'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#526 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Ed ... again.....we don't have all the facts. Science doesn't have all the information so you can't possibly say there isn't a God. How many times has science been completely wrong in the past? Too many to count. They have been wrong because they made assumptions without having all the information. To most people, the earth itself is enough to recognize there is a maker. The complexity of life could not happen by chance. Why can you not see this?
The response is in kind...when you go around saying what someone else believes is garbage then the logical response would be to insult back. Some of the claimed "miracles" in the bible have been debunked by science, but you still believe that your bible is a 100% correct...Why can you not see that??? The size of the universe is enough to recognize that the odds against a maker for any specific purpose are very low.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#527 Jul 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I just challenged YOU.
I will bet that your "response" will consist of personal attacks, and not a single argument in support of your claim.
Your prediction was correct sir :D They never fail to produce the exact opposite response of a courteous person.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#528 Jul 28, 2013
iseeyou. you think most of the world is delusional which includes our president and the leaders of most nations. Don't you see something wrong in your thinking? You think YOU know more than all those people? apparently you do think that
Thinking

Royston, UK

#529 Jul 28, 2013
Most people used to think that the Sun orbited the Earth.
Don't you see something wrong in your thinking?
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou. you think most of the world is delusional which includes our president and the leaders of most nations. Don't you see something wrong in your thinking? You think YOU know more than all those people? apparently you do think that

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#530 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou. you think most of the world is delusional which includes our president and the leaders of most nations. Don't you see something wrong in your thinking? You think YOU know more than all those people? apparently you do think that
Again.... I think that anyone who understands the vastness of our universe, and still believes that there is a "god" that created it for any specific purpose is delusional. Whoever this group may include does not affect my decision on it, it simply supports it.

I never said that I know more than any other person... you are attempting to speak for me, but I'm sorry that was not stated.

And please answer the questions I asked in the previous post.

Can you actually say with a 100% certainty that your bible was not simply written by man and that it hasn't been falsely interpreted throughout the years? Can you say with a 100% certainty that the "god" that you whisper to in your prayers listens to you and your religion alone?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#531 Jul 28, 2013
how it is interpreted isn't Gods fault. People do all kinds of things in the name of religion AND atheism.

God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior.

Can you say that atheism is 100% accurate?

Again, you believe most of the world is delusional. What does that say about you? I think it says you are very arrogant.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#532 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
how it is interpreted isn't Gods fault. People do all kinds of things in the name of religion AND atheism.
God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior.
Can you say that atheism is 100% accurate?
Again, you believe most of the world is delusional. What does that say about you? I think it says you are very arrogant.
No, I cannot say that Atheism is 100% correct. I say this because I am aware of the fact that no one really knows for sure. You can think of me however you like to. I don't see myself as arrogant by any means, but I also don't claim to have all of the answers either. I do however believe that science holds more answers than religious beliefs do.

Now I politely have answered your question...
Can you please answer the questions I asked in the previous post.

Can you actually say with a 100% certainty that your bible was not simply written by man and that it hasn't been falsely interpreted throughout the years? Can you say with a 100% certainty that the "god" that you whisper to in your prayers listens to you and your religion alone?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#535 Jul 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prediction was correct sir :D They never fail to produce the exact opposite response of a courteous person.
Yep. He is true to his type.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#536 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou. you think most of the world is delusional which includes our president and the leaders of most nations. Don't you see something wrong in your thinking? You think YOU know more than all those people? apparently you do think that
Argument from popularity isn't an argument.

Not that long ago? Everyone just KNEW the world was flat... was it flat?

Nope.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#537 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
how it is interpreted isn't Gods fault.
Oh NO you don't!

It most certainly IS your stupid god's fault, if his message is so poor that most folk MISS IT.

Sheesh, but you don't understand consequences and responsibility.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#538 Jul 28, 2013
I thought I had already answered your questions.

Yes I believe the bible was written by men and inspired by God.

God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior.

Didn't I already say this?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#539 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I thought I had already answered your questions.
Yes I believe the bible was written by men and inspired by God.
God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior.
Didn't I already say this?
Thank you...that was a partial answer to one question. Could you please answer the rest....

Can you say with 100% certainty that the bible was just simply written by man...(and that it hasn't been falsely interpreted throughout the years?)

Can you say with a 100% certainty that the "god" that you whisper to in your prayers listens to you and your religion alone?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#540 Jul 28, 2013
iseeyou why do you keep saying "whisper"? You think Christians whisper when they pray? I'm sure I know your intent was to insult Christians but thought I'd point it out anyway.

I don't know what you aren't understanding........YES THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MAN. Have I not already said this many times?

What makes you think it wasn't written by man?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#541 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou why do you keep saying "whisper"? You think Christians whisper when they pray? I'm sure I know your intent was to insult Christians but thought I'd point it out anyway.
I don't know what you aren't understanding........YES THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MAN. Have I not already said this many times?
What makes you think it wasn't written by man?
Well for one...I don't keep saying it...I said it the first time, and have copied and pasted it several times waiting for you to answer. For two, If I wanted to insult you, I would do it directly.

Also...I got your answer for that question. Now would you please answer the second question. Since you don't want me to repeat myself then I will assume that you can remember what it is since you conveniently didn't answer it on this post either... and yes that was a poke, but only because you are being obviously difficult and I'm frustrated because you have continued to answer only one part of the first question about 5 times now.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#542 Jul 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou why do you keep saying "whisper"? You think Christians whisper when they pray? I'm sure I know your intent was to insult Christians but thought I'd point it out anyway.
I don't know what you aren't understanding........YES THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MAN. Have I not already said this many times?
What makes you think it wasn't written by man?
I'm aware that it was written by man... I also hold the belief that it was not inspired by "god" and that it has been written so many times over that even if it were real and correct in the beginning it would not be now.

I don't know who put your pause button on this first part of that question, but I'm hitting the play button now for you so you should have no trouble ;)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#543 Jul 28, 2013
I'm not gonna repeat it. I've already answered the 2nd part twice so go back and read.

Now do you still think most of the worlds population is delusional?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#544 Jul 28, 2013
Yes I do.

Can you answer the second question please.

Can you say with a 100% certainty that the "god" that you pray to listens to you and your religion alone?

There...I even fixed it to where it doesn't sound insulting to you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#545 Jul 28, 2013
well you never explained what you meant by "whisper" although I know it was an attempted insult. Pretty typical.

Okay........I'm gonna type this one more time for you. Please read carefully and slowly. I believe God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior. I'm not answering this again. 4 times should be enough.

So you believe most of the worlds pop is delusional? Ha so you happen to be one of the very few that actually "get it"? Pretty funny. Got to give you credit for actually admitting it though. Thats probably just one of the reasons a lot of people find atheists obnoxious.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#546 Jul 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well you never explained what you meant by "whisper" although I know it was an attempted insult. Pretty typical.
Okay........I'm gonna type this one more time for you. Please read carefully and slowly. I believe God listens to anyone that accepts Him as their savior. I'm not answering this again. 4 times should be enough.
So you believe most of the worlds pop is delusional? Ha so you happen to be one of the very few that actually "get it"? Pretty funny. Got to give you credit for actually admitting it though. Thats probably just one of the reasons a lot of people find atheists obnoxious.
When you have evidence that you're not mad, people will take you seriously.

That involved proving things. Which you can't because you are too scared of what you will realise.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#547 Jul 29, 2013
The vast majority of the world's population do not believe in your particular god. Now do you still think most of the worlds population is delusional?
antiatheist wrote:
I'm not gonna repeat it. I've already answered the 2nd part twice so go back and read.
Now do you still think most of the worlds population is delusional?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min replaytime 83,181
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 9 hr Science 2,576
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web