'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Read more: NewsOK.com 7,553

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Read more

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4619 Jan 4, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as god and you're an idiot for believing in something which has no evidence, and you know you're lying about it.
Faith in God = pretending to know something you don't know.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4620 Jan 4, 2014
chilligal I'm sorry to disappoint you but you were a born sinner. All of us are born sinners.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4621 Jan 4, 2014
the bible calls you the "willfully ignorant"

Nottingham, UK

#4622 Jan 4, 2014
ChilliGal wrote:
I am confused, you say Jesus died for MY sins? Well, I was not alive then so he did not DIE for mine. If you believe that, then let me send you to prison to serve a life sentence in place of the one who really did the crime. You would be all upset that you had to be in prison for something you did not do so same thing. One only dies for themselves and no one else---HOGWASH!!
Good point.

The god/Jesus sadomasochistic death was a failure as it didn't rid the world of sin.

How many sins have been committed by humans since the death of Jesus?

Millions? Billions? Trillions?

The death of Jesus achieved absolutely nothing.

Nottingham, UK

#4623 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
the bible calls you the "willfully ignorant"
Try and be consistent.

Yesterday you said we were amazing!
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4624 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
chilligal I'm sorry to disappoint you but you were a born sinner. All of us are born sinners.
AND I am sorry to tell you that all babies have no sin, how could they and my parents were Married when I was born, ended up 57 years before my father passed----YOU may have been born IN sin or WITH sin but I was not and you can speak for NO ONE but yourself other wise it is HERESAY! So which Bible are you quoting from, the Koran, Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, Jewish, or any of the 100 others? By the way WHERE did GOD come from???????
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4625 Jan 4, 2014
we are all sinners chilli. Neither you nor I are sinless. Thats why Jesus died for us. He has given us a way to be forgiven because we all need forgiveness.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4626 Jan 4, 2014
ChilliGal wrote:
<quoted text>

AND I am sorry to tell you that all babies have no sin, how could they
I have noticed that babies are greedy, selfish, and mean to others.
They haven't any social values until they learn them.

Yes, those are sins. Now the really big question is 'Who Cares'.

Let's argue about the center of Moon being made of green cheese
instead.

Nottingham, UK

#4627 Jan 4, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed that babies are greedy, selfish, and mean to others.
They haven't any social values until they learn them.
Yes, those are sins. Now the really big question is 'Who Cares'.
Let's argue about the center of Moon being made of green cheese
instead.
sin1
s&#618;n/
noun
an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"

So the default position for every baby is that it goes to Hell?

I see.

Nice god.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4628 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
thinking sorry to burst your bubble but Catholics are not Christians. I worship God, not Mary or he pope.
Sorry to tell you yet again that you are wrong....imagine that...that's what no study time will get ya though darlin.

Chris·ti·an·i·ty
ˌkrisCHēˈanitē/
noun
the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.

The Catholics believe from the same bible you do dear, and the worship the same teachings of the biblical Jesus. I don't understand why you don't do your research even on the simple things before you type.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4629 Jan 4, 2014
Catholics have added books to the bible. They also believe that you must do good works to enter heaven and that Jesus alone isn't enough. They also have a few other crazy beliefs. They are not considered Christians. Christians don't have a supreme leader or some priests to talk to God for you.

Location hidden

#4630 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Catholics have added books to the bible. They also believe that you must do good works to enter heaven and that Jesus alone isn't enough. They also have a few other crazy beliefs. They are not considered Christians. Christians don't have a supreme leader or some priests to talk to God for you.
Ok anti...lets try this again.

Lol...yes dear Catholics are Christian based simply on the fact that the follow your Christian god. Whether you like the denomination is your choice, but you just helped prove a failure in the Christian religion, which is the acknowledgement of different interpretations of the bible and how it's caused such a break in the Christian religion. At least you can semi see the problems that the bible causes amongst its followers.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4631 Jan 4, 2014
oh please dear........you have huge blinders on apparently. Just because you say you believe in God does not make you a Christian. Do you honestly not get this? Its not hard.

Location hidden

#4632 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh please dear........you have huge blinders on apparently. Just because you say you believe in God does not make you a Christian. Do you honestly not get this? Its not hard.
What does that have to do with anything that anyone has been talking about???
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4633 Jan 4, 2014
iseeyou are you even paying attention? Just because a group of people call themselves Christians does not mean they are following the bible. Have you been drinking?

Location hidden

#4634 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou are you even paying attention? Just because a group of people call themselves Christians does not mean they are following the bible. Have you been drinking?
Quite arrogant of you to say whether or not you think someone has a belief in god. As per the definition of Christian, a catholic is Christian...but you are telling me that god says different, even though god says they are too?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4635 Jan 4, 2014
Again you are great at putting words in my mouth. Did I say Catholics didn't believe in God? Of course not. God says what is in His word. Nothing more and nothing less. If Catholics believe you need a priest to confess your sins to and that salvation requires works then they simply aren't following the bible. I'm not saying catholics aren't going to heaven. Some will and some won't just like some people who claim to be Christians won't. All I can tell you is this...the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4636 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
we are all sinners chilli. Neither you nor I are sinless. Thats why Jesus died for us. He has given us a way to be forgiven because we all need forgiveness.
You are an IDIOT, if you were not born yet he could not have DIED for you or me or any unborn people. Did you ever play this game in school as we did. The teacher whispered a "secret" to the first one and they whispered it to the person behind them and so it went until it got to the last child who in turn told what he heard when it was told to him. The teacher had written what she said on the blackboard and pulled the map that was rolled up over the board down to cover it. She uncovered what she had written and everyone had a good laugh because it was not anything like what she had started with the first child. And so it goes with any events or written STORIES from long ago. I do not believe in the stories of OLD SHEEP Herders and called it the Bible, none of it adds up or makes sense and is totally unproven. Even all you so called Christians can't agree which religion is right or how to read the bible and get the same meaning for everyone. Can YOU tell me who made God???? Where did he come from???? You got an answer for jesus and adam and /eve but NO where does anyone have an answer of where and how God came from, so please give me an answer.
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4637 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Again you are great at putting words in my mouth. Did I say Catholics didn't believe in God? Of course not. God says what is in His word. Nothing more and nothing less. If Catholics believe you need a priest to confess your sins to and that salvation requires works then they simply aren't following the bible. I'm not saying catholics aren't going to heaven. Some will and some won't just like some people who claim to be Christians won't. All I can tell you is this...the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
Some will and some won't HUH? Are YOU judging???
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#4638 Jan 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Then why do all the various christians, methodist, lutherans, nazarenes, and so forth run to the church and listen to the minister TELL them what the bible says and what they are supposed to do to get to "heaven" ? If you can read you do not need a minister to tell you what to believe nor do you have to promise to pay the church so much out of your paycheck each month. Have you seen what some of these churches PAY their minister now days just to tell you what the bible wants you to do---can't anybody read and THINK for themselves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 min DebraE 14,515
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min One way or another 18,097
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,159
Saddam Hussein was an ATHEIST! (Mar '09) 1 hr BobHop104 67
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 9,264
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Agents of Corruption 6,478
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr Samoan Irish 65
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Uncle Sam 236,980
More from around the web