'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4680 Jan 6, 2014
iseeyou and all other atheists claim to know so much about God and Christianity yet after talking to you its obvious you are clueless. You honestly think just because you believe in God that you are a Christian????? Thats not what any church that I know of teaches. In fact, its just the opposite. You can sit in church 50 years and still not be a Christian unless you accept Christ as your savior. Even Satan believes in God yet I don't think anyone would call Satan a Christian. Going to church doesn't save anyone.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#4681 Jan 6, 2014
Looks like the christards are up to 42,000 sects now.

They can't help making god in their own image.
Khatru wrote:
I see Atheists are fighting and killing each other again over who doesn't believe in which god the least.
Ah, sorry - my mistake - that never happens.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4682 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou and all other atheists claim to know so much about God and Christianity yet after talking to you its obvious you are clueless. You honestly think just because you believe in God that you are a Christian????? Thats not what any church that I know of teaches. In fact, its just the opposite. You can sit in church 50 years and still not be a Christian unless you accept Christ as your savior. Even Satan believes in God yet I don't think anyone would call Satan a Christian. Going to church doesn't save anyone.
Well, I'd also like to point out that, so far, you're the only one who has said that just believing in god makes you Christian. So let me ask this, where did you get this theory?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4683 Jan 6, 2014
Iseeyou are you retarted????????? Can you not comprehend what you read? Point to where I said believing in God makes you a Christian. In fact, I JUST GOT THROUGH SAYING that believing in God does not make you a Christian.

"Even Satan believes in God yet I don't think anyone would call Satan a Christian."

What about that quote do you not understand???
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4684 Jan 6, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>

Its because you're a dishonest person that you cannot present
any evidence of god and have to keep changing the subject away
from the fact that you've lied again and again.
I have gotten more relevant responses from a parrot.
You're not doing any reading first, just posting irrelevant condemnations.

I've not tried to prove God to you. On one would bother in your case anyway.
Absolutely no one cares if you believe in God or not.

I haven't lied either. You do exhibit the symptoms of a chronic
masturbator. Cutting back would help you be more focused.

If you post another predictable response, then you're be left
holding your own.

Location hidden

#4685 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Iseeyou are you retarted????????? Can you not comprehend what you read? Point to where I said believing in God makes you a Christian. In fact, I JUST GOT THROUGH SAYING that believing in God does not make you a Christian.

"Even Satan believes in God yet I don't think anyone would call Satan a Christian."

Anti---I know you are very slow so It's ok that I have to explain everything to you. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT. SO FAR NO ONE HAS MADE THAT CLAIM EXCEPT FOR YOU.

WHAT GROUP WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOT BEING CHRISTIAN????? SEEMS LIKE THAT QUESTION KEEPS GETTING IGNORED. THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE THAT INCORRECT STATEMENT BACK or WOULD YOU LIKE TO KEEP ATTEMPTING TO AVOID YOUR ERROR???? ;-)

Location hidden

#4686 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:

I'll repost this as well since you obviously missed it the first time.

I implied it??? Lol...you implied it. What group were you talking about if you weren't talking about Catholics?? Which again I'll point out was the group we were talking about.

Location hidden

#4687 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:

And this question since you missed it as well...

And again...the belief in the Christian god and Jesus does make you a Christian. What does your bible say makes you a Christian? Lol

Location hidden

#4688 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Catholics have added books to the bible. They also believe that you must do good works to enter heaven and that Jesus alone isn't enough. They also have a few other crazy beliefs. They are not considered Christians. Christians don't have a supreme leader or some priests to talk to God for you.
This statement from you statement right here was and still is incorrect.

Location hidden

#4689 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Catholics have added books to the bible. They also believe that you must do good works to enter heaven and that Jesus alone isn't enough. They also have a few other crazy beliefs. They are not considered Christians. Christians don't have a supreme leader or some priests to talk to God for you.
This statement from me was completely correct and made perfect sense in response to what the topic was.

Location hidden

#4690 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh please dear........you have huge blinders on apparently. Just because you say you believe in God does not make you a Christian. Do you honestly not get this? Its not hard.
And this statement from you is where you lost got lost.

Fact is Catholics are Christian. Fact is I never said I believed in god....sooooooo who were you talking about you crazy crazy anti atheist???

Location hidden

#4691 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:

Oh...and learn how to spell.

Location hidden

#4692 Jan 6, 2014
Got two of those backwards lol...I know that will surely cause an issue for you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4693 Jan 6, 2014
iseeyou you are getting as bad as bob and jim. You are responding like crazy so I can tell your meds are wearing off.

Just because Catholics believe in God doesn't mean they are a Christian. Comprende??? Simply believing in God doesn't make you a Christian. You understand now? Try real hard please because I can't type this too many more times.

Location hidden

#4694 Jan 6, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you are getting as bad as bob and jim. You are responding like crazy so I can tell your meds are wearing off.

Just because Catholics believe in God doesn't mean they are a Christian. Comprende??? Simply believing in God doesn't make you a Christian. You understand now? Try real hard please because I can't type this too many more times.
Oh!!!! Thank you!!!! Finally you answer :-). Now according to the definition of Christian, Catholics are a denomination of Christianity....so therefore your statement is incorrect... And I never said that just believing in god made a person a Christian. I follow what the definition says. Although I know you first, obviously, have to have a belief in the Christian god to be a Christian as well as have a faith in the bible and a desire to follow in the biblical Jesus's teachings so there was no misunderstanding anything. You really had no reason to type out all that you did in the first place...and I don't take meds, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I don't make fun of people that do, so that sarcastic statement was a bit distasteful...however thank you for finally answering a question :-), and hopefully you understand that your statement was incorrect so you won't make that same misstatement again ;-)
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4695 Jan 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
No such thing as god, your writings are the work of a lunatic.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4696 Jan 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You religious liars really love to talk this god crap all day long don't you?
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4697 Jan 7, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gotten more relevant responses from a parrot.
You're not doing any reading first, just posting irrelevant condemnations.
I've not tried to prove God to you. On one would bother in your case anyway.
Absolutely no one cares if you believe in God or not.
I haven't lied either. You do exhibit the symptoms of a chronic
masturbator. Cutting back would help you be more focused.
If you post another predictable response, then you're be left
holding your own.
Being a failed Creationist Cult Member who hasn't realised its no longer 2005, must be very distressing for your poor ignorant, brainwashed mind.

I suggest you see a psychologist instead of trying to get Atheists to play *pretend* with you.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4698 Jan 7, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a failed Creationist Cult Member who hasn't realised its no longer 2005, must be very distressing for your poor ignorant, brainwashed mind.
I suggest you see a psychologist instead of trying to get Atheists to play *pretend* with you.
This is all you're going to get.
If you fail to understand this time, you're a mental case.

I'm Episcopalian.
Episcopalians, Catholics, most Lutherans and
numerous other Christians aren't Creationists.
We credit evolution.

You are so simple Jim, you haven't understood
my earlier postings.

Remember that Dick and Jane reader from school.
See Dick run.
See them fall down.
See Jane get dicked.

That should help calm you.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4699 Jan 7, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
There's no such thing as god. A Christian is anyone that calls themselves a Christian, including Hitler.

You religious liars can't accept the facts and have a hard time accepting reality so you have to invent the concept of 'true christian" to lie some more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 5 min Dogen 4,296
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 31 min replaytime 700
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min superwilly 258,472
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Science 76,866
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 6 hr Ben Avraham 11
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web