'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4841 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha.........I love it. Al Gore says the polar ice caps would melt in five years and you can't stand it because he was obviously wrong. "Soon" in the grand scheme of things could easily mean thousands of years. Your owning continues. I'm actually embarrassed for you
Time for your regular owning...

"Soon" easily means thousands of years?

Right

Just like "love" means creating a gigantic torture pit and filling it up with monsters and demons and having them torture billions of people for all eternity.

Man, you fundies are batshit crazy.

Let's have another look at "soon"

When the author of Revelations said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, more than two thousand years later.

REV 22:20

Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.

1 Thess. 4:15-17

Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near" is not over two thousand years.

Mark 1:15

Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?

Luke 3: 7-9
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4842 Jan 10, 2014
lol you sure are squirming. Can't defend your scientist Al Gore huh? Now if Al would have said the ice caps would be melting soon, it would have been much better for him. He said 5 years. Case closed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Nottingham, UK

#4843 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
lol you sure are squirming. Can't defend your scientist Al Gore huh? Now if Al would have said the ice caps would be melting soon, it would have been much better for him. He said 5 years. Case closed.
Squirming?

I'm not the one who runs away from questions. Perhaps you should go back and answer all the questions you're afraid to answer before you say more dumb stuff.

What was it your Jesus guy was supposed to have said about taking the beam out of your own eye?

Anyway, even if the caps went in 50 years it would still be more accurate than the bible.

Oh yeah, who said Al Gore was a scientist?

Not me

That was you.

Why do you lie?

Is it "Lies for Jesus Week" in your church?

Nottingham, UK

#4844 Jan 10, 2014
Still there?

Show me where Al Gore said the ice caps will have melted in five years.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4845 Jan 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Time for your regular owning..
How many years have you been 13.
'Owing' hasn't been popular since the early 90's.
Are still enamored with the term ' tubular ' too.

I didn't know you could access TOPIX with an Atari.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4846 Jan 10, 2014
khatru apparently you don't have television over there in the UK and you must only be able to access topix on your computer. Do some research.....it took me about 1 minutes to locate Gores quotes.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4847 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Al Gore said, and I quote,“the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” He made this claim in 2008 and it was based off what he obviously thought was science. Just another example of scientists pushing their agenda and idiots like Gore believing it. Do I need to give more examples of so called scientists being wrong? I could give many
LOL! Al Gore is a scientist? Who knew?

According to every biography I've ever seen, he graduated from Harvard with a degree in government.Gore earned an A on his thesis, "The Impact of Television on the Conduct of the Presidency, 1947-1969", a scholarly topic, but not one most people would confuse with science.

When he left the military, he attended Vanderbilt University Divinity School, which may be the polar opposite of a science education, for two years.

He then attended law school at Vanderbilt. The law can be a challenging profession, but not one usually lumped in with the sciences. Last I checked, law schools didn't offer any science classes, and the closest they come to a math class is classes on tax law.

He served 16 years in Congress. While former astronaut John Glenn also served there, the Halls of Congress are not populated with rocket scientists, and few successful experiments have been conducted in Congress.

He served 8 years as Vice-President. No one who served as Vice President was ever nominated for a Nobel Prize in any of the science categories.(After he left the Vice Presidency, Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize, but that is not normally considered one of the science categories.)

Gore did a lot of committee work on environmental issues while in Congress, but being on an environmental committee doesn't make him a scientist any more than Michelle Bachman's service on the House Intelligence Committee made her intelligent.

So, try again, and try to come up with an actual scientist, not someone who plays one on TV.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4848 Jan 10, 2014
Honestly you guys can't be this dumb. Can you? Al Gore is no scientist. However, he based his statements on "scientific evidence" that turned out to be completely wrong. You guys are no scientist, but you are basing your opinions on what you think is scientific evidence. See the correlation? Of course you don't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4849 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
khatru apparently you don't have television over there in the UK and you must only be able to access topix on your computer.

Do some research.....it took me about 1 minutes to locate Gores quotes.
They have TV in the UK. I've been there numerous times.
But the people aren't too sharp. Most of the bright ones
left long ago.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4850 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Honestly you guys can't be this dumb. Can you? Al Gore is no scientist. However, he based his statements on "scientific evidence" that turned out to be completely wrong. You guys are no scientist, but you are basing your opinions on what you think is scientific evidence. See the correlation? Of course you don't.
AND you are basing your opinions on fairy tales---------Where did God come from, who made him so he could do all his creating? Where is your evidence of anything you say------ever see jesus? ever see god? Do you believe the story of the three little pigs too?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4851 Jan 10, 2014
nice job of deflecting the real issue of scientists being wrong about this issue. Sorry charlie

Nottingham, UK

#4852 Jan 10, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
How many years have you been 13.
'Owing' hasn't been popular since the early 90's.
Are still enamored with the term ' tubular ' too.
I didn't know you could access TOPIX with an Atari.
I couldn't care less about what's popular.

I knew it would rile you and it looks like I was right because you've gone from ignoring me to mentioning my use of owning at least twice.

I'll just carry on owning you.

After all, you make it so easy.

Nottingham, UK

#4853 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
khatru apparently you don't have television over there in the UK and you must only be able to access topix on your computer. Do some research.....it took me about 1 minutes to locate Gores quotes.
Then cite your sources and reference your quotes.

The onus is on you.

Just like it's on you fundies to show your god that you keep asserting. Something that you're wholly unable to do.

Nottingham, UK

#4854 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Al Gore is no scientist?

Just a few posts ago you were claiming he was a scientist.

Now you're saying he isn't one.

Stop flip-flopping and make your mind up on this.

Ah, I'm sorry about that. I forgot that your uncertainty is just you mirroring the uncertainty of your beliefs.

Pity the poor fundies.

Theirs is ever the divinity of doubt as set out in that lexicon of futility known asl the bible.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4855 Jan 10, 2014
khatru you have a dummy as a picture. Need I say more?

Nottingham, UK

#4856 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
khatru you have a dummy as a picture. Need I say more?
No, your failure to refute is there for all to see.

Now, shouldn't you better get back to muttering at the ceiling fan?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4857 Jan 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

I couldn't care less about what's popular.

The onus is on you.

I'll just carry on owning you.
Now the pictures clear.
You're an ancient trying to fake mod.

You misuse outdated slang such as ' owning ' and
are familiar with ancient terms like ' onus '.

' Onus ' isn't used anymore outside of nursing homes.

Clearly your opinions are as flat as the earth you believe in.

Nottingham, UK

#4858 Jan 11, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the pictures clear.
You're an ancient trying to fake mod.
You misuse outdated slang such as ' owning ' and
are familiar with ancient terms like ' onus '.
' Onus ' isn't used anymore outside of nursing homes.
Clearly your opinions are as flat as the earth you believe in.
Take it to the linguistics forum.

Now, try and stay on topic.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4859 Jan 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Take it to the linguistics forum.
Now, try and stay on topic.
True it's too much to expect you to benefit.
And a stunned silence says worlds.

The topix of this forum is stupidity.
And your type are the centerpiece.
Stupidity has two sources, lack of education
and bad genes. Sometimes both can happen
in one black Khatru.

Nottingham, UK

#4860 Jan 11, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
True it's too much to expect you to benefit.
And a stunned silence says worlds.
The topix of this forum is stupidity.
And your type are the centerpiece.
Stupidity has two sources, lack of education
and bad genes. Sometimes both can happen
in one black Khatru.
Actually, the topic of this forum is all about how you don't need a god. Looks like you need lessons in comprehension.

Don't worry though, I'm all for fair treatment - when I say "god" I mean yours and anyone else's god.

The stupid part comes from your belief that you can't be good without Jesus which, of course, makes you a bit of a dick.

Anyway, carry on and look increasingly idiotic if you like.

You'll get no replies out of me.

Of course, any further posts from you will demonstrate how I've managed to get under your skin so much so that you're obsessed and can't ignore me.

Have a nice day

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 min Patrick 176
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Eagle 12 227,297
What Bums Me Out Most About Being an Atheist 46 min californio 88
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Eman 21,903
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr susanblange 119
Stump a theist with 2 questions 6 hr NightSerf 9
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 7 hr TheHeadlines 28
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••