'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5616 Feb 20, 2014
Like taking candy from a baby rhill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5617 Feb 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Like taking candy from a baby rhill.
Sorry, I didn't know you were a priest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#5618 Feb 21, 2014
It's always healthy to remind creationists that their problem isn't Charles Darwin, but Charles Lyell. He just absolutely eats creationist lunch in his Principles of Geology.
Donnie

United States

#5619 Feb 22, 2014
Former Atheist is now proclaimed Agnostic......what happened Karen?

Texas, USA

#5620 Feb 22, 2014
There's a rock-solid reality about Geology the 'bots must hate. Even the devout must wonder why God would leave the keys to his own destruction just strewn about, for anybody to find.

Texas, USA

#5621 Feb 22, 2014
Pick up a rock. Any rock. You're holding a book containing a story that began billions of years ago and ends billions of years from now. We're just little transitory things to that rock, no more important or consequential than yesterday's rain or a puff of wind. I envy the Geologist because they can read those books. What a power to stand on a landscape and know it's history! Almost god-like. Geologists are cool.
Beau

United States

#5622 Feb 22, 2014
Answers are hidden in the pages of the Bible....non-believers are nothing new been around as long as humanity.

Texas, USA

#5623 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
Answers are hidden in the pages of the Bible....non-believers are nothing new been around as long as humanity.
Why hide answers?
Beau

United States

#5624 Feb 22, 2014
Books are funny things you actually have to open them to find what is contained inside ....

Texas, USA

#5625 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
Books are funny things you actually have to open them to find what is contained inside ....
I'll wager I've read as much or more of the book in discussion as most 'bots. I've certainly set through many hours of religious indoctrination. It didn't take.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5626 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
Why?

Why are they hidden? Why not make them plain, for all to see?

Is this a **deliberate** attempt to wreck people, on the part of your godling?

That is pretty evil-- even for you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5627 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
I *have* read your ugly bible-- 100's of times.

How on **earth** do you think I came to despise it? I read the **whole** thing-- not just the pretty bits (of which there are few).
Beau

United States

#5628 Feb 22, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wager I've read as much or more of the book in discussion as most 'bots. I've certainly set through many hours of religious indoctrination. It didn't take.
Me either both by priest then a minister the later told me I had a rebellious mind because I refused to believe everything that came out of his mouth as gospel instead of manipulations of the written word. I mean I can read and comprehend and what he was selling I wasn't buying left each others company 30 years ago never looked back.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5629 Feb 22, 2014
calling believers "bots" is a great example of that hypocrisy I was talking about. Atheists are some of the biggest robots there ever has been. Most have been brainwashed beyond repair.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5630 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
calling believers "bots" is a great example of that hypocrisy I was talking about. Atheists are some of the biggest robots there ever has been. Most have been brainwashed beyond repair.
You're right-- calling these fools "bots" is highly insulting to robots.

This is because a **robot** can be programmed to actually produce useful work.

A mind-numbed goddite such as yourself, cannot.

A **robot** can be shown information which will change it's behavior.

A brain-dead Genuine Christian™ such as yourself, cannot be shown anything to change your mind.

So you are correct-- it's insulting to robots, to compare you people to these incredible and useful machines.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5631 Feb 22, 2014
Bob have you proven yourself to be intelligent yet? Didn't think so

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5632 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob have you proven yourself to be intelligent yet? Didn't think so
Absolutely I have!

I'm much-much smarter than ...**you**.. for example.

Of course, to the astute observer, that would be like proving I'm smarter than a rock, so I must ever strive to better myself.

By rejecting bullsh8t claims such as "god is real", I have made a most excellent beginning.

Which again, proves me much-much smarter than ... again... you.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agnostic

United States

#5633 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either both by priest then a minister the later told me I had a rebellious mind because I refused to believe everything that came out of his mouth as gospel instead of manipulations of the written word. I mean I can read and comprehend and what he was selling I wasn't buying left each others company 30 years ago never looked back.
All this talk about priest and god makes my panties wet...

Texas, USA

#5634 Feb 22, 2014
Beau wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... priests have never liked "rebellious minds" ... in an earlier age you may well have been burned at the stake!

Texas, USA

#5635 Feb 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Offer up an alternative descriptive word just as short and I'll consider using it. I can see where you might find it derogatory but since Atheists clearly hold a certain disdain for religion and it's practitioners I can see nothing hypocritical about it. Religious Folk act and react in largely predictable and repetitive patterns based upon their religious upbringing (programming)... just like robots. Of course, we all do that to some degree or another with Skeptics and Free Thinkers at least being aware they are doing it and trying to think outside the box.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 228,565
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 700
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 6 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 7 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 16 hr Patrick 140

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE