'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Comments (Page 248)

Showing posts 4,941 - 4,960 of6,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

Once again you atheists misinterpret and go to the extreme to make what you think is a point. This world is full of sin, disease, and death. Its the result of sin entering this world through Adam and Eve. Honestly, do you really not understand this? 90% of the world believes in God. Do you really think you are right and everyone else is wrong???? Give me a break.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

On another note, it really makes absolutely no sense not to believe in a Creator. Look around you. Do you honestly think all this happened by complete accident? That we someone evolved from basically nothing into this? You guys like to talk about science and facts. Well do you know the odds against something like that happening? What you guys believe is totally unbelievable and silly

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Once again you atheists misinterpret and go to the extreme to make what you think is a point. This world is full of sin, disease, and death. Its the result of sin entering this world through Adam and Eve. Honestly, do you really not understand this? 90% of the world believes in God. Do you really think you are right and everyone else is wrong???? Give me a break.
Adam and Eve have never existed and we're not created by a invisible skydaddy and sin does not exist

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
On another note, it really makes absolutely no sense not to believe in a Creator. Look around you. Do you honestly think all this happened by complete accident? That we someone evolved from basically nothing into this? You guys like to talk about science and facts. Well do you know the odds against something like that happening? What you guys believe is totally unbelievable and silly
you believe in childish things like a invisible skydaddy that created everything by magic
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

Mikko give your alternative explanation. We somehow evolved from a cosmic soup to what we have now? Your chances of winning every lottery in the world are greater than that happening. It never amazes me how people that claim to be smart can believe in something so irrational.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

If you believe that a god controls life and death then the only reasoning he would have for killing people or letting people live is just because he can...in my opinion, that's pretty shitty, but it's whatever.

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
who cares about the UK.
Does God allow a person to live or die? Yes I believe He does. Why do some people like you exist and other great people die or endure hardships? I don't know. We can't understand why sometimes.
"THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS"
the oldest cop out in the book. its is drilled into the mind of the believer until they spew it forth without question.

When backed into a corner, sidestep.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

You expect us to understand God? You can't understand everything about God. Angel why do you hate so much? Do you not realize you will meet your maker someday? You act as though you won't.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Mikko give your alternative explanation. We somehow evolved from a cosmic soup to what we have now? Your chances of winning every lottery in the world are greater than that happening. It never amazes me how people that claim to be smart can believe in something so irrational.
Nobody has to answer your questions here - you're just an ignorant troll with no evidence of god.

Why be bitter when you can study yourself instead of looking like a complete dimwit here?
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
"THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS"
the oldest cop out in the book. its is drilled into the mind of the believer until they spew it forth without question.
When backed into a corner, sidestep.
Society is too polite to call out religious liars for the lies they tell.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
You expect us to understand God? You can't understand everything about God. Angel why do you hate so much? Do you not realize you will meet your maker someday? You act as though you won't.
F*ck understanding god - you need to prove it first.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Are you just going to keep repeating your stupid beliefs over and over again?

You have no evidence of god and no evidence against evolution.

You're done here.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
In the UK, belief in a god is down to 25% in the youth demographic. 19% more believe in something else "spiritual". The majority have no belief. This is the new normal position.
<quoted text>
In the UK, most people think the Queen is royalty.
That's a good reflection on the intelligence of the average Brit.

They're a people too dumb to start a revolution.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Earthquakes happen because of sin and not plate tectonics? Hurricanes are caused by sin as opposed to being caused by tropical weather systems strengthening over water? People get cancer because they sin? That's not just stupidity, it is aggressive, willful ignorance.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
The odds are not so long as you make them out to be. There's a difference between the probability of life on a specific, given location and the probability of life occurring somewhere in the universe.

In the Milky Way alone, there are several billion stars, many with orbiting planets, and moons orbiting those planets. If even 0.1% of those stars have planets in the "goldilocks zone", neither too nor too cold to sustain life, that is still several hundred million potential life sustaining locations just within this galaxy.

There are billions of galaxies. Do the math, if you can actually handle operations involving more than double digit numbers. A hundred million potential sites per galaxy times a billion galaxies is 100,000,000,000,000,000 potential sites. Actually more, since there's several billion stars per galaxy, not just one billion per galaxy, so I am understating my case.

If the odds of a potentially life sustaining site actually developing life were 1 in ten billion, which I think is an exaggeration, but I'm giving you all the benefit of every doubt, that would still mean roughly ten million sites with life. We were fortunate that our planet was one of those within the right zone and that the right combination of events happened in the right sequence. But, if it did not happen here, it certainly would have happened somewhere else. Or, several million somewhere elses.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Absolutely. I just think WarForOil's another ignorant and intolerant person.
They tend to shout more than tolerant people.
<quoted text>
I don't take everything WarForOil says at face value. I still think he/she is a Poe. I think the mask has slipped a few times. Sometimes, he/she is funny. Other times, he/she tries too hard to get a reaction and slips over the line into some rather unfunny territory. Even then, I don't necessarily think he/she actually holds the views stated, but is just pushing buttons to get a reaction. Some Poes are just innocuous fun, some are more pointed, and some are just a slightly more intelligent form of troll. I think the interchanges between WarForOil and Jim are just classic catfishing. If you let him/her know he/she gets under your skin, he/she will sense the hook in your mouth as well.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

The odds are so vast that it couldn't happen. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The only difference is I'm honest about it. You aren't
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
How many combinations of 52 cards are there? Over 8 followed by 67 zeroes.
Now shuffle, then deal out a deck of 52 cards.
What is the chance that you dealt out that nearly impossible deck? 100 percent. It just happened.
This is why your chance argument is dumb. There is no proof nor need for a designer.
<quoted text>
Once the number gets over 10, anti-atheist's shoes and socks are off as he accesses his supplemental counting aids. A number with 67 zeroes is incomprehensible to him.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

I'm going to give you a great opportunity. You don't believe in creation obviously. Please explain, in detail, how you think the universe began. How you think we came about. Put your ideas out there without bashing someone who believes in creation. This is your chance

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
understanding God? no, thats a little silly. i dont believe such a person exists. i do however understand reason, physics, geology and rational thought.magic goes against all of what we currently know about the universe.

you keep bringing up hate, not me. i have NO hate in me. its just not there. you are projecting again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,941 - 4,960 of6,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••