'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4781 Jan 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"If you had seen the things he has seen you might make the same decision."

Those were your exact words. The logical question is what things has he seen?
Yes...that is the question that would be expected, but as I said, I don't wish to argue with you by telling you his many different reasons he's chosen to be an atheist.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4782 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you talking about the same scientists that gave us piltdown man? How about the ones that told us the ice caps would be melted by now? I could go on and on. Never put your faith in men
People that deny science, are just an embarassment to humanity.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4783 Jan 9, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...that is the question that would be expected, but as I said, I don't wish to argue with you by telling you his many different reasons he's chosen to be an atheist.
antiatheist is a Creationist Cult member and a troll.

He ignores scientific facts and tries to ridicule them instead of providing any evidence of his own.
WarForOil

Glen Burnie, MD

#4784 Jan 9, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>

Its because you're an ignorant Cult Member that you support Hitler
Hitler did more good than harm, Jim.
You should like him too.
You're not Jewish are you Jim ?

He also did things for people with simple minds like you, Jim.
There are many fewer mentally defective people in Germany
now than before Hitler. He fixed them. You can be fixed too.

You want to meet God don't you Jim.
Thinking

Blaenau-ffestiniog, UK

#4785 Jan 9, 2014
You can do better than that. Hopefully.
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler did more good than harm, Jim.
You should like him too.
You're not Jewish are you Jim ?
He also did things for people with simple minds like you, Jim.
There are many fewer mentally defective people in Germany
now than before Hitler. He fixed them. You can be fixed too.
You want to meet God don't you Jim.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4786 Jan 9, 2014
ha......well don't make statements if you can't back them up

Location hidden

#4787 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha......well don't make statements if you can't back them up
I'll make any statement that I choose too. You are not owed a personal explanation of any kind from me. You really should step off your soap box.
Surprise

Chillicothe, OH

#4788 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
my guess is more than half of you, wait, all of you rarely do squat for anyone. Its easy to get on here and start talking about all you do but you have no proof of it. Whatever you have done, its not enough. You still sin on a daily basis and only Jesus can save you of that.
I have read all of posts and it sounds as if you consider yourself god and judge other people. You are not a nice person and that is plain to see. Why do you think only you are right and unless others believe exactly as you they are not only wrong but stupid too. I notice that you refuse to answer the question asked : Where Did God come from? That shows you are the one with the low IQ-----untill you answer Were God came from----nothing you say on here means diddly squat!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4789 Jan 9, 2014
"Were God came from"? Learn to spell first before I can take you seriously.

oh suddenly iseeyou doesn't wanna explain her comments yet she cries when I don't answer her questions. Pretty hypocritical

Location hidden

#4790 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:

oh suddenly iseeyou doesn't wanna explain her comments yet she cries when I don't answer her questions. Pretty hypocritical
Oh I'm sorry anti...you're right...that is hypocritical of me lol...especially since you're whining cause I'm doing the same thing, that you do all the time (not answering a question. Oh except I'm an adult and I'm actually telling you that the reason I'm not answering your question is because I don't want to argue with you, and I know that's what will happen.

;-) sucks don't it lol
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4791 Jan 9, 2014
your excuse is you don't owe me an explanation? Ha ya real adult. You were the one that brought up your in laws and your husbands atheism. You are also the one that brought up the "if you had seen what he has" nonsense. Sounds like quite a pair

Location hidden

#4792 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
your excuse is you don't owe me an explanation? Ha ya real adult. You were the one that brought up your in laws and your husbands atheism. You are also the one that brought up the "if you had seen what he has" nonsense. Sounds like quite a pair
Apparently the words "maybe" and "possibly" do not mean the same thing to you as they do to me. Either way, it's still nothing that I choose to discuss with you lol...yes I certainly did bring up my in laws :-). It's always my favorite when you pay attention :-). However that post was in response to someone else, and if he asked me the same questions I would still not be required to answer them.... And he may even have more maturity about that than you my dear ;-)

Also, my statement is "that I do not owe you any conversation at all". It's not an excuse darlin, that is fact!:-)....and my relationship can't "sound" like anything to you because I have told you nothing of it that you could correctly make a judgement lol...but just so you know...we are quite a happy married pair ;-).

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4793 Jan 9, 2014
Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions. The ancient world was rife with tales of virgin births, miracle-working saviors, tripartite gods, gods taking human form, gods arising from the dead, heavens and hells, and days of judgment. In addition to the myths, many of the ceremonies of ancient religions also match those of that syncretic latecomer, Christianity. To cite but one example (there are many others), consider Mithraism, a Persian religion predating Christianity by centuries. Mithra, the savior of the Mithraic religion and a god who took human form, was born of a virgin; he belonged to the holy trinity and was a link between heaven and Earth; and he ascended into heaven after his death. His followers believed in heaven and hell, looked forward to a day of judgment, and referred to Mithra as "the Light of the World." They also practiced baptism (for purification purposes) and ritual cannibalism—the eating of bread and the drinking of wine to symbolize the eating and drinking of the god’s body and blood. Given all this, Mithra's birthday should come as no surprise: December 25th; this event was, of course, celebrated by Mithra’s followers at midnight.

Mithraism is but the most striking example of the appearance of these myth
antiatheist wrote:
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4794 Jan 9, 2014
oh I'm quite sure you are made for one another. That I am not doubting. I think most people would wonder what makes the son of missionaries become an atheist. Now is your time to shine....
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4795 Jan 9, 2014
swerty please spare me the atheist talking points. You are simply talking out of your butt

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#4796 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you talking about the same scientists that gave us piltdown man? How about the ones that told us the ice caps would be melted by now? I could go on and on. Never put your faith in men
Time for your regular owning.

Scientists didn't give us Piltdown Man it was creationist hoaxers.

Scientists uncovered the hoax. Yes, science is that good.

If you want real and tangible truths about our universe then the scientific method is the best guide we have.

If however, you prefer superstitious mumbo jumbo to real truths, then pick up a religious book. It doesn't really matter which one, take your pick.

The Qur’an, Bagahad Gita, Bible, etc,- they're all superstitious nonsense....equality of ju-ju.

Cambridge, UK

#4797 Jan 9, 2014
There is no god - so ring that victory bell!

Cambridge, UK

#4798 Jan 9, 2014
Christianity is the divinity of doubt.

As set out in that lexicon of futility known as the bible.
Surprise

Chillicothe, OH

#4799 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
TYPO does not mean I can't spell but it does mean you are nothing more than a WHINING COWARD because you have no answer bible thumper!

Location hidden

#4800 Jan 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh I'm quite sure you are made for one another. That I am not doubting. I think most people would wonder what makes the son of missionaries become an atheist. Now is your time to shine....
The fact that you wonder that is one reason lol. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Aura Mytha 78,490
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 52 min Science 1,325
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 hr Science 32,431
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web