'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4821 Jan 9, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
Plenty of atheists have done good without religion
Yes they have
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4822 Jan 10, 2014
Some form of deity somewhere might exist but I know 100% for sure there is no all powerful compassionate god because there is evidence of avoidable suffering.
antiatheist wrote:
Are you saying God might exist?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4823 Jan 10, 2014
thinking you atheists will never get it. You somehow expect there to be no suffering in this fallen world. Thats your evidence for no compassionate God? Give me a break. You are desperate
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4824 Jan 10, 2014
No, you're desperate.
I'm pragmatic.
antiatheist wrote:
thinking you atheists will never get it. You somehow expect there to be no suffering in this fallen world. Thats your evidence for no compassionate God? Give me a break. You are desperate
Lisa

United States

#4825 Jan 10, 2014
Finally definitive proof for all you skeptics...

http://www.space.com/24225-hand-of-god-photo-...
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4826 Jan 10, 2014
More evidence here:

http://yotamak.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c145e53e...
Lisa wrote:
Lisa

United States

#4827 Jan 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
More evidence here:
http://yotamak.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c145e53e...
<quoted text>
Sorry couldn't access your link my system flagged it as a security risk. Frankly I expected someone to post it was all a CGI conspiracy by NASA.

lol
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4828 Jan 10, 2014
thinking....your hate overrides what little intelligence you might possess. I almost feel dirty responding to someone who is obviously a borderline retarded individual.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4829 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Its nice that you care about Atheists and think you can *save* them from their *ways*. But it is also very naive of you.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4830 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
thinking....your hate overrides what little intelligence you might possess. I almost feel dirty responding to someone who is obviously a borderline retarded individual.
Yet here you are, replying again and again, without any evidence of the god you're lying about.
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4831 Jan 10, 2014
Coincidence does not indicate design.
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry couldn't access your link my system flagged it as a security risk. Frankly I expected someone to post it was all a CGI conspiracy by NASA.
lol
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4832 Jan 10, 2014
I'm not the dozy moron that left an unguarded tree of knowledge in a garden of Eden where your had just one choice: to fail.

I'm also not the vindictive moron, that according to your scripture, is punishing generations of children yet unborn.
antiatheist wrote:
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4833 Jan 10, 2014
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
It must be frustrating for you to lie about god all the time to save your face.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4834 Jan 10, 2014
Lisa wrote:
Did you bother to read the photo's caption? Scientists said it is a photo (actually an X-ray image) showing a release of energy from the explosion of a star. It resembles a "hand of god" the same way card 5 of the Rorshach test resembles a butterfly. Of course, for those who believe in a disembodied spirit, resemblance to any human anatomy is not proof of a deity at all.

Just another example where if you already believe, you can project your belief onto the picture and "see" what you want to see, while, if you don't already believe, the response is nore or less "meh".
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4835 Jan 10, 2014
wasn't it scientists that said the polar ice caps would be melted by now???? This is what happens when agenda overrides reality.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4836 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wasn't it scientists that said the polar ice caps would be melted by now???? This is what happens when agenda overrides reality.
Cite a specific source identifying a specific scientist or body of scientists who made such a claim, or admit that you just pulled this out of your arse.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4837 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wasn't it scientists that said the polar ice caps would be melted by now????
This is what happens when agenda overrides reality.
If you watched more than 5 minutes of PBS, you'd know no one said
the polar icecap should already be melted. Okies are OK for hours of
FOX News but get headaches whenever they watch public television.

You would sound smarter if you were silent.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4838 Jan 10, 2014
Al Gore said, and I quote,“the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” He made this claim in 2008 and it was based off what he obviously thought was science. Just another example of scientists pushing their agenda and idiots like Gore believing it. Do I need to give more examples of so called scientists being wrong? I could give many

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#4839 Jan 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Al Gore said, and I quote,“the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” He made this claim in 2008 and it was based off what he obviously thought was science. Just another example of scientists pushing their agenda and idiots like Gore believing it. Do I need to give more examples of so called scientists being wrong? I could give many
Time for your regular owning..

Compare the accuracy of Al Gore's statement about the melting polar ice to the biblical accuracy of the non- return of Jesus.

"Soon" has turned into thousands of years.

Al Gore was way more accurate than your god.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/thi...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4840 Jan 10, 2014
ha.........I love it. Al Gore says the polar ice caps would melt in five years and you can't stand it because he was obviously wrong. "Soon" in the grand scheme of things could easily mean thousands of years. Your owning continues. I'm actually embarrassed for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 14,830
News Is Atheism Just a Religion In Disguise? (Feb '08) 2 min Reason Personified 33
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min The Northener 33,974
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 255,491
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 4,463
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr Eagle 12 259
Reasoning with Insanity 1 hr Eagle 12 38
More from around the web