'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5203 Jan 28, 2014
I answered your question regardless of how dumb it is. God didn't intend for there to be sin in the world. He gave man a free will to do as he pleases and he chose to sin. Man still chooses to sin. Take you for example, you are a sinner and he allows you to exist. In the end, everyone will be judged and justice will be delivered.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5204 Jan 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
God didn't intend for there to be sin in the world.
Then why even bother putting the tree in the garden in the first place?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5205 Jan 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I everyone will be judged and justice will be delivered.
looking forward to it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5206 Jan 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Regardless of what you think, one day you will meet your maker and I feel sorry for you. You will be begging for forgiveness but it will be too late.
Fear is not a valid reason for believing in something.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5207 Jan 28, 2014
Oh but you are mistaken. Fear has nothing to do with believing in God. However, for the nonbeliever, fear and shame will be inevitable.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5208 Jan 28, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Oh but you are mistaken. Fear has nothing to do with believing in God. However, for the nonbeliever, fear and shame will be inevitable.
oh man, do you say this $hit outloud before you type it?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5209 Jan 28, 2014
Oh I completely see why you would not want to hear such things. Regardless, your day will come. Might be tomorrow or it might be 50 years from now but eventually you will meet your maker. Thats a fact

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5211 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
We don't? lol according to you maybe. Its a fallen world. Sin entered this world through Adam and Eve. This isn't heaven and bad things happen. Apparently you think this world IS heaven.

Funny how you want to blame God for all the bad things that go on yet you don't want to give him credit for all the good things.
You have an especially simple mind. Not strong on logic.
If God gets all the credit for good things, he get the credit
for bad also. That's a really cruel or stupid God.

Adam and Eve are fiction.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5212 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Oh I completely see why you would not want to hear such things. Regardless, your day will come. Might be tomorrow or it might be 50 years from now but eventually you will meet your maker. Thats a fact
I dont mind to hear it but im going to point out how you are saying "fear has nothing to do with your God, yet he will burn your hethenistic soul" within the same sentence.

again, with NO PROOF of the existance of such a god or even a soul. it is the selling of an invisible product.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5213 Jan 29, 2014
Look around you Angel. Any normal person can see there is a God. Again, one day you will meet him and have to answer for a lifestyle of denial. You might want to think long and hard about how you want to spend eternity.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5214 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Look around you Angel. Any normal person can see there is a God. Again, one day you will meet him and have to answer for a lifestyle of denial. You might want to think long and hard about how you want to spend eternity.
Funny, but Islam says pretty much the same thing about those who don't profess belief in their god. Straight to hell with the lot of them, no exceptions.

That threat does not bother you, as you persist in denying allah. Why is that? It is because you find the rest of Islam completely unconvincing.

How is it, then, that you cannot understand that atheists find your book of fables to be equally unconvincing. We need more evidence than you can supply. "Any normal person can see..." is not evidence. At one time, every normal person could see that the earth was flat and if you sailed far enough, you'd go over the edge . How did that work out? At one time, every normal person could see that the sun revolved around the earth, pursued by a dragon that planned to eat it. Again, contemporary normal people don't see that at all. At one time, any normal person could see that disease was caused by an imbalance in the 4 humours. Now, not so much.

Funny, isn't it? The more science can explain about how the world works, the less things "any normal person can see" include magic as the explanation. You are perfectly free to reject science and cling to the old beliefs. If you want to live as though you were a bronze age goat herd, that's entirely your business. Do remember your choice the next time you decide you need to see a doctor. Science doesn't seem so bad then, does it?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5215 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I knew that would bring all the crazies out. Do you not realize that your very existence reinforces our belief in God? I mean look at how insane, and crazy you really are. God must indeed be merciful to allow you to even exist
So, you are saying your god, a supposedly perfect being, created all the "insane and crazy" people? From your tone, you believe there's something wrong with those people. So, how did a "perfect" and "all powerful" and "all knowing" being screw up so badly and so often?

For that matter, how do you know that the "insane and crazy" people are not those in his image, and you are not the deviation from the standard?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5218 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I knew that would bring all the crazies out. Do you not realize that your very existence reinforces our belief in God? I mean look at how insane, and crazy you really are. God must indeed be merciful to allow you to even exist
Again anti...does God allow a person to live or due? Does he control those two things?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5219 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I knew that would bring all the crazies out. Do you not realize that your very existence reinforces our belief in God? I mean look at how insane, and crazy you really are. God must indeed be merciful to allow you to even exist
*die
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5220 Jan 29, 2014
who cares about the UK.

Does God allow a person to live or die? Yes I believe He does. Why do some people like you exist and other great people die or endure hardships? I don't know. We can't understand why sometimes.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5221 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
who cares about the UK.
Does God allow a person to live or die? Yes I believe He does. Why do some people like you exist and other great people die or endure hardships? I don't know. We can't understand why sometimes.
It makes no sense if you believe in a deity in control of everything. Once you take the deity out of the equation and realize that events are, not random, but the result of interactions among persons with will and their environment, it makes perfect sense.

If you think of an allegedly benevolent deity doling out cancer willy-nilly with no apparent selection criteria, it makes no sense. If you think of cancer as caused by exposure to carcinogens, it makes sense.

If you think of a benevolent deity permitting someone to be killed by a homicidal maniac, it makes no sense. If you think of homicidal maniacs as independent actors not subject to supernatural restraint, wrong place at the wrong time is a sufficient and understandable explanation for the death.

If you think of a benevolent deity causing or allowing earthquakes to kill people, it makes no sense. If you think of earthquakes as the inevitable result of plate tectonics it makes sense.

Etc. Things make more sense without your god than they do with him.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5222 Jan 29, 2014
Once again you atheists misinterpret and go to the extreme to make what you think is a point. This world is full of sin, disease, and death. Its the result of sin entering this world through Adam and Eve. Honestly, do you really not understand this? 90% of the world believes in God. Do you really think you are right and everyone else is wrong???? Give me a break.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5223 Jan 29, 2014
On another note, it really makes absolutely no sense not to believe in a Creator. Look around you. Do you honestly think all this happened by complete accident? That we someone evolved from basically nothing into this? You guys like to talk about science and facts. Well do you know the odds against something like that happening? What you guys believe is totally unbelievable and silly

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5224 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Once again you atheists misinterpret and go to the extreme to make what you think is a point. This world is full of sin, disease, and death. Its the result of sin entering this world through Adam and Eve. Honestly, do you really not understand this? 90% of the world believes in God. Do you really think you are right and everyone else is wrong???? Give me a break.
Adam and Eve have never existed and we're not created by a invisible skydaddy and sin does not exist

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5225 Jan 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
On another note, it really makes absolutely no sense not to believe in a Creator. Look around you. Do you honestly think all this happened by complete accident? That we someone evolved from basically nothing into this? You guys like to talk about science and facts. Well do you know the odds against something like that happening? What you guys believe is totally unbelievable and silly
you believe in childish things like a invisible skydaddy that created everything by magic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 min yehoshooah adam 3,793
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 25 min Eagle 12 462
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Subduction Zone 30,136
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 70,135
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 hr superwilly 258,471
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 21 hr Eagle 12 12,674
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
More from around the web