'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 20 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4881 Jan 12, 2014
I know the UK is a decade behind but the term "owned" is about 20 yrs out of date.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4882 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
sounds like you are blaming a God you supposedly don't believe in. Typical atheist
You didn't answer the question anti.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4883 Jan 12, 2014
I don't have to answer your question iseeyou. Sound familiar?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4884 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I know the UK is a decade behind but the term "owned" is about 20 yrs out of date.
That's the third time you've mentioned my use of that term.

Clearly, it riles you.

In which case I'll keep right on using it.

In any event, my use of that term is bang up-to-date when compared to your barbaric late Iron Age world view.

Nottingham, UK

#4885 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I don't have to answer your question iseeyou. Sound familiar?
You never answer questions because you're always being owned.

Nottingham, UK

#4886 Jan 12, 2014
By antiatheist's own admission - his god kills everyone.

He calls that "love"
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4887 Jan 12, 2014
sorry kh that was only my first mention of you using that worn out term. Please try and pay attention to who you are talking to. God kills everyone? Ha........now you are blaming God for death. I don't know why I'm even having a conversation with you. You honestly don't deserve the attention.

Nottingham, UK

#4888 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
sorry kh that was only my first mention of you using that worn out term. Please try and pay attention to who you are talking to. God kills everyone? Ha........now you are blaming God for death. I don't know why I'm even having a conversation with you. You honestly don't deserve the attention.
Nah, you and your sock said it.

Blaming your god for death?

Of course I am, although I'm just echoing your own words where you admitted that your god kills people.

Of course I don't believe in your superstitious mumbo jmbo and ju-ju but I do enjoy taking you on at your own game.

Think of me as the away team, taking on and beating the home team on their own turf.

Nottingham, UK

#4889 Jan 12, 2014
Let's have a look at the bible then.

I wonder what believers see in it.

I'll just go to one of those random bible verse sites and see what comes up....

2 Corinthians 11:14

"Anyone caught sniffing the ladies seats outside the tabernacle shall be stoned"

Weird

Location hidden

#4890 Jan 12, 2014
Anti said:
God is allowing you to live isn't he? I would say thats pretty darn compassionate. He probably should have done away with you years ago

Does this mean that you believe that god makes the decisions on who lives and who dies?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4891 Jan 12, 2014
answer my questions iseeyou then maybe I'll entertain yours.

Location hidden

#4892 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
answer my questions iseeyou then maybe I'll entertain yours.
What were your questions? I thought I answered all of yours in the last conversation...????
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4893 Jan 12, 2014
oh quit playing dumb isee. Why don't you call up your in laws and have your little conversations about God and your atheism.

Location hidden

#4894 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh quit playing dumb isee. Why don't you call up your in laws and have your little conversations about God and your atheism.
Ok anti...I'll do that.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4895 Jan 12, 2014
I highly doubt that.

Location hidden

#4896 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I highly doubt that.
You are wise to doubt that lol!
Lisa

United States

#4897 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
The Bible does say "the wages of sin is death" since no one but Christ was sinless that makes the rest us 'sinners' doesn't it?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4898 Jan 12, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that's exactly what he's saying.
The fool believes that every single death is down to his invisible sky pixie.
How his heart must rejoice everytime a wide-eyed little girl dies from leukaemia.
You have an inflated sense of self-importance.
Especially for someone named after a pit of a town in South Africa.
You have to be black. Understandably necessary for you to
imagine importance.

I believe in the visible class system.
Where in England the scum are kept in their place.
You have first hand experience I'm certain.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4899 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
sounds like you are blaming a God you supposedly don't believe in. Typical atheist
Read it again, we think you are saying YOU believe in a god that you say decides who lives and who dies/that he kills. If you do you are the fool not us.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4900 Jan 12, 2014
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does say "the wages of sin is death" since no one but Christ was sinless that makes the rest us 'sinners' doesn't it?
ONLY if you believe in FAIREY TALES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 238,404
News Confessions of a black atheist 11 min Patrick 477
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Patrick 18,863
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 18 min Patrick 2,096
News .com | What hope is there without God? 2 hr geezerjock 1
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 3 hr Pete-o 7,409
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr ChristineM 6,694
More from around the web