'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5629 Feb 22, 2014
calling believers "bots" is a great example of that hypocrisy I was talking about. Atheists are some of the biggest robots there ever has been. Most have been brainwashed beyond repair.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5630 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
calling believers "bots" is a great example of that hypocrisy I was talking about. Atheists are some of the biggest robots there ever has been. Most have been brainwashed beyond repair.
You're right-- calling these fools "bots" is highly insulting to robots.

This is because a **robot** can be programmed to actually produce useful work.

A mind-numbed goddite such as yourself, cannot.

A **robot** can be shown information which will change it's behavior.

A brain-dead Genuine Christian™ such as yourself, cannot be shown anything to change your mind.

So you are correct-- it's insulting to robots, to compare you people to these incredible and useful machines.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5631 Feb 22, 2014
Bob have you proven yourself to be intelligent yet? Didn't think so

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5632 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob have you proven yourself to be intelligent yet? Didn't think so
Absolutely I have!

I'm much-much smarter than ...**you**.. for example.

Of course, to the astute observer, that would be like proving I'm smarter than a rock, so I must ever strive to better myself.

By rejecting bullsh8t claims such as "god is real", I have made a most excellent beginning.

Which again, proves me much-much smarter than ... again... you.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agnostic

United States

#5633 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either both by priest then a minister the later told me I had a rebellious mind because I refused to believe everything that came out of his mouth as gospel instead of manipulations of the written word. I mean I can read and comprehend and what he was selling I wasn't buying left each others company 30 years ago never looked back.
All this talk about priest and god makes my panties wet...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5634 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either both by priest then a minister the later told me I had a rebellious mind because I refused to believe everything that came out of his mouth as gospel instead of manipulations of the written word. I mean I can read and comprehend and what he was selling I wasn't buying left each others company 30 years ago never looked back.
Yeah ... priests have never liked "rebellious minds" ... in an earlier age you may well have been burned at the stake!

Texas, USA

#5635 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Offer up an alternative descriptive word just as short and I'll consider using it. I can see where you might find it derogatory but since Atheists clearly hold a certain disdain for religion and it's practitioners I can see nothing hypocritical about it. Religious Folk act and react in largely predictable and repetitive patterns based upon their religious upbringing (programming)... just like robots. Of course, we all do that to some degree or another with Skeptics and Free Thinkers at least being aware they are doing it and trying to think outside the box.

Texas, USA

#5636 Feb 22, 2014
Robots

The race of Robots,
know no fear.

Can write with ink
and make no smear.

Live with care and
have been taught to ...

Do precisely what
they ought to!

<author unknown>
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5637 Feb 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
Pick up a rock. Any rock. You're holding a book containing a story that began billions of years ago and ends billions of years from now. We're just little transitory things to that rock, no more important or consequential than yesterday's rain or a puff of wind.

I envy the Geologist because they can read those books. What a power to stand on a landscape and know it's history! Almost god-like. Geologists are cool.
You're profound. And way too horny for geologists.
Has one of them been telling you he can read a rock,
and you believed him.

Don't let him tell you he can hear rocks talking too.
Don't do anything disgusting if he asks.

Texas, USA

#5638 Feb 23, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
and you believed him.
There ya go. Leave it to a bot to drag everything good or noble down into the feverish, swirling cesspool of their poorly repressed sexual fantasies. Poor old WarForOil, singing hymns while mentally undressing the Choir. You're Hellbound according to the rules of your own mythology! Well ... you won't be lonesome down there Mr WarForOil. Most of you favourite televangelists will be down there prostrate before Satan swapping pervert stories.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5639 Feb 23, 2014
rhill you are incapable of saying anything that I would find derogatory. I only get offended by people I respect.

Texas, USA

#5640 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
rhill you are incapable of saying anything that I would find derogatory. I only get offended by people I respect.
So the people you "respect" offend you? You're not making much sense.
Beau

United States

#5641 Feb 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Offer up an alternative descriptive word just as short and I'll consider using it. I can see where you might find it derogatory but since Atheists clearly hold a certain disdain for religion and it's practitioners I can see nothing hypocritical about it. Religious Folk act and react in largely predictable and repetitive patterns based upon their religious upbringing (programming)... just like robots. Of course, we all do that to some degree or another with Skeptics and Free Thinkers at least being aware they are doing it and trying to think outside the box.
RHill, this post is one of the most honest I've read on this thread. I don't hold it against people if they are none believers or believers we each have to figure that on our own. Just don't come to my home and tell me what I should believe, that I will go to hell if I don't conformed to your personal idea of a 'saved' person. Jehovah Witnesses are the worst in my experience. I told one woman who refused to leave me alone. Finally I just told her to haul her ass off my property and don't come back!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5642 Feb 23, 2014
Atheism is one of the strongest cults that I know of. Not only are they robots but they usually have a terrible attitude. Dawkins is a great example of an old, angry atheist. Sad really

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

#5643 Feb 23, 2014
Beau wrote:
Answers are hidden in the pages of the Bible....non-believers are nothing new been around as long as humanity.
You spelled Bhagavad Gita wrong

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

#5644 Feb 23, 2014
Beau wrote:
Books are funny things you actually have to open them to find what is contained inside ....
You should apply this same reasoning to your mind.........

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

#5645 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
The term "bot" isnt reserved for believers. Its for the people who have gone of the deep end of their religious belief. Anything that goes against their literal interpretation of their holy book must be denied and slandered at all cost. And all lies and deception on their part is COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE.

MOST believers DONT fall into this category thank god lol

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

#5646 Feb 23, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
and you believed him.
Your name is laughably ironic with your post lol.

Oil companies are heavily dependent on geologists and their findings. Along with precious metals, coal, gas and whole lot of others lol

Not to bad for people fluent in the Igneous and or Sedimentary and or Metamorphic rock dialect.

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

#5647 Feb 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Atheism is one of the strongest cults that I know of. Not only are they robots but they usually have a terrible attitude. Dawkins is a great example of an old, angry atheist. Sad really
Your lack of belief in Thor is a cult??
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5648 Feb 23, 2014
Oh its much more than a lack of belief. Its a militant and angry belief system. You go out of your way to poke fun of believers and put up ridiculous billboards during Christmas time. Its just plain weird

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Richardfs 52,437
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min Thinking 22,201
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 51 min Richardfs 535
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 24,924
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 5 hr Bob Zanotti 233
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 6 hr Passion of the Ma... 1,684
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Ian McFarland 11,462
More from around the web