'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5649 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Oh its much more than a lack of belief. Its a militant and angry belief system. You go out of your way to poke fun of believers and put up ridiculous billboards during Christmas time. Its just plain weird
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5650 Feb 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So the people you "respect" offend you? You're not making much sense.
Anti never makes much sense
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5651 Feb 23, 2014
let me dumb it down for you iseeyou. You and other atheists don't really deserve much respect. Your opinions don't matter to me. You are incapable of offending me. Comprende?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#5652 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Oh its much more than a lack of belief. Its a militant and angry belief system. You go out of your way to poke fun of believers and put up ridiculous billboards during Christmas time. Its just plain weird
Your PISSED at Thor??!!! What did he ever do to you??

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#5653 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
let me dumb it down for you iseeyou. You and other atheists don't really deserve much respect. Your opinions don't matter to me. You are incapable of offending me. Comprende?
Calm down jeeeeez. Someone needs a nap.
Agnostic

United States

#5654 Feb 23, 2014
I like to sleep around.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5655 Feb 23, 2014
I just wonder what atheists do when Christmas is over. Do they congregate for the latest Bill Nye debate maybe? Weekly atheist get togethers planning for the holiday season and how they are going to boycott the next business that says "Christmas" ?
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5656 Feb 24, 2014
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>

Oil companies are heavily dependent on geologists and their findings.

Not to bad for people fluent in the Igneous and or Sedimentary and or Metamorphic rock dialect.
Yes, that's why 3 outta 4 new exploratory wells fail.
Not bad for educated guesses.

Random drilling might be more productive.
Ignornous is widely spoken n Okieland.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5657 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I just wonder what atheists do when Christmas is over. Do they congregate for the latest Bill Nye debate maybe? Weekly atheist get togethers planning for the holiday season and how they are going to boycott the next business that says "Christmas" ?
What do Christians do when they're done celebrating the Pagan holiday known as Christmas?

Self flagellation?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5658 Feb 24, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
RHill, this post is one of the most honest I've read on this thread. I don't hold it against people if they are none believers or believers we each have to figure that on our own. Just don't come to my home and tell me what I should believe, that I will go to hell if I don't conformed to your personal idea of a 'saved' person. Jehovah Witnesses are the worst in my experience. I told one woman who refused to leave me alone. Finally I just told her to haul her ass off my property and don't come back!
Honesty is the best policy! Maybe though you've hit upon something. Maybe our cyber-discussions get a little heated because at some level we feel as if these conflicting opinions are being presented to us in our 'cyber-home' territory. The Atheism Forum is sort of our cyber-home and the various bots who wander by, sort of cyber-doorbell ringing Jehovah Witnesses.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5659 Feb 24, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why 3 outta 4 new exploratory wells fail.
Not bad for educated guesses.
Random drilling might be more productive.
Ignornous is widely spoken n Okieland.
There are actually four scientific steps before drilling an exploratory well:

1. Geological assay.
2. Wide area (2D) Seismic Survey.
3. High Resolution (3D) Seismic Survey.
4. Throwing darts at map of prospect area.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5660 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I just wonder what atheists do when Christmas is over. Do they congregate for the latest Bill Nye debate maybe? Weekly atheist get togethers planning for the holiday season and how they are going to boycott the next business that says "Christmas" ?
You seem to be under the false impression that Atheists need constant reaffirmation of our 'beliefs' in the same manner as you 'bots. Not so. The central fact of Atheism is so self evident, we don't need weekly meetings, prayer sessions, sing-a-longs, designated holidays, Charlie Brown TV Specials or Atheist gift wrap. Y'all have all that and still can't keep up.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5661 Feb 24, 2014
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "bot" isnt reserved for believers. Its for the people who have gone of the deep end of their religious belief. Anything that goes against their literal interpretation of their holy book must be denied and slandered at all cost. And all lies and deception on their part is COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE.
MOST believers DONT fall into this category thank god lol
I dunno. By the time they make their way to an Atheism Forum on the Internet to sell their snake oil they've pretty much passed the Bot Test.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5662 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
let me dumb it down for you iseeyou. You and other atheists don't really deserve much respect. Your opinions don't matter to me. You are incapable of offending me. Comprende?
Lol... Let me dumb it down for you... You are not important enough for me to care if you respect me or not darlin ;-), and I don't care if you get offended by anything said by me or anyone else lol. Comprende???
Agnostic

United States

#5663 Feb 24, 2014
All Christians ae full of lies, hate and deceit! Obama is the way the light, ObamaCare is here to stay so get used to it neo-cons.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5664 Feb 24, 2014
You don't need weekly meetings? Well you might ought to tell you fellow atheists this because they gather every month for their little atheist meetings. That also have get togethers to watch atheist/Christian debates. There are even national atheist conventions where I assume they spend all day talking about how they don't believe in God. Pretty funny
Beau

United States

#5665 Feb 24, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Honesty is the best policy! Maybe though you've hit upon something. Maybe our cyber-discussions get a little heated because at some level we feel as if these conflicting opinions are being presented to us in our 'cyber-home' territory. The Atheism Forum is sort of our cyber-home and the various bots who wander by, sort of cyber-doorbell ringing Jehovah Witnesses.
We have a mutual accord on honesty! I just think people get all worked up over something they shouldn't get all worked up over. If you believe good I glad you found something that enriches you life in some way. If you don't believe good I'm glad you have made a decision you can live with....whatever either way peace and happiness to all. I'm not going to fight a war over atheism or religion isn't going to happen I'd rather be fishing! Speaking of fishing I wonder if they are biting today, lol....

Peace be with you brother!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5666 Feb 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You don't need weekly meetings? Well you might ought to tell you fellow atheists this because they gather every month for their little atheist meetings. That also have get togethers to watch atheist/Christian debates. There are even national atheist conventions where I assume they spend all day talking about how they don't believe in God. Pretty funny
It's clear Reason alone cannot prevail against people who will not or can not re-evaluate their programming. We must form ourselves into groups visible to policy makers. This is not something the majority of Atheists want to waste their time on.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5667 Feb 24, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a mutual accord on honesty! I just think people get all worked up over something they shouldn't get all worked up over. If you believe good I glad you found something that enriches you life in some way. If you don't believe good I'm glad you have made a decision you can live with....whatever either way peace and happiness to all. I'm not going to fight a war over atheism or religion isn't going to happen I'd rather be fishing! Speaking of fishing I wonder if they are biting today, lol....
Peace be with you brother!
If I could figure a way to fish from a smart-phone y'all would never be burdened with me again.

Live long and prosper!!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5668 Feb 24, 2014
oh so now you are admitting that you gather together on a regular basis? And just what policy are you referring to? Take God off our money and off all our monuments? lol what a joke

Judged:

12

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 41 min Paul Scott 30,198
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 47 min Paul Scott 70,280
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr AFry 14,735
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 12 hr John 70,630
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 12 hr Paul Scott 3,800
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 13 hr Eagle 12 87
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 hr Eagle 12 258,473
More from around the web