta give you credit for actually coming up with something which is more than any of these others guy have been able to do. I didn't watch much of the video but Im pretty sure the guy giving the speech is an atheist. I could find videos of creationists giving the same type of speech with equally impressive evidence.
When I say "perfect" universe I'm talking about how the planets rotate, the distance from the sun, the moon, etc etc. It all works like a well tuned machine. To say that we, the universe, etc. came about as a complete accident and evolved from nothing is just way too hard for me to believe. As I've said before, the odds of that happening are too great against it. Its honestly hard to understand how anyone could actually think that could actually happen.
Basically I'm never going to convince you and you are never going to convince me which is fine. Every man has to live his own life and answer for himself. If you are comfortable with your position then thats your business. I just happen to disagree.
Nope. Basically, I need to directly observe or otherwise experience some kind of manifestation of the Supernatural and you need to toss away your Heavenly Security Blanket and appreciate Reality as it actually exists. Ain't gonna happen.

I do not take this position because it makes me "comfortable". Quite the contrary. This statement of yours harkens back to the #1 Evidence for Creator Beings I listed earlier. It makes you "comfortable".

Texas, USA

#5757 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
BTW ... what do you think about all the cratering? You know, all the pock-marked worlds out there that look like they've been through Hell. God throwing temper tantrums? Target practice, perhaps, for his next big extinction event? Maybe a little CHAOS leaking into your fine-tuned, "perfect", clock-work Universe?

Hey! Maybe all these planets did condense together and experience periods of heavy bombardment like those whacko Astronomers suggest!?!? Nah. If they're right about that, they might be right about a lot of other stuff and that makes me feel uncomfortable.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5758 Feb 28, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a battle over worldviews and starting points. I admit,
my starting point is that God is the ultimate authority.
Good for you. Now spend a lot of time looking for him.
I suggest serious solitude and meditation.
And nice quiet mountain top or a remote monastery.

That's usually keeps types like you out of trouble.

Texas, USA

#5759 Feb 28, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you suggest a good hallucinogen that doesn't cause unsightly wrinkles?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5760 Feb 28, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! You completeley missed the point but your very entertaining. I will keep your advice in mind the next time I'm on a mountain top. Does it have to be all the way at the top or will the first summit i come to work? Why can't God meet me on a beach? Its a lot less climbing and much better weather.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5761 Feb 28, 2014
oh hill you are reverting back to your hateful, obsessive atheists ways again. See, its no wonder most people find atheists very annoying. You try and tell them to go ahead and not believe in God and they just don't seem happy unless they attempt to belittle Christians. Typical bullies I guess....talking down to others to overcompensate for their inferiorities.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX

#5762 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh hill you are reverting back to your hateful, obsessive atheists ways again. See, its no wonder most people find atheists very annoying. You try and tell them to go ahead and not believe in God and they just don't seem happy unless they attempt to belittle Christians. Typical bullies I guess....talking down to others to overcompensate for their inferiorities.
Thats some damn good irony that your missing.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5764 Feb 28, 2014
spoken like a true atheist crybaby. The big, bad Christians still hurting your poor little feelings?

Texas, USA

#5765 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
spoken like a true atheist crybaby. The big, bad Christians still hurting your poor little feelings?

Hey ... I'm in it for the SPECIES Pal! You guys are a major embarrassment and probably why we keep getting passed over for inclusion in the Galactic League of Sentient Beings!!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5766 Feb 28, 2014
well what most of you angry, delusional atheists don't understand is that you are a fringe group and a vast minority for good reason.

Texas, USA

#5768 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
well what most of you angry, delusional atheists don't understand is that you are a fringe group and a vast minority for good reason.
And what reason might that be? Are you really sure it's a "good" reason? I think it's because the vast majority live in misery, ignorance and superstition as that is what suits their Master's.

And please explain how you can have a "vast minority". I think there's a term for that, but I don't think you'd like it.

Dallas, TX

#5769 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
The lowest stats I have found puts us at about ten million people in this country alone and growing everyday. Ten million a fringe group? Of course we have this conversation every few days Anti.
your usual rhetoric;
"Were angry"
"Were hateful"
"Were attacking Christians"
"We wont let Christians live their lives"
"Blah, blah,blah,blah freakin blah"

Not an ounce of truth to any of it.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5770 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Your name should be Pete Repeat
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5771 Feb 28, 2014
rhill thinks billions of people live in ignorance. That pretty much sums up an atheist.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5772 Feb 28, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

Can you suggest a good hallucinogen that doesn't
cause unsightly wrinkles?
I'm living the successful dream life.
Hallucinogens are for failures.

Hope you find what you need.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5773 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
rhill thinks billions of people live in ignorance. That pretty much sums up an atheist.
Hi Pete Repeat :)

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#5774 Feb 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
no..........the evidence to show how the universe existed from nothing and how it could possible evolve into the perfect system that we have now. Atheists never can provide any logical explanations as to how that possibly could have happened. Apparently you aren't able to come up with anything either. Surprise surprise
And you can? Your belief system states that the universe can from nothingness, out of a complete void. Do you have viable evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Eagle 12 28,570
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 min yehoshooah adam 3,516
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 67,030
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 12 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 12 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web