'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5024 Jan 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
can you explain to me why many people go back and forth between gay and straight? Its a choice. Plain and simple
Where are you getting your info? Are you going back and forth on sex or just peeking through other peoples windows? Don't talk about things you have not personally seen, otherwise its called gossip. There is no choice in whether you are gay or straight, if I threatened you with harm if you did not go to bed with the same sex, could you????? Gays feel disgust at the thought of sex with the opposite sex just as straights feel disgust at the thought of going to the same sex. You rely on scientists to study and come up with cures or medicine for diseases and believe them when you get a flu shot or anything medical to save your life but you won't believe the same scientific research done that says gays are born gay. So, don't believe the latter, don't do any of the former because you just can't trust those scientist to be correct in their findings. Just rely on god to heal you and cross your fingers.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5025 Jan 16, 2014
bisexual? Ha...another good one. You have people going back and forth all the time because somehow its been made the "cool" thing to do. Its a choice. Case closed.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5026 Jan 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
bisexual? Ha...another good one. You have people going back and forth all the time because somehow its been made the "cool" thing to do. Its a choice. Case closed.
Yes, bisexual and it's not just a choice to be sexually attracted to someone. You either are, or you aren't. If you are a male, then you did not choose to be attracted to your wife... the chemicals in your body told you that you were sexually attracted to her A. because she is female and B. because you like her as a person. If what you are saying is a closed case, then if you are a male yourself, you are also attracted to the opposite sex, but you "choose" to not act upon it. That is not the case I'm sure..... and that is "Case Closed".

Location hidden

#5027 Jan 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
correction...if what you say is true....if you yourself are a male, then that means that you are attracted to the *same sex, and you choose not to act on it.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5028 Jan 16, 2014
iseeyou what the heck are you talking about? You must be on drugs. Now, if you are born gay then please direct me to the scientific evidence that has concluded that this is true. I'll be waiting
Richardfs

Australia

#5029 Jan 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou what the heck are you talking about? You must be on drugs. Now, if you are born gay then please direct me to the scientific evidence that has concluded that this is true. I'll be waiting
I used to work in theater and have meet innumerable gays not one of them ever said they chose to be gay.

So in short your post is just more made up BS from a ignorant godbot.

But that's OK because all godbots are the same, you all say:-
"You are not like me therefore I hate you."

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#5030 Jan 16, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to work in theater and have meet innumerable gays not one of them ever said they chose to be gay.
So in short your post is just more made up BS from a ignorant godbot.
But that's OK because all godbots are the same, you all say:-
"You are not like me therefore I hate you."
For some believers it's a case of "you are not like me, therefore, I kill you".

After all, they're the ones whose holy book contains instruction to kill people.

Location hidden

#5031 Jan 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
lol....why must I be on drugs? I don't think that it takes scientific evidence to conclude that your statement that it's just a choice must be false. If so then you being straight would mean that you "could be attracted to the same sex", but you "choose" not to be.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#5032 Jan 16, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....why must I be on drugs? I don't think that it takes scientific evidence to conclude that your statement that it's just a choice must be false. If so then you being straight would mean that you "could be attracted to the same sex", but you "choose" not to be.
Nicely put

If it was a choice (and judging by the seething rants from the xtians - a serious one) why didn't the bible god list it under his many "Thou shalt not's"?

When it comes to killing, stealing, what god to worship, keeping slaves, what food to eat, what clothes to wear, etc; the god of the bible tells his believers just what choice to make.

He does not do this in matters of homosexuality.

Why?

Because a person's sexuality is not a choice.

I wonder at what point in his deluded life did antiatheist choose not to be gay?

Location hidden

#5034 Jan 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Faulting logic.
I think you meant faulty logic.... I'm curious... how do you find this faulty?
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#5035 Jan 17, 2014
Human Observer wrote:
<quoted text>

You will discover what most women already know .......... attracting a man is easier than breathing. A female can't get too fat nor ugly to find herself* a permanent hook-up. Some man is gonna want her more than life itself.
You have extremely low standards.
If they don't say much during sex with
you, perhaps you should check the species.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5036 Jan 17, 2014
anyone, please, show me the conclusive evidence that you are born gay

Talihina, OK

#5037 Jan 17, 2014
The true purpose of religion:

http://imgur.com/lIarzhk

Talihina, OK

#5038 Jan 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
anyone, please, show me the conclusive evidence that you are born straight
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5039 Jan 17, 2014
I'm still waiting for this scientific evidence that you are born gay

Location hidden

#5040 Jan 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Can you show conclusive evidence if being born straight???

Location hidden

#5041 Jan 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I'm still waiting for this scientific evidence that you are born gay
There is no scientific evidence for being born "straight" or "gay". You have no argument except for, "some" People think its choice and some people think a person is born that way.

It's in my opinion that they are born that way, and I base that on the fact that many many many people will say that they, even as a child, felt an attraction to the same sex.

I personally felt an attraction to females even before I knew what a lesbian was, or what being bisexual meant.

You can be opinionated on this matter, but when it comes down to it, religious or not, it's not your place to track the reasoning down, nor even care as to what a persons sexual preferences are.

So why do you?
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#5042 Jan 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Just google it--------Direct me to the scientic evidence that says where God came from.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#5043 Jan 17, 2014
surprise surprise angel is a lesbian. Isn't it ironic that you cry about evidence all the time yet you have no scientific evidence that people are born gay? What a double standard
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5044 Jan 17, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
can you explain to me why many people go back and forth between gay and straight? Its a choice. Plain and simple
Because some gay people cannot admit to themselves that they are gay. They date, sometimes they marry, sometimes even have kids. Some eventually reach a point where they can't keep up the denial any more, and they come out. Some knew all along that they were gay, but felt they couldn't deal with bigots like you, so they hid who they were. Perhaps even a closet case like yourself will reach a point where you can't lie to yourself anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I quit atheism 5 min Thinking 679
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 18,449
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 43,083
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr Avkjv1611 792
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr NightSerf 3,819
There is no meaning without God (Jul '15) 5 hr Richardfs 47
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Eagle 12 5,663
A Universe from Nothing? 11 hr Eagle 12 417
More from around the web