'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#4861 Jan 11, 2014
Here's what the bible instructs believers to do when someone contracts leprosy...

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away.

Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe.

Repeat.

Finally, find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird's blood. Wipe some blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

Thanks to science, the diagnosis and treatment of leprosy is many times more successful than the the god of the bible's divine method.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Areyoureallyanad ult

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#4862 Jan 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha.........I love it. Al Gore says the polar ice caps would melt in five years and you can't stand it because he was obviously wrong. "Soon" in the grand scheme of things could easily mean thousands of years. Your owning continues. I'm actually embarrassed for you
He did not say this, he said some models project in 5 to 7 years that the north polar cap could ice free in the summertime, which also our Navy is predicting to happen by 2016. All this means is that due to rising temperatures in the summertime and due to the temperature increases from climate change over the decades that the ice will melt and the artic will be navigable. It doesn't mean at the stroke of midnight on new years eve 2014 all Ice would disappear from Antarctica. All of the time tables for these predictions may not be accurate down to the second but nobody can deny rising temperatures and the polar ice caps have shrunk 9% each decade. Only the ignorant still deny climate change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarforOil

Rowlett, TX

#4863 Jan 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course, any further posts from you will demonstrate how I've managed to get under your skin so much so that you're obsessed and can't ignore me.

Have a nice day
You have an inflated sense of self-importance.
Especially for someone named after a pit of a town in South Africa.
You have to be black. Understandably necessary for you to
imagine importance.

Actually I'm not attracted to you as an individual.
Stupidity and ignorance are the draw.
You get noticed.

I may be the only person who notices you.
Enjoy the attention.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cambridge, UK

#4864 Jan 11, 2014
Areyoureallyanadult wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not say this, he said some models project in 5 to 7 years that the north polar cap could ice free in the summertime, which also our Navy is predicting to happen by 2016. All this means is that due to rising temperatures in the summertime and due to the temperature increases from climate change over the decades that the ice will melt and the artic will be navigable. It doesn't mean at the stroke of midnight on new years eve 2014 all Ice would disappear from Antarctica. All of the time tables for these predictions may not be accurate down to the second but nobody can deny rising temperatures and the polar ice caps have shrunk 9% each decade. Only the ignorant still deny climate change.
Hardly surprising.

First he said Al Gore was a scientist then he said he wasn't one.

Furthermore, he appears to be unable to cite any reference or be able to quote what Al Gore said.

Why do fundies lie so much?

Perhaps they're just miffed at having to worship someone whose name is a swear word.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cambridge, UK

#4865 Jan 11, 2014
Of course being a Christian doesn't just mean that you worship your god but you also get to eat him as well.

Welcome to the whacky, surreal world of the fundie.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cambridge, UK

#4866 Jan 11, 2014
Mind you, it must have been pretty tense at that Last Supper dinner table. What with Jesus likening the meal to his body parts.

I bet no one touched the meatballs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4867 Jan 11, 2014
Its colder now than its ever been and the ice isn't melting. Al Gore is only trying to sell books and make money from speaking engagements. Again, science was wrong this time and it won't be the last.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sam

United States

#4868 Jan 11, 2014
I profoundly disagree that's this is the coldest it's been on Earth because that is patently false. But I do agree that the last 17 years the whole global warming alarmist theories are skewed. The last mission by warming alarmist scientists 'expected and prognosticated they would find huge melting ice flows that's why they went there in the first place to document this forecasted occurrence.

Instead they get stuck in the vast extraordinary thick ice that "Ice Breakers" couldn't get through finally ended up rescuing them via helicopters.

Al Gore is a opportunist and he's made millions by lying to millions.

LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4869 Jan 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Its colder now than its ever been and the ice isn't melting. Al Gore is only trying to sell books and make money from speaking engagements. Again, science was wrong this time and it won't be the last.
You agree that Al Gore isn't a scientist. So we are back to my original question. Name an actual scientist who wrote that the ice caps would melt in 5 years. With a verifiable citation. No? Didn't think so. I guess once you've made up an all powerful invisible man in the sky, all the smaller lies aren't such a big deal, eh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4870 Jan 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for your regular owning..
Compare the accuracy of Al Gore's statement about the melting polar ice to the biblical accuracy of the non- return of Jesus.
"Soon" has turned into thousands of years.
Al Gore was way more accurate than your god.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/thi...
Apparently, anti atheist thinks there are some 2,000 plus year olds living in the Middle East. After all, his wholly babble quotes Jesus as telling people that some people who heard him speak would live to see his return. How did that prediction work out?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Surprise

Chillicothe, OH

#4871 Jan 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I think the evidence is overwhelming that God does exist...yes.
Please enlighten us all and tell us what hard indisputable proof you have or should I say evidence?
Surprise

Chillicothe, OH

#4872 Jan 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
thinking you atheists will never get it. You somehow expect there to be no suffering in this fallen world. Thats your evidence for no compassionate God? Give me a break. You are desperate
I watched a minister, a very good one who read the bible daily, helped anyone and everyone who needed his help regardless of their belief, put God first in his life, almost afraid to breath or it might not be what god wanted him to do. First he lost his 8 year old son to a drunk driver and forgave the drunk because god wanted him to, next he watched his wife battle breast cancer and go through unbelieveable pain even though several churches had constant prayer chains going, after 5 years he lost her, she weighed 52 lbs when she died, down from her wedding weight of 122lbs. And then your god wasn't through with this man who had so faithfully served and believed, he thought he would torture him more and and he led a long 10 year horrible downhill battle with parkinson disease. So if a true christian that unquestionable serves god and follows his word without question and then he has to suffer all this when your so called god had the power to change any of this why would everyday non ministers even bother to pray, there are no answers and no help and certainly NO COMPASSION.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4873 Jan 11, 2014
God is allowing you to live isn't he? I would say thats pretty darn compassionate. He probably should have done away with you years ago

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4874 Jan 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
God is allowing you to live isn't he? I would say thats pretty darn compassionate. He probably should have done away with you years ago
So wait...are you saying that god is the one that kills and lets live??? Are you saying that he controls these things???

Cambridge, UK

#4875 Jan 12, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
So wait...are you saying that god is the one that kills and lets live??? Are you saying that he controls these things???
I'd say that's exactly what he's saying.

The fool believes that every single death is down to his invisible sky pixie.

How his heart must rejoice everytime a wide-eyed little girl dies from leukaemia.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4876 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Who you talking to?????????? So you are saying God controls these things so I tell you that if that is the case in YOUR eyes than God is worse than satan, letting innocent babies and trusting souls who believe the bible that touts him, suffer immeasurable pain before finally dying. Hope He decides you are the next in line for unending long term pain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4877 Jan 12, 2014
sounds like you are blaming a God you supposedly don't believe in. Typical atheist

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4878 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
sounds like you are blaming a God you supposedly don't believe in. Typical atheist
Sounds like you're lying about god you don't prove.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4879 Jan 12, 2014
Jim your therapist just called and said he quits. You are even too crazy for him to help you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cambridge, UK

#4880 Jan 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Sounds like you've been owned again. Typical fundie.

Tell us how you believe that it's your god who kills people.

Come on, don't be shy.

The floor is yours.

As long as you don't mind being used as a mop.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Joncy David 45,515
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 23 min Paul WV-Uncle Sam 306
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 31 min Eagle 12 21,393
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Thinking 20,245
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,334
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 5 hr Thinking 545
News How to Fight Extremism with Atheism 5 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web