'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
JoJo

United States

#5463 Feb 6, 2014
Clueless in London....
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5464 Feb 6, 2014
Unlike most of you, I'm note in a debate. I already know the truth. You guys are willfully ignorant.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5465 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Unlike most of you, I'm note in a debate. I already know the truth. You guys are willfully ignorant.
Anti, just happen to look up the definition of "willful ignorance" and i used Wikipedia because i know you like it so much.here is what it said;

Examples of willful ignorance

This is some suggested reading for willful ignorance.

Creationism - Often absolute denial of transitional fossils. Statements like “there are no transitional fossils” come as if they’re facts from the mouths of creation scientists. Actual scientists, however, would beg to differ.
Conservapædia - Well known for it, in fact.
A Storehouse of Knowledge - As creationists, above.
Expelled: Leader's Guide - Intentional misrepresentations of evolution throughout. They still insist on outright falsehoods such as “Darwinism caused the holocaust”, refusing to consider the blatant facts that this is not only wrong, but would be irrelevant even if it were true.

Dallas, TX

#5466 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you dont have to respond to any of this because your "not in a debate."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5467 Feb 6, 2014
exactly. Not in a debate at all. Its like debating whether or not the sun is hot.
JoJo

United States

#5470 Feb 6, 2014
@Thinking, since that bugs you so much and since you have an anger management issue I thought I would help you practice overcoming some of your issues.

Thanks for the laughs ;-)
JoJo

United States

#5471 Feb 6, 2014
@Thinking....he's gonna blow!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5472 Feb 6, 2014
Hey thats actually an interesting comment. Scientists can't cure Parkinsons, cancer, or even the common cold yet somehow they know without observation how life began. Funnier thing is some people actually have fallen for it. You guys are way too predictable
Max

United States

#5473 Feb 6, 2014
By Mark Prigg

PUBLISHED: 16:17 EST, 5 February 2014 | UPDATED: 16:18 EST, 5 February 2014

Astronomers have discovered that Polaris, the north star, is getting brighter.

They say the star has suddenly reversed two decades of dimming.

It is expanding at more than 100 times the rate they expected - and nobody is sure why
----------

Just another example that scientist don't have all the answers no matter what someone might post!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#5476 Feb 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>If only you knew of an all powerful compassionate god that didn't inflict childhood leukaemia on the young. And how to use "reply", you mongtard!
What grade level of education have you been able to complete?

Your choice of "mongtard" leads me to believe you are around 14, 15yo???
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#5478 Feb 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>My calling you the c word all day would not make you any less incorrect.

Big kisses.
Guess I was pretty close, huh?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5479 Feb 6, 2014
most 14 and 15 yrs olds I know are actually more mature and intelligent than him.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5480 Feb 6, 2014
JPL wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't agree with your summation. First the only unforgiveable sin according to the Holy Bible is the Unpardonable Sin of rejecting GOD the father and Jesus Christ as your personal savior period. It's the only Unpardonable Sin.

Hitler was not a Christian. He didn't put GOD first and foremost personally or in deeds by his actions. What Hitler was involved deeply in was the search for power by any and all means which included the occult. Many of the high ranking members of Hitler's circle were deeply involved in the occult. A Christian is expressly forbidden to engage in occultism. The Holy Bible condemns such activities. Hitler wasn't the only one who searched the occult for power it was quite popular during those times especially in Europe to engage in occultism and spiritualism. Not unusual for dinner guests to also engage in a séance after dinner for entertainment value.

There is an example of a great sin committed by King David in Biblical times. According to the Holy Bible King David noticed a beautiful woman bathing on a roof top of her home. She was married to a man who served in King David's military. King David lusted after this beautiful woman which is breaking one of the 10 commandments but instead of stopping and repenting of the original sin of lust he played with the idea and his desire to possess this beautiful woman increased the more he thought about it. So King David devised a plan of action. He ordered the husband to this woman to be moved to the front lines in a battle insuring he would be killed freeing King David to take the woman as his personal lover which he did and engaged in sexual relations with this man's wife. Later he was advised the man had died on the battlefield just as King David had planned. It wasn't until the news of the man's death did King David acknowledge his terrible sin against the man and his wife and against GOD. King David committed 3 sins of lusting after another's wife, murder and sex with a married woman. Serious transgressions. But the Holy Bible also says that King David recognized his great sin and confessed and repented with his whole heart, with such profound humility and repentance that GOD forgave him and blessed him. The Holy Bible label King David as a man "after GOD's own heart".

For years I struggled with that phrase. How could GOD bless a man who committed preplanned murder engaged in adultery with a married woman and still bless this man and give him such a prominent place in the Holy Bible? Then I came to the conclusion that GOD views all sin as the transgression of the law. All sin according to the Holy Bible has a penalty, "the wages of sin is death"...only when a person repents with all his heart is he forgiven and then GOD allows the forgiven to go forth and 'sin no more'. This example is also reinforced by Jesus Christ dealing with the prostitute when she was to be stoned for her sins. Instead she repented of her sins and Jesus Christ forgave the sin and told her to "go and sin no more". Yes you can be forgiven of sin really egregious sin except in only one case which is the UNPARDONABLE SIN which is the rejection of GOD and Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

I don't see any evidence that Adolph Hitler repented of what he did. I don't see any evidence that Eva Braun repented of what she was involved in either. I reject the idea either of these vile people were Christians because their life decisions and lifestyle was clearly not Christian decisions or a Christian lifestyle.
Interesting.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5481 Feb 6, 2014
you mean Hitler wasn't a Christian just because atheists said he was?

Location hidden

#5482 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you mean Hitler wasn't a Christian just because atheists said he was?
Who are you talking to?

Garland, TX

#5483 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
most 14 and 15 yrs olds I know are actually more mature and intelligent than him.
how many 14 or 15 year olds do you know?
Richardfs

Sydney, Australia

#5484 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
And what would that be B sharp or perhaps more befitting you D flat?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5485 Feb 6, 2014
anyone else find it ironic that atheists pride themselves on being "free thinkers" yet virtually every one of them pretty much mimic one another?

Location hidden

#5486 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
anyone else find it ironic that atheists pride themselves on being "free thinkers" yet virtually every one of them pretty much mimic one another?
Strange that you don't agree with people sharing opinions unless its your own ;-)
Liz

United States

#5487 Feb 7, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would that be B sharp or perhaps more befitting you D flat?
notable difference...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Jaimie 16,522
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Patrick n Angela 235,540
The Consequences of Atheism 34 min polymath257 686
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 50 min NoahLovesU 4,710
Is Religion Childish? 54 min Thinking 125
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 6,029
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 8 hr QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web