'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#5066 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Well see there iseeyou I never mentioned the bible or Christianity. I said homosexuality was unnatural for obvious reasons. Nature did not intend for men to have sex with other men. Part of the human life cycle is to reproduce and gays obviously can't so they have to resort to adopting kids and bringing them up in this lifestyle which is extremely sad. Diseases are higher and the lifestyle is shorter because engaging in gay sex is unhealthy. Its not because of ridicule and causing them to be depressed. All these horrible things and people actually want to promote it because the truth is never told in the media.
^^^^^^^^^^
To all young people who have read this ignorant comment;

this person is a moron. you will encounter sad, lonley and ignorant people like this as you go through life. they have no lives or friends of their own so they dedicate their time, AND THEY HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME to trying to drag others down. do not pay attention to people like this NO ONE ELSE DOES. they will NEVER be happy with their own lives, so they turn angry and try to make others as angry as they are. Its doesn't work though, they will try to drag you down every chance they get. They spend late nights typing hate comment after hate comment. While others are out living their lives and spending time with friends and family these a$$holes spend their lonley patheitc existance wallowing in their own filth, both literally and figuratively.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5067 Jan 18, 2014
oh poor baby. Somebody tells the truth about your warped lifestyle and you piss your pants. Quit trying to indoctrinate our youth
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5068 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
surprise surprise angel is a lesbian. Isn't it ironic that you cry about evidence all the time yet you have no scientific evidence that people are born gay? What a double standard
Who is Angel????? No double standard, its proven and all you have to back you up is a fary tale that does not say where god comes from -------you run from answering since the beginning of this thread because you have no answer. Where did god come from if he was 1st?
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5069 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Well see there iseeyou I never mentioned the bible or Christianity. I said homosexuality was unnatural for obvious reasons. Nature did not intend for men to have sex with other men. Part of the human life cycle is to reproduce and gays obviously can't so they have to resort to adopting kids and bringing them up in this lifestyle which is extremely sad. Diseases are higher and the lifestyle is shorter because engaging in gay sex is unhealthy. Its not because of ridicule and causing them to be depressed. All these horrible things and people actually want to promote it because the truth is never told in the media.
I do not know how long you expect to live but a very prominent Columbus Gay couple that was community and charity oriented, well like by so many, lived to their mid and late 80's and died of natural causes. You do not know crap about which you speak and need to do a legal, accepted study if you are going to spout un-substaniated crap. Go do some good in this world instead of using your hate for others to put them down. BY the way, are you over-weight, truthfuly????

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5070 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Well see there iseeyou I never mentioned the bible or Christianity. I said homosexuality was unnatural for obvious reasons. Nature did not intend for men to have sex with other men. Part of the human life cycle is to reproduce and gays obviously can't so they have to resort to adopting kids and bringing them up in this lifestyle which is extremely sad. Diseases are higher and the lifestyle is shorter because engaging in gay sex is unhealthy. Its not because of ridicule and causing them to be depressed. All these horrible things and people actually want to promote it because the truth is never told in the media.
You know what asshole...I can't take being even semi polite anymore with you. You like to see people lose it, so here it is. It is because of jerks such as yourself that cause the suicide rate to go up in gay teenagers. You are responsible for the death of children that feel like there is something wrong with them because they are gay. You, are the kind of parent that would disown their child as apposed to telling them to be safe when they have sex. Sex is not unnatural. Everyone is attracted to different things and different people and it is not unnatural nor something that you should involve yourself in.

The only reason I brought up your religion is because that is a prominent part if your decision making and the bible is the main book that says that homosexuality is wrong. There is nowhere in a science book that you will read homosexuality is unnatural or wrong because nature shows that it is natural and has been around for thousands and thousands of years....even in the animal kingdom! You and the other idiots who want your opinion to be so right that you ignore the human and see only the AIDS should be ashamed of yourself. Have you ever seen the amount of sexually transmitte diseases out there?!?!?! That are contracted among straight people, not just gay people. You ignore the statistics of everything else, and go straight for the throat of a persons being. You people might as well hold the guns and the nooses for these kids yourself.

Get over yourself and start encouraging safe sex, not throwing yourself into someone else's life choices that don't have a damn thing to do with you.

Response to this will follow with the same type of attitude so be prepared if you choose to respond.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5071 Jan 18, 2014
oh quit crying you little baby.

Throwing myself into someone else's life choices? Well at least you finally admit its a choice. Now stop trying to normalize your sick lifestyle and influencing our kids into thinking they are gay. You can bring down yourself if you want but leave the innocent people out of it.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5072 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh poor baby. Somebody tells the truth about your warped lifestyle and you piss your pants. Quit trying to indoctrinate our youth
On top of all that...someone needs to adopt these kids that are up for adoption and you think you could parent a child better than someone else just because they are gay!?!?!?! I got news for ya! There are many people who are gay who have raised wonderful children. Well before you were even born even. It exists in this universe so therefore is not unnatural. Period.

You shouldn't be surprised that the bible or your religion was brought into this. It's your own beliefs that cause you to be blind to the facts and statistics on this matter. If you actually researched statistics then you would look at all factors, not just HIV and sexually transmitted diseases causing a difference in life spans.

I retract my asshole statement and I apologize, but its hard not to get angry when you have listened to the hearts of these young people who have to deal with people like you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5073 Jan 18, 2014
I think you are the one the is afraid of the facts about homosexuality. We should be discouraging it not encouraging it. Its a dead end lifestyle choice thats sets people up for a lifetime of struggles. Our children shouldn't be encouraged or subjected to this. Its very sad that gays prey on our youth.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#5074 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist hates gays and his sock hates blacks.

I guess there's nothing like being defined by your hatred.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5075 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I think you are the one the is afraid of the facts about homosexuality. We should be discouraging it not encouraging it. Its a dead end lifestyle choice thats sets people up for a lifetime of struggles. Our children shouldn't be encouraged or subjected to this. Its very sad that gays prey on our youth.
It's not a dead end life style for the two people who are in love....or for the two people who want to have the right to share their lives with the person of their choice. I understand people not agreeing with it, but it is not our places to get involved in that manner in someone else life. We do not stipulate other peoples life decisions.

Some children are not encouraged to be gay, they just are gay, and they do not need to be shunned by the adults who they look to for support and guidance and acceptance for who they are. I am not afraid of the fact about homosexuality....I am informed. I also know that there is a way to "inform" someone else of the dangers that can come along with multiple sexual partners and unprotected sex, without making the child or the person feel as though they are disfigured on the inside.

State your opinion to the child or the adult, and offer the information you have, but do not act as though they have a disease when they do not. Do not make them feel as though they are some sort of weird monster, when they are not. Their being gay is not a decision for them, it's who they are in their sexuality, and it's not fair for anyone to try to change that for someone or to make it seem as though it should be changed or could be changed.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5076 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I think you are the one the is afraid of the facts about homosexuality. We should be discouraging it not encouraging it. Its a dead end lifestyle choice thats sets people up for a lifetime of struggles. Our children shouldn't be encouraged or subjected to this. Its very sad that gays prey on our youth.
There are many things that our children should not be subjected to, nor encouraged to do. However, if you don't inform them in a better manner than what your speak shows on here, then you are not only strongly discouraging them from something, but you are also possibly stabbing the person that they truly are. No one should ever want to do that to a child.

Gays do not prey on anyone. That is exactly the kind of thing that I'm talking about. You take a 15 year old child who is attracted to the same sex...tell him that if he/she is gay and since they are gay they will grow up to be a predator of children when they grow up..... if you are someone who is willing to do that, then you are the sick twisted predator... not the child. Sorry, but you are wrong.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5077 Jan 18, 2014
Sorry, but you are wrong. You know darn well that adolescence is a confusing time and kids are very easily influenced. Some of them can be swayed by adults and the media into living a gay lifestyle that will end up harming them for years to come. Its people like you that are responsible for kids becoming involved in a horrible lifestyle. Its people like me that stand up and tell them the truth about it. Quit using kids as pawns to justify your sickness.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5078 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Sorry, but you are wrong. You know darn well that adolescence is a confusing time and kids are very easily influenced. Some of them can be swayed by adults and the media into living a gay lifestyle that will end up harming them for years to come. Its people like you that are responsible for kids becoming involved in a horrible lifestyle. Its people like me that stand up and tell them the truth about it. Quit using kids as pawns to justify your sickness.
Excuse me! You are wrong and I think you need to rethink the way you speak to people on this subject.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5079 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Sorry, but you are wrong. You know darn well that adolescence is a confusing time and kids are very easily influenced. Some of them can be swayed by adults and the media into living a gay lifestyle that will end up harming them for years to come. Its people like you that are responsible for kids becoming involved in a horrible lifestyle. Its people like me that stand up and tell them the truth about it. Quit using kids as pawns to justify your sickness.
I'd like to add that you will be a part of the things that harm them in their years to come. It's people like you, as I stated earlier that cause the most problems in children, and who want to nose around in other peoples lives when they are an adult.

It's people like me who stand up for the children who don't have the support they need from assholes such as yourself, and I don't have a sickness sir. It is you who is sick in the head. Children should never be used as pawns for anything!!!!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5080 Jan 18, 2014
oh miss wonderful again. Encouraging homosexuality in children. Ya great way to help people there iseeyou. Encourage them to live a life riddled with problems as well as a good likelihood they will live a shorter life. Help them get out of that lifestyle, not deeper into. YOU are the problem.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5081 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh miss wonderful again. Encouraging homosexuality in children. Ya great way to help people there iseeyou. Encourage them to live a life riddled with problems as well as a good likelihood they will live a shorter life. Help them get out of that lifestyle, not deeper into. YOU are the problem.
No anti...you are the problem, and you have a problem. Encouraging a child or a person to make educated decisions is what I do. Telling a child or an adult that they will be or are a predator to the youth of the world is what you do. My actions are healthy, your actions are destructive to a person on many different levels.

You are a very big part of a problem.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5082 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh miss wonderful again. Encouraging homosexuality in children. Ya great way to help people there iseeyou. Encourage them to live a life riddled with problems as well as a good likelihood they will live a shorter life. Help them get out of that lifestyle, not deeper into. YOU are the problem.
Might I add again, that it's is no ones place to try to make life choices for someone. Especially when it comes to their life partners. I will also say again, that I think it's disgusting that you would even dare to call a homosexual a sexual predator, much less insinuate to a child that a sexual predator is what they would become if they announce that they are homosexual.

You make your decisions on this matter based on your belief that people are not born this way. Yet you don't know if they are or aren't....and then you proceed to bash how they truly feel as a person.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5083 Jan 18, 2014
well actually I never mentioned sexual predator...you did. How dare I? Ha forget you. Go look at all the cases involved molestation and the Catholic church. The overwhelming majority are gay men praying on young boys. Thats a fact Jack.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5084 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh quit crying you little baby.
Throwing myself into someone else's life choices? Well at least you finally admit its a choice. Now stop trying to normalize your sick lifestyle and influencing our kids into thinking they are gay. You can bring down yourself if you want but leave the innocent people out of it.
You think you are a christian and your own minister would tell you you are not if you had the guts to show him all your writings on here. I knew a child that at 5 years old and knew he would grow up to be gay and he did. He lived in a normal mother/father home and his father was very masculine without ever being abusive. They practically lived at the church so he was brought up in a religious enviroment. He became a college music instructor and lived with his partner since he was 25, now 58 and still same partner. Guess what, he retired and came back home to become choir director/pianist/organist at the biggest church in a town of 18,000. He did not influence anyone to be gay just as no one influenced you to be straight. I do think someone must have influenced/taught you to be STUPID though. What anyone is is none of your business, the only one you have control over is yourself so worry about your own being and no one else. Run your own life and let others run theirs. WHERE DID GOD COME FROM----YOU ARE CHICKEN NOT TO ANSWER---DON'T KNOW DO YOU=CAN'T FIND IT IN THE BIBLE CAN YOU?????
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5085 Jan 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
well actually I never mentioned sexual predator...you did. How dare I? Ha forget you. Go look at all the cases involved molestation and the Catholic church. The overwhelming majority are gay men praying on young boys. Thats a fact Jack.
YOUR IQ MUST BE MINUS 100 you are so dumb. Can you read, if you can look up pedaphile which is intirely different than being gay. Gay men or women do not molest any more than straight men or women. A sick sick mentally disturbed person that prefers sex with children is a pedaphile. Do you have children because if you do I"ll bet they really have mentally problems after being raised by you and all your sick propaganda. THATS A FACT JACKASS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min positronium 87,273
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Sat superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web