'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Richardfs

Blacktown, Australia

#5391 Feb 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You act as if you know God...which you obviously don't. You should be ashamed.
How do you get to know some one who is not real?

Don't they lock up people who talk to imaginary friends?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5394 Feb 4, 2014
Richard you would have to lock up 90% of the worlds population. Sorry, you are a vast minority for good reason.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5395 Feb 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
debates like that mean nothing. Atheists are going to believe everything Nye says and vice versa. Its simply entertainment for some people.
Lol...wow...I guess I'm not involved with the Nye followers lol. Sometimes you are very entertaining.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5396 Feb 5, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>

1. 6,000,000 are dead, and not from natural causes.
Hardly the kind of saving one would expect from an omnipotent being.
The assumption is that you're referring to Hitler.
Hitler wasn't an omnipotent being, he was Catholic.

At least blame the correct religion.
If he'd been Lutheran, it would have been 12M.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5398 Feb 5, 2014
Only extreme people would even try to call Hitler a Christian.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5399 Feb 5, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I won't waste my time with a debate about something that I already know. I stopped listening to Bill Nye years ago.
but you are still a follower of Ken Ham right?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5401 Feb 5, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
The assumption is that you're referring to Hitler.
Hitler wasn't an omnipotent being, he was Catholic.
At least blame the correct religion.
If he'd been Lutheran, it would have been 12M.
Perhaps, but the Lutherans wouldn't have operated the ratline that allowed so many nazi higher-ups to escape. Perhaps the ratline was just a dress rehersal for the later operations to protect pedophile priests.
JPL

United States

#5402 Feb 5, 2014
The 'Rat Line' was real and it was supported by the Catholic Church. Many Nazis escaped to South America or other countries with the help and duplicity of the Roman Catholic Church. Protecting pedophiles is another disturbing fact the Roman Catholic Church was involved in. Neither can be attributed to Christian behavior or Christ-like behavior since that behavior is the opposite of what a true Christian or follower of Christ would do in personal behavior.

The Holy Bible also warns about false prophets and churches which are rotten with sin and engage in vile sins against GOD. The Holy Bible warns of the harlot church which is a prostitute and sins against GOD's commandments. Some today will publicly say it's the Roman Catholic Church the Holy Bible is pertaining to, others scholars will say that the Holy Bible is meaning all sins allowed, fostered or committed by any member of a church is a false prophet or false church of GOD. Examples of false prophets and false Churches would be Jim Jones the founder of a church whose members perished from poisoning and gunshot in the Jamestown Massacre in Guyana and David Koresh of Waco, TX compound where so many died a horrible death of fire and suffocation both men had understanding of biblical scriptures but through manipulations and their own perversions they corrupted the meaning and intent of the Holy Bible to satisfy their need for adoration, power and sexual urges.

Mankind is full of sinful behavior, Christians have to choose to turn away from sinful behavior forsaking carnal sinful behavior. The Holy Bible admonishes us we will be held accountable for the knowledge we have. Those who do not possess the knowledge will be look upon differently than for those who have the knowledge and choose to continue with sinful behavior.
JPL

United States

#5404 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Far safer to ignore scripture then.
<quoted text>
Remember "free will"? The choice has always been yours and yours alone. Interesting thing about knowledge you can ignore it or accept and use it to your overall benefit.
JPL

United States

#5406 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No.
The bible says there was no knowledge of good and evil until Adam and Eve ate from the tree.
So how come your god is punishing generations of children yet unborn for his own screw up?
<quoted text>
You said No and I accept your refusal. Any other discussion is a moot point isn't it?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5407 Feb 5, 2014
a follower of Ken Ham? ummmmm no I'm not a "follower" of anyone except God. I've read a few of Ken Ham's books and saw him once in person at a church. Obviously I agree with him.

Location hidden

#5408 Feb 5, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Only extreme people would even try to call Hitler a Christian.
Only people who follow history, and who don't deny things that they can plainly see would try to say he wasn't.

Him being Christian had nothing to do with him being crazy, so why deny it.
JPL

United States

#5410 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I think free will may exist but I don't know how to prove it.
<quoted text>
Since you don't accept spirituality then you must be speaking in terms of physicality. In the latter case you make free will choices everyday I would think.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#5411 Feb 5, 2014
Debating evolution with the Creationist Ham and people like antiatheist is like this analogy:

“You can knock on a deaf man's door forever.”
&#8213; Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

Ham admitted that nothing, absolutely nothing can be said or nothing can be proven to change his mind.

Nye said 'evidence' would change his mind.

Enough said.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#5412 Feb 5, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Only people who follow history, and who don't deny things that they can plainly see would try to say he wasn't.
Him being Christian had nothing to do with him being crazy, so why deny it.
How do you know Hilter was a Christian...oh I forgot...cause he said he was. Hey, just like the atheists on this forum.

Yep...God was my number 1...not now though lol

Location hidden

#5413 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know Hilter was a Christian...oh I forgot...cause he said he was. Hey, just like the atheists on this forum.

Yep...God was my number 1...not now though lol
Lol...oh Chuck. Welcome to this thread as well. Since you didn't finish our conversation on the last thread, I look forward to you being more polite on this one.:-)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#5416 Feb 5, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...oh Chuck. Welcome to this thread as well. Since you didn't finish our conversation on the last thread, I look forward to you being more polite on this one.:-)
Ok

prove to me Hilter was a Christian.

btw...I'm not fragile like Christine. You've been polite to me. Say what you will.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#5417 Feb 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Some religitards also try to pretend the millions of Hitler's followers weren't christians either...
<quoted text>
Prove they was instead of running your cakehole...thanks

Location hidden

#5418 Feb 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Ok

prove to me Hilter was a Christian.

btw...I'm not fragile like Christine. You've been polite to me. Say what you will.
I have no reason to be anything other than polite, so far :-).

I find your logic unstable. How would I go about proving a nazi was a Christian exactly. Well, I might also question, how would you go about proving that they weren't?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5419 Feb 5, 2014
agnostic what is weird is that Ham and the other scientists during the debate are 100x more intelligent than you ever thought about being. Quit making yourself look even dumber that you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 27 min River Tam 28,607
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Aura Mytha 67,106
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,523
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 23 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 23 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web