'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5480 Feb 6, 2014
JPL wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't agree with your summation. First the only unforgiveable sin according to the Holy Bible is the Unpardonable Sin of rejecting GOD the father and Jesus Christ as your personal savior period. It's the only Unpardonable Sin.

Hitler was not a Christian. He didn't put GOD first and foremost personally or in deeds by his actions. What Hitler was involved deeply in was the search for power by any and all means which included the occult. Many of the high ranking members of Hitler's circle were deeply involved in the occult. A Christian is expressly forbidden to engage in occultism. The Holy Bible condemns such activities. Hitler wasn't the only one who searched the occult for power it was quite popular during those times especially in Europe to engage in occultism and spiritualism. Not unusual for dinner guests to also engage in a séance after dinner for entertainment value.

There is an example of a great sin committed by King David in Biblical times. According to the Holy Bible King David noticed a beautiful woman bathing on a roof top of her home. She was married to a man who served in King David's military. King David lusted after this beautiful woman which is breaking one of the 10 commandments but instead of stopping and repenting of the original sin of lust he played with the idea and his desire to possess this beautiful woman increased the more he thought about it. So King David devised a plan of action. He ordered the husband to this woman to be moved to the front lines in a battle insuring he would be killed freeing King David to take the woman as his personal lover which he did and engaged in sexual relations with this man's wife. Later he was advised the man had died on the battlefield just as King David had planned. It wasn't until the news of the man's death did King David acknowledge his terrible sin against the man and his wife and against GOD. King David committed 3 sins of lusting after another's wife, murder and sex with a married woman. Serious transgressions. But the Holy Bible also says that King David recognized his great sin and confessed and repented with his whole heart, with such profound humility and repentance that GOD forgave him and blessed him. The Holy Bible label King David as a man "after GOD's own heart".

For years I struggled with that phrase. How could GOD bless a man who committed preplanned murder engaged in adultery with a married woman and still bless this man and give him such a prominent place in the Holy Bible? Then I came to the conclusion that GOD views all sin as the transgression of the law. All sin according to the Holy Bible has a penalty, "the wages of sin is death"...only when a person repents with all his heart is he forgiven and then GOD allows the forgiven to go forth and 'sin no more'. This example is also reinforced by Jesus Christ dealing with the prostitute when she was to be stoned for her sins. Instead she repented of her sins and Jesus Christ forgave the sin and told her to "go and sin no more". Yes you can be forgiven of sin really egregious sin except in only one case which is the UNPARDONABLE SIN which is the rejection of GOD and Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

I don't see any evidence that Adolph Hitler repented of what he did. I don't see any evidence that Eva Braun repented of what she was involved in either. I reject the idea either of these vile people were Christians because their life decisions and lifestyle was clearly not Christian decisions or a Christian lifestyle.
Interesting.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5481 Feb 6, 2014
you mean Hitler wasn't a Christian just because atheists said he was?

Location hidden

#5482 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you mean Hitler wasn't a Christian just because atheists said he was?
Who are you talking to?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5483 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
most 14 and 15 yrs olds I know are actually more mature and intelligent than him.
how many 14 or 15 year olds do you know?
Richardfs

Blacktown, Australia

#5484 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Unlike most of you, I'm note in a debate. I already know the truth. You guys are willfully ignorant.
And what would that be B sharp or perhaps more befitting you D flat?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5485 Feb 6, 2014
anyone else find it ironic that atheists pride themselves on being "free thinkers" yet virtually every one of them pretty much mimic one another?

Location hidden

#5486 Feb 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
anyone else find it ironic that atheists pride themselves on being "free thinkers" yet virtually every one of them pretty much mimic one another?
Strange that you don't agree with people sharing opinions unless its your own ;-)
Liz

United States

#5487 Feb 7, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would that be B sharp or perhaps more befitting you D flat?
notable difference...
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5490 Feb 7, 2014
JPL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not a Christian. He didn't put GOD first and foremost personally....
I don't see any evidence that Adolph Hitler repented of what he did.

I reject the idea either of these vile people were Christians because
their life decisions and lifestyle was clearly not Christian decisions
or a Christian lifestyle.
Hitler was a Catholic in good standing.
He didn't need to repent, he was forgiven of his
sins past, present and future through his faith.

Sinful life decisions and lifestyles are also forgiven
unconditionally.

It's not you that gets to judge if someone has 'lived' well
enough for heaven. God forgives.

Can you cast the first stone ?
JPL

United States

#5491 Feb 7, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
unconditionally.
Strongly disagree with you. All sinners must repent to be saved. So your foundation premise is severely flawed beyond redemption flawed.

GOD is the final judge and the Holy Bible admonishes us to 'know' them by the fruits of their labor or works. Hitler's fruits of his labor his works are clear there are videos if you need to brush up on historical fact. I recognize and 'know' who Hitler is and he is not a Christian.

You are professing the belief of once saved always saved. I don't subscribe to that premise since the unpardonable sin is always unpardonable. There is no evidence he ever embraced GOD or Jesus Christ as his personal savior. If you have some much evidence of such then by all means share. You'll surprise many historians.
Ace

United States

#5492 Feb 7, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
unconditionally.
Were you stoned when you posted this crap? Hitler was a devil not a Christian.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5493 Feb 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
since you dont know any atheists and have nothing to base your assumption on let me educate you a bit.

we are just as divirse of a group as any other. there are drs. and politicians that are atheist and there are unemployed people that are atheists,just like Christians. we are all different and for someone to try to lump us all together shows their ignorance. we share the belief that theres no such thing as magic but our differences branch out quite a bit from there.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5495 Feb 7, 2014
I have listened to all of you and some from other places on the internet and I can pretty much predict everything you guys are going to say. You ALWAYS bring up Hitler, gay animals, etc. Do you guys not realize that there is actually no free thinking going on at all? You are all so deep into your ideology that I honestly think you don't realize that you are just the opposite of free thinking.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#5496 Feb 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I have listened to all of you and some from other places on the internet and I can pretty much predict everything you guys are going to say. You ALWAYS bring up Hitler, gay animals, etc. Do you guys not realize that there is actually no free thinking going on at all? You are all so deep into your ideology that I honestly think you don't realize that you are just the opposite of free thinking.
Don't you have a bible to read?

Maybe you should pray.

Location hidden

#5497 Feb 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Seriously...you apparently have no clue how many times you've repeated this.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5498 Feb 7, 2014
Don't you supposedly pride yourself on being able to think for yourself? All you do is repeat one another. I'm not even talking about just on this board. You say the exact same things I've heard other atheists say on different forums. You are all like little atheist zombies repeating each other and taking orders from your god Darwin. Its just weird and ironic
Lisa

United States

#5499 Feb 7, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Get over yourself.
Hitler was a catholic christian leading a country that was majority lutheran christian.
<quoted text>
You completely ignore the facts. Hitler wasn't anymore a Christian than a person standing in a garage is a car. Point being a Christian is one who lives certain guidelines and Hitler didn't live those guidelines by any stretch of the imagination. A person can belong to a church without being a Christian and belonging to the body of Christ. Just like a minister with worldly credentials can be a false prophet.

JPL has been very eloquent on this subject & spot on point in this regard.
Jim

Great Missenden, UK

#5500 Feb 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Don't you supposedly pride yourself on being able to think for yourself? All you do is repeat one another. I'm not even talking about just on this board. You say the exact same things I've heard other atheists say on different forums. You are all like little atheist zombies repeating each other and taking orders from your god Darwin. Its just weird and ironic
You have prayed yourself retarded.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5501 Feb 7, 2014
Oh no not crazy Jim again. I think it must be hereditary? Does it come from your moms side or your dads?

Location hidden

#5502 Feb 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
As I said anti...apparently you realize how many times you have continually repeated yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 31 min Into The Night 20,277
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min ChristineM 45,559
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Flirts730 21,400
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 10,343
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 548
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 4 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 325
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 257,132
More from around the web