'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5731 Feb 26, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you see there hill, you start rambling on and on until you finally revert back to the typical name calling that practically every angry atheist spews out their vile mouths on practically a daily basis. I'm glad God has given me the truth so I can't stand on that rock regardless of what the next new "scientific" theory comes down the pike. The more science finds the more it supports creation.
I assume you think there is no God yet you freely admit science is always changing and finding out information. Science knows very little. We don't really even know how the human body works or how to cure a common cold. We knows practically nothing compared to all there is to know. With all that being said, its impossible for any honest person to say there is no God. Unfortunately, most atheists aren't honest. They are only concerned with being right and removing God from public.
Being right isn't important to you? Science "knows" goo-gobs of stuff, from the infinitesimally tiny to the gigantic humongous ... just about all of it is accessible. Not much shows up in the funny papers. Seek and you shall find.

Common Cold? Stay in bed, take 2 aspirin, drink plenty of fluids ... wait. POOF !!! You're cured! Why reinvent the wheel?

The Human Body "works" for 60-120 years then falls apart and you're gone. Great design huh? Some kind of joke or just monstrous cruelty? Same thing happens to all your Creator's other creations, so it sure ain't favoritism. Maybe it's something else. Some underlying mechanism unrelated to Supreme Beings! Let's find out.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5732 Feb 26, 2014
Science doesn't know squat. We have studied the human brain for centuries and still don't really understand it. Mankind knows very, very little yet some act so arrogant. Point is, you don't know enough to say there is no God. You are irrelevant.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5733 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you see there hill, you start rambling on and on until you finally revert back to the typical name calling that practically every angry atheist spews out their vile mouths on practically a daily basis. I'm glad God has given me the truth so I can't stand on that rock regardless of what the next new "scientific" theory comes down the pike. The more science finds the more it supports creation.

I assume you think there is no God yet you freely admit science is always changing and finding out information. Science knows very little. We don't really even know how the human body works or how to cure a common cold. We knows practically nothing compared to all there is to know. With all that being said, its impossible for any honest person to say there is no God. Unfortunately, most atheists aren't honest. They are only concerned with being right and removing God from public.
Wow...you really are delusional. Did your mommy really keep you locked away in a basement all these years lol. Even the most uneducated of people would argue with these statements lmao.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5734 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Science doesn't know squat. We have studied the human brain for centuries and still don't really understand it. Mankind knows very, very little yet some act so arrogant. Point is, you don't know enough to say there is no God. You are irrelevant.
Very interesting. I hope you never have a stroke, or an aneurism lol. God forbid you ever gets Alzheimer's or dementia. Your lord only knows how those things work. You should ask him to just take you on home right now, cause the scientists have no clue what they're doin lol

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5735 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Science doesn't know squat. We have studied the human brain for centuries and still don't really understand it. Mankind knows very, very little yet some act so arrogant. Point is, you don't know enough to say there is no God. You are irrelevant.
Irrelevant? I can go along with that. Arrogant? I don't think so. Arrogance comes from the belief that you are nestled in the protective arms of the Universe's only super-being. From that lofty perch you think you can judge, condemn and wreak havoc with impunity. Science shows how incredibly fragile and "special" even the least of evolutions creatures actually are. It shows that despite an apparent multiplicity of worlds, we are strangely and achingly alone. It shows that life on Earth has been 'reset' any number of times and that our pitiful little civilization merely exists between episodes.

Science is, literally, our only hope.4476

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5736 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Science doesn't know squat. We have studied the human brain for centuries and still don't really understand it. Mankind knows very, very little yet some act so arrogant. Point is, you don't know enough to say there is no God. You are irrelevant.
Come on, thats not even something a real person would say. Science doesn't know squat?

YOUR ON A COMPUTER ON THE INTERNET

both of which are products of science.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5737 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Science doesn't know squat. We have studied the human brain for centuries and still don't really understand it. Mankind knows very, very little yet some act so arrogant. Point is, you don't know enough to say there is no God. You are irrelevant.
And furthermore, we are starting to understand the Brain pretty dang good. What we've learned had to wait on the invention of certain technologies (CAT scans and such). A fuller understanding will come upon the arrival of technology only now being conceived. Give it time.

You seem to "know enough" to state emphatically that "there is a God". Let's go over your evidence again:

1. Makes you feel good.

That's about it isn't it?

You are not only irrelevant, but actively hostile to the only process that can save Humanity. I'd be ashamed.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5738 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Ken Ham? Ha...did I mention Ken Ham? No..you did. YOU are the one obsessed not me.
How many times is "science" going to self correct? I mean really, true science has been hijacked by the likes of Richard Dawkins and a few others. How many scientific hoaxes have been revealed throughout the years. There have been a lot. Your belief system is just that........a belief and nothing more. Atheism is just dumb.
You constantly quote Ken Ham and A.I.G., your only other source that you have sited is Wikipedia.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5739 Feb 27, 2014
see the problem Angel has is she hates Christians. She or he is only interested in her ideas, not the truth.

rhill.........do you honestly think Christians believe in God only because it makes us "feel good"? Very disrespectful thing to say about billions of people. Many of whom are way more intelligent that you. It only shows how close minded you really are and that you are only interested in your views.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5740 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
see the problem Angel has is she hates Christians. She or he is only interested in her ideas, not the truth.
rhill.........do you honestly think Christians believe in God only because it makes us "feel good"? Very disrespectful thing to say about billions of people. Many of whom are way more intelligent that you. It only shows how close minded you really are and that you are only interested in your views.
I ain't the brightest bulb on the string ... no doubt. But honestly ... what else you got? Stories? Anecdotes? A piece of stained cloth and bits of old wood? There's got to be more than that to convince a Skeptic.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5741 Feb 27, 2014
we all have the same evidence hill. Its not like there is some great discovery that creationists have and evolutionists don't. Its the interpretation of the evidence that is key and from what I've read the most logical conclusion is this ole universe was created. To not believe that you would have to accept that things popped up out of nothing without any help. That makes sense to you? When was the last time something just poofed up out of thin air and then somehow miraculously developed into a perfect system? Thats the biggest fairy tale a person could ever believe in because there is absolutely no way that could ever happen. No evolutionists can ever explain that to me. That are just content to take that huge leap of faith and never defend it. Instead, they attack creationism and ask for the same evidence that they themselves can't provide.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5742 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
we all have the same evidence hill. Its not like there is some great discovery that creationists have and evolutionists don't. Its the interpretation of the evidence that is key and from what I've read the most logical conclusion is this ole universe was created. To not believe that you would have to accept that things popped up out of nothing without any help. That makes sense to you? When was the last time something just poofed up out of thin air and then somehow miraculously developed into a perfect system? Thats the biggest fairy tale a person could ever believe in because there is absolutely no way that could ever happen. No evolutionists can ever explain that to me. That are just content to take that huge leap of faith and never defend it. Instead, they attack creationism and ask for the same evidence that they themselves can't provide.
Ken Ham: Creationists and evolutionists all have the same evidence. Bill Nye and I have the same Grand Canyon, we have the same fish fossils, the same dinosaurs, the same humans, the same DNA, the same universe. ItÂ’s not the evidences that are different. It is a battle over the evidence in regard to how we interpret the past. It is a battle over worldviews and starting points. I admit, my starting point is that God is the ultimate authority.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5743 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
we all have the same evidence hill. Its not like there is some great discovery that creationists have and evolutionists don't. Its the interpretation of the evidence that is key and from what I've read the most logical conclusion is this ole universe was created. To not believe that you would have to accept that things popped up out of nothing without any help. That makes sense to you? When was the last time something just poofed up out of thin air and then somehow miraculously developed into a perfect system? Thats the biggest fairy tale a person could ever believe in because there is absolutely no way that could ever happen. No evolutionists can ever explain that to me. That are just content to take that huge leap of faith and never defend it. Instead, they attack creationism and ask for the same evidence that they themselves can't provide.
It takes an afternoon if light reading to become a staunch Creationist, a lifetime of hard work and study to understand what a physicist calls "nothing". Think I'll stick with the physicists. Albert Einstein established the equivalency of Matter and Energy in his famous formula. I believe he WAS one of the "brightest bulbs on the string". Your Ham fellow is a dimwitted flim-flam man. Bill Nye the Science Guy ate his lunch. You should mind who you associate with.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5744 Feb 27, 2014
ya and so what? Is this incorrect? Would you like to share with me this ground breaking evidence that you supposedly have discovered that the rest of us don't know about?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5745 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
see the problem Angel has is she hates Christians. She or he is only interested in her ideas, not the truth.
rhill.........do you honestly think Christians believe in God only because it makes us "feel good"? Very disrespectful thing to say about billions of people. Many of whom are way more intelligent that you. It only shows how close minded you really are and that you are only interested in your views.


Sorry. Reality is not respectful of people's feelings!! You've offered nothing in the way of additional evidence. Heck, you ain't even SUGGESTED a better term than "bots" to describe yourselves! Get on your game, man!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5746 Feb 27, 2014
Furthermore, the Scientific Method was developed to eliminate interpretational bias from the conclusions! Creationism was invented to give the poor basterds a place to live!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5747 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ya and so what? Is this incorrect? Would you like to share with me this ground breaking evidence that you supposedly have discovered that the rest of us don't know about?
Evidence of what? LOL ... that something doesn't exist? That the thing you say exists, doesn't?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5748 Feb 27, 2014
no............the evidence to show how the universe existed from nothing and how it could possible evolve into the perfect system that we have now. Atheists never can provide any logical explanations as to how that possibly could have happened. Apparently you aren't able to come up with anything either. Surprise surprise

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampa W

Chillicothe, OH

#5749 Feb 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
we all have the same evidence hill. Its not like there is some great discovery that creationists have and evolutionists don't. Its the interpretation of the evidence that is key and from what I've read the most logical conclusion is this ole universe was created. To not believe that you would have to accept that things popped up out of nothing without any help. That makes sense to you? When was the last time something just poofed up out of thin air and then somehow miraculously developed into a perfect system? Thats the biggest fairy tale a person could ever believe in because there is absolutely no way that could ever happen. No evolutionists can ever explain that to me. That are just content to take that huge leap of faith and never defend it. Instead, they attack creationism and ask for the same evidence that they themselves can't provide.
A perfect system you say? No it is not perfect because there are judgemental people in this world like you who want to order others to believe as you do, well, you are losing that battle. Where is your God and who made him? You can not answer can you because there is no answer anywhere in your book so you ignore that question.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5751 Feb 27, 2014
Another atheist crybaby. Man screwed up the world gramps, not God. I'm sure you must know I was speaking of the perfection of our universe...not mankind.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Samuel Patre 94,168
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism 13 hr Guest 6
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) Sun blacklagoon 3 138
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971