'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Comments (Page 260)

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of7,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont know a goddamn thing about what i believe.
Don't let him/her bug you. The Ignorance of people like that have no understanding of reality.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm free to advertise my stupidity anyway I please!
I consider "Texican" a compliment ... thank you.

I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, it's Dos Equis
I've met " The Most Interesting Man in the World " to which you refer
in the Dos Equis commercials. Senor Stupidity, you're no him.

" Texican " is a slam term that was immediately dropped after
the revolution Feel free to use it, it goes with your proclaimed
stupidity.
Ace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like theology is beyond your grasp too old boy. The priests involved in sexual abuses to kids isn't something GOD will swept under the rug. If you believe GOD is impressed by ceremonies and chanting hail Mary's then you've got much more to learn about the Bible.
You are required to repent and seek forgiveness for sins. You are required to seek a relationship with the Lord your Savior. You are to forsake worldly ways what I see in your posts on other threads is a pompous arrogant man talking trash to anyone who will listen. Not someone I would take religious advice from in fact you would probably be very close to the last person that post on OKC Topix that anyone should listen to about religion.
"what you do to the least of mine so you have done to me also"...Jesus Christ's admonishment. The Bible even mentions GOD is aware when a sparrow falls...

The evil priests will not be forgotten and the harm they did will not be forgotten. To say these people are 'saved' is in essence saying they will not be responsible for the evil they did to children. If you believe that then you also could believe that Hitler and his SS are 'saved'...then who ends up in the Lake of Fire mentioned in the Bible?

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

antiatheist wrote:
oh the ole "I'm smart and your an idiot" line. Another typical atheist response that practically every one of you parrots from one another. Spare me the self-absorption please. I've heard all this nonsense before
Dude, who are you talking to? The reply button is on the upper right hand side of the post. It says REPLY.

With that said, Its not about smarts. Its about willful delusion. As far as the rest, we can just discard that as scribble.

Remember its says REPLY.

“Putten the SIN ”

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

antiatheist wrote:
Another thing.........you guys think you base all your thinking on facts. Yet, I can ask you several questions that you have absolutely no answers to. Your ideas are based on bias and a personal belief system. They have little to do with facts
Like what does 2+2 taste like????

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met " The Most Interesting Man in the World " to which you refer
in the Dos Equis commercials. Senor Stupidity, you're no him.
" Texican " is a slam term that was immediately dropped after
the revolution Feel free to use it, it goes with your proclaimed
stupidity.
Really? I shook hands with George Foreman at the airport one time. Is that the kind of "met" you're talking about? Cuz I'm sure The Most Interesting Man in the World would have squashed you like a bug, just for general principles.

Thanks for the History lesson! John Wayne managed to dredge the word "Texican" back into popular parlance with his movie version of "The Alamo". Maybe if you were from around here, you wouldn't consider it a "slam term". Whatever that means.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

On topic ... I've always felt that tornadoes were one of the proofs against God (or gods). Churches, synagogues, beer joints, whore houses ... no matter. Momma Nature tries to rid herself of all of them with equal (though chaotic) gusto!

I applaud the lady in the newscast that openly revealed her Atheism. I'm ashamed to admit that I am ashamed to admit it in most circumstances.

I am weak and she is strong.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

oh angel quit cursing it makes you look even more juvenile.
Ace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I shook hands with George Foreman at the airport one time. Is that the kind of "met" you're talking about? Cuz I'm sure The Most Interesting Man in the World would have squashed you like a bug, just for general principles.
Thanks for the History lesson! John Wayne managed to dredge the word "Texican" back into popular parlance with his movie version of "The Alamo". Maybe if you were from around here, you wouldn't consider it a "slam term". Whatever that means.
LMAO, you certainly have a point with the example of George Foreman. WarForOil claims to live in Southlake, TX but his location is usually Grapevine, TX suburb of Dallas. WFO claims a lot of things he brags about being wealthy but somehow his wife gets free ObamaCare.

I've come to the conclusion he must be a hobo who owns a corner in Grapevine, TX and his wife his is a blow up doll named Luscious Lucy. But WFO is the King of his castle ...all 4 walls of cardboard.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Ace wrote:
<quoted text>

WFO claims a lot of things he brags about being wealthy
but somehow his wife gets free ObamaCare.
That's some of the great difference in our classes.
I have initiative and you don't.
You're unable or unwilling to get on the Heathcare.gov site
and figure out how someone with no reportable income
can secure FREE healthcare coverage.

Obamacare is income tested not asset tested ( sometimes
called means tested ). No income no cost. Having a
fortune isn't relevant..

My wife pays no premiums for her healthcare.
Have someone in a better class show you how this is done.
Joyce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
fortune isn't relevant..
Oh you managed to do it again. What a jerk you are WFO. First off if you have so much wealth I saw a post claiming you had mega millions then you and your wife should be paying your way and not expecting the middle class or working poor to subsidized your healthcare. The American taxpayer has been drained enough by the wealthy 1% like yourself. In case you have been out of the loop for a decade then you have to be aware of our national debt issue. Why make it worse?
xlt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you managed to do it again. What a jerk you are WFO. First off if you have so much wealth I saw a post claiming you had mega millions then you and your wife should be paying your way and not expecting the middle class or working poor to subsidized your healthcare. The American taxpayer has been drained enough by the wealthy 1% like yourself. In case you have been out of the loop for a decade then you have to be aware of our national debt issue. Why make it worse?
WFO must be a republican wealthy 1%. If he's a democrat then he should be giving back to the poor.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

ha.......republican? You have been watching msnbc way too much. You left wing liberals never cease to amaze me. Some of the most judgmental and hateful people there are
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
fortune isn't relevant..
Can trust a creationist who denies evolution and thinks the earth is 3000 years old.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
ha.......republican? You have been watching msnbc way too much. You left wing liberals never cease to amaze me. Some of the most judgmental and hateful people there are
Creationists seem to think all atheists are liberals.

But then again, they have no regard for facts or reality, hallucinating their way through life and lying about it to cover up this ignorance.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

again Jim's reading comprehension is that of a 4th grader. Did I ever mention atheists Jim? Go back, read slowly, say the words out loud and maybe, just maybe you will retain the words and meaning.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Goodness...such judgement.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

most people spell judgment without the "e". I judge you as being not too intelligent and juvenile

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
most people spell judgment without the "e". I judge you as being not too intelligent and juvenile
Lol...oh no! There is a typo! I think the fact that you point out a typo is juvenile lol. Come on anti. You're starting to respond like the people you complain about.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

I can overlook those mistakes sometimes but you happen to make them a lot. Are you just not that good at spelling?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of7,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 40 min Buck Crick 354
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 45 min Buck Crick 21,375
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min Thinking 224,006
Our world came from nothing? 49 min Thinking 162
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 3 hr Patrick 1,285
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Carchar king 4
•••
•••