'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5676 Feb 24, 2014
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time

Judged:

14

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5677 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time
Lol... I get a chuckle, cause you still think its an insult to place me in a minority. Lmao. If I wanted to be a part of your pompous majority, them we wouldn't disagree now would we lol.
I've told you before. I don't hate religion, I hate the arrogance that comes from it. You can talk to whoever you want to in your head, or publicly pray to whoever you want to. It's not gonna affect me at all. But when you start plastering a religion on money as though you are the only religion that exists..... Now that's what I call hypocritical lol!!!! Of course history already shows what happens to countries taken over by religion.... It's to be expected here as well. Our forefathers tried, but unfortunately were ignored.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5678 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time
I also get a chuckle when you think that you are more original in your speech than any of your god fearing friends lol
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5679 Feb 24, 2014
you get offended by looking at our money with God on it? Ha you are way too sensitive. Toughen up and move on with your life. 90% aren't going to change just because of a few. Deal with it

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5680 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time
I do not hate you, nor do I hate religion, per say.

I do abhor the abuse that religion heaps onto people every day.

Your sad and pathetic life is a fine example of such abuse-- you literally reek of your unending hate for anyone different than you.

It's kinda sad, really-- your hate, that is.

As for non-belief being a minority?

Well.... that's not true.

You see, whenever you split Genuine Christianity™ into all it's ugly little in-fighting groups?

They quickly become the minority.

Same goes for the equally ugly Genuine Islam™-- split it into it's ugly little in-fighting groups?

Again-- minority.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5681 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time
But the **funniest** thing of all?

Is ...**YOU***....!

You have admitted that you are too much of a hateful wretch, to get along with any **formalized** Genuine Christian™ group-- you say you don't belong.

Which is one of the saddest things imaginable-- you are such a pathetic loser, that you cannot get along with **any** of the local Genuine Christian™ groups--- likely they all kicked you out.

That **is** sad.

I'd bet that there was at leas 12 or 14 **different** Genuine Christian Brands™ within driving distance of your basement.

But you cannot get along with ...**any**....!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5682 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you get offended by looking at our money with God on it? Ha you are way too sensitive. Toughen up and move on with your life. 90% aren't going to change just because of a few. Deal with it
Nope. I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Because the US Supreme Court has declared that is just a non-religious motto!

Meaning?

The "under god" IS NOT YOUR GOD!

LMAO!

It's a meaningless motto-"god"...!!

LMAO!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5683 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you get offended by looking at our money with God on it? Ha you are way too sensitive. Toughen up and move on with your life. 90% aren't going to change just because of a few. Deal with it
Lol... If you were able to read, you wouldn't be saying again, that I get offended. It doesn't offend me, I just think its ridiculously arrogant, and quite expected from such a large religious group. I'll tell you what offends me. What offends me is that you pretend to want to follow scriptures from your bible because its your religion, but you ignore things written by the forefathers of the country, some of which shared the same religion with you, just because you want to see your religion gloriously displayed everywhere to show dominance and majority rule. It's really to be expected, like I said. Many other countries are religiously dominated. It's just sad that we will never carry out what our forefathers had wished for our country.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5684 Feb 24, 2014
once again you are showing why you are a fringe group. If I were you I'd stop wasting your precious time on something thats not going to happen. If all things relating to God were taken out of government, schools, etc. would you finally be happy? Would you feel like you really accomplished something? Give me a break

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5685 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
once again you are showing why you are a fringe group. If I were you I'd stop wasting your precious time on something thats not going to happen. If all things relating to God were taken out of government, schools, etc. would you finally be happy? Would you feel like you really accomplished something? Give me a break
All things related to god being real **will** be removed from all but the most inept private abuse-institutions.(religious facilities do not deserve the title "school")

It's only a matter of time.

Of course-- abnormal psychology class will still speak of the god delusion, as a form of insanity.

As will history-- you cannot teach history without telling the horrid atrocities that god-belief is responsible for.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5687 Feb 24, 2014
bob you are wacko. Face it and try to get yourself some much needed help. If its even possible at this point.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5688 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Do you not realize your quest to remove God makes you look completely desperate? The vast majority of people have no problem with it at all.
Quest? Completely desperate? I think not. You are assigning far more weight to the matter than I would. My major "quest" is making it to payday! All other priorities rescinded. Pretty much like the vast majority of people you mention. Were it not for Topix my 'feelings' on the matter would probably never be known. Besides, I'm confident that eventually, Humanity will freely and completely abandon such notions as trusting in imaginary Sky Fairies.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5689 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
once again you are showing why you are a fringe group. If I were you I'd stop wasting your precious time on something thats not going to happen. If all things relating to God were taken out of government, schools, etc. would you finally be happy? Would you feel like you really accomplished something? Give me a break
I'm perfectly happy now, but if all things relating to god were taken out of the government, yes, I would be much happier and so would many many many other people in my "fringe" group and outside of my "fringe" group. It not being there in the first place was the actual intention of the people. It wouldn't be an accomplishment...it would be putting it back the way it belongs. Of course I know you don't like that, cause you wanna be the boss man don't ya. You have a goal to accomplish, not me.

You just wait. The people under your god are already starting to fight with the people under every other god found in every other religion allowed here in good ole America. Just wait and see what happens. We'll see which one of all your gods "win" to be named the "best". Would you finally be happy then? Would you really feel like you had accomplished something?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5690 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you get offended by looking at our money with God on it? Ha you are way too sensitive. Toughen up and move on with your life. 90% aren't going to change just because of a few. Deal with it
Wrong-O Buckaroo! "In God we Trust" could disappear from our money tomorrow and I probably wouldn't notice ... till you bots started wailing and gnashing your teeth. Y'all should wise up and say "Wow, separation of Church and State is a good thing, I mean, look at all those Sharia Law Muslim countries where no such separation exists! Let's not go there!"

But you won't.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5691 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
once again you are showing why you are a fringe group. If I were you I'd stop wasting your precious time on something thats not going to happen. If all things relating to God were taken out of government, schools, etc. would you finally be happy? Would you feel like you really accomplished something? Give me a break
Nope. We don't want to wrench your religion from your cold, dead fingers. We want it to fade away like Pet Rocks or Neru Jackets or Disco.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5692 Feb 24, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong-O Buckaroo! "In God we Trust" could disappear from our money tomorrow and I probably wouldn't notice ... till you bots started wailing and gnashing your teeth. Y'all should wise up and say "Wow, separation of Church and State is a good thing, I mean, look at all those Sharia Law Muslim countries where no such separation exists! Let's not go there!"

But you won't.
I think the closest they got to all that was probably in the 50's. I'm so glad it's not that way here.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5693 Feb 24, 2014
you make no sense. The In God We Trust wouldn't disappear unless people like YOU obsessed over it so much. Again, you are a fringe group at best. Do you honestly think 95% of the world is wrong and you are right? Wait, of course you do. Thats what makes you crazy I guess.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5694 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you make no sense. The In God We Trust wouldn't disappear unless people like YOU obsessed over it so much. Again, you are a fringe group at best. Do you honestly think 95% of the world is wrong and you are right? Wait, of course you do. Thats what makes you crazy I guess.
You are so deluded. It's amazing.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5695 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha thanks for the chuckle. You sound like every other angry, bitter atheists I've ever talked to. You hate religion and it just chaps your hide that anyone would believe in God. Well I've got news for ya...you are a vast minority for a reason. Deal with it and stop wasting your time
oh look a angry theist is projecting

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#5696 Feb 24, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why 3 outta 4 new exploratory wells fail.
Not bad for educated guesses.
Random drilling might be more productive.
Ignornous is widely spoken n Okieland.
It makes a lot of sense that you would think that.

Geologists look for clues to determine where the best possibility of finding oil, coal, diamonds ect, will be. Wildcat drilling had a success rate of less then 10%. But with better technology that rate alone went above 50%. Even then of course the VIABILITY of the location is in question, and thats more over what your talking about.

This is an interesting article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploration_geop...

Sorry but the Beverly hillbilly method just isnt acceptable and productive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 min Eman 22,426
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr number four 227,880
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 2 hr Patrick 4,512
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr John K 493
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 3 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 4
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 4 hr Patrick 141
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••