'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#5276 Jan 31, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>

I think the interchanges between WarForOil and Jim are just classic catfishing. If you let him/her know he/she gets under your skin, he/she will sense the hook in your mouth as well.
There are signs of life.
At least this response is better than you get usually poking a rock with a stick.

Be real careful what you put in your mouth. Some hooks are dirty.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5278 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"Doesn't matter what you think.
You're wrong. "
Ha sounds like something a grade schooler would say.
Angel there is no doubt in my mind that there is no amount of evidence that would ever convince you otherwise. As I've stated earlier, you will die one day and will meet your maker. I doubt you will be as bold and proud as you are now. Sad thing is it will be too late for you and your soul will be doomed for eternity. The road to hell is broad so you will not be alone.
I will die and then "God" will reveal himself...well that would be the proof i need. Just reveal himself like your talking about. Why not all the time. If God was real, then reveal himself now. Right now, every atheist would become a devout believer. Why does it have to be AFTER YOU DIE. we need proof NOW!
Jim

London, UK

#5279 Jan 31, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
There are signs of life.
At least this response is better than you get usually poking a rock with a stick.
Be real careful what you put in your mouth. Some hooks are dirty.
Why open your mouth again, when you're a creationist liar with no evidence of god, embarrassing himself in the Atheism forum?
Jim

London, UK

#5280 Jan 31, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion based on faith from what others have tried to sell you.
Nope, its a fact. When you die. The brain you used to lie to yourself about god also dies as well.

If you're too cowardly to accept the facts of your own mortality, then that is your problems' problem.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5281 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
The odds are so vast that it couldn't happen. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The only difference is I'm honest about it. You aren't
The fact is, life DOES exist in this universe... and that makes your argument no more than absolutely pointless
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5282 Jan 31, 2014
God already revealed himself and you are being willfully ignorant. Its amazing that some even denied Jesus during his time even though they watched him perform miracle after miracle and rise from the dead. Like I said, the road to heaven is narrow.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5283 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
God already revealed himself and you are being willfully ignorant. Its amazing that some even denied Jesus during his time even though they watched him perform miracle after miracle and rise from the dead. Like I said, the road to heaven is narrow.
There had been no god seen at any moment in history.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5284 Jan 31, 2014
untrue. Jesus was seen many, many times and performed many, many miracles. He was also seen after he was resurrected.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5285 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
untrue. Jesus was seen many, many times and performed many, many miracles. He was also seen after he was resurrected.
Your thinking of Tupac.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5287 Jan 31, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There had been no god seen at any moment in history.
That'a not true. I've seen Eric Clapton in concert a couple of times, and everyone knows Clapton is God.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5288 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You are an atheist and you don't know what will happen? If you are really an atheist, then you must believe nothing is going to happen. You will just not exist anymore either physically or spiritually.
No one "knows" what will happen. I think, based on what I observe that the nothing scenario is most likely. Do you believe that animals also meet their makers? If not, you must be denying that humans are animals too, despite the fact that we share biological organs and functions precisely like those of other animals. If all other living creatures die, and none of them experiences an afterlife, on what basis can you claim that humans are different?

You think, based on your beliefs, that you will meet god.

Buddhists and Hindus think, based on their beliefs, you keep getting do-overs until you get it right.

We may never know, unless you are right. If the nothing scenario is correct, you will not experience anything after death, and therefore will not be able to know you were wrong. As I understand it, those believing in reincarnation do not believe that you remember your past life (lives), so you would not know what transpired between lives, just make a clean start each time.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5289 Jan 31, 2014
Its really too bad that so many of you will go to hell because its not what God wants for anyone. Maybe someday you will change before you die. Its something all of you should really sit down and think hard about.
WarForOIl

Grapevine, TX

#5290 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
God already revealed himself and you are being willfully ignorant. Its amazing that some even denied Jesus during his time even though they watched him perform miracle after miracle and rise from the dead.

Like I said, the road to heaven is narrow.
Yes, only a few dedicated followers were convinced.
Certainly not the multitudes needed to prove anything.

Numerous Messiahs had attracted a following prior to
Jesus. They all died too. Clearly Jesus wasn't an
original. Jesus' followers too doubted his authenticity.

Wacko faith is rampant in all cultures.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5291 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Its really too bad that so many of you will go to hell because its not what God wants for anyone. Maybe someday you will change before you die. Its something all of you should really sit down and think hard about.
A devout muslim would say to you, in all sincerity, and with 100% conviction, "It's really too bad antiatheist will go to hell, because that's not what allah wants for anyone. Maybe someday, antiatheist will convert to islam. It is something he should really sit down and think hard about."

Of course, this would not make you convert to islam, or even sit down and think really hard about it.

Atheists are just as unimpressed by your fairy tale as we are by islam's fairy tale. As to allah, you are just as atheist as me.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5292 Jan 31, 2014
only a few dedicated following????? Ha are you serious? He had multitudes of followers. Even some of the Romans believed He was the messiah.

Amused, it really doesn't matter if you believe or not. Its your eternity...not mine.

Location hidden

#5294 Jan 31, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
That'a not true. I've seen Eric Clapton in concert a couple of times, and everyone knows Clapton is God.
Lol... tushe
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5295 Jan 31, 2014
its called free will ..... google it if you can't understand.

Location hidden

#5296 Jan 31, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
lol...if god were real, and he didn't want us there then he wouldn't have created it ;)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5298 Jan 31, 2014
He does want you. The problem is you don't want Him. God is love but He is also just and I'm afraid you will one day experience His justice.
Jim

London, UK

#5299 Feb 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
its called free will ..... google it if you can't understand.
You can't accept the free will not to believe, that is your problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 243,296
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 2 hr Brian_G 6,209
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr ChristineM 9,318
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Brian_G 19,765
Atheists have morals too! 5 hr Lelouch0 6
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 12 hr superwilly 26
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 15 hr karl44 1
More from around the web