'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4556 Jan 3, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell? Thats the definition. Your bitching because I gave you the Merriam Webster definition?
Well... anti makes up its own definitions to suit its 'arguments' so it probably thinks everyone should.
Jim

London, UK

#4557 Jan 3, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no effort from me to convert you, Jim.
I just don't care. And actually wouldn't want
you in my social circle or heaven.
You're a lower form, Jim.
Touching best avoided.
I'm not a creationist and you're too dumb to
catch on.
What do religious fools like you hope to achieve, opening your foul dishonest mouths in the Atheism forum?

We're mostly laughing at the stupidity of your beliefs, before even reading the cr*p you've written.

We're not sure what's more worthless - the delusions in your mind, or your misperceived ability to think anyone else is going to drop everything and start believing them.

ANYBODY who thinks the earth is 3000 years old in the age of Science is a dimwitted fool who doesn't deserve to have Evolution explained to them - because they are too far gone.
Jim

London, UK

#4558 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
atheists change the definitions as they go along. See the following
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tj/v...
Says the religious liar with no evidence of god, heaven, hell souls, jesus heck absolutely every religious cr*p you thought you could lie to society about.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4559 Jan 3, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>

What do religious fools like you hope to achieve, opening your foul dishonest mouths in the Atheism forum?
As I've told you many times, I'm not religious. I'm Episcopalian.
And I'll repeat again that I'm not out to convert you.
You're type are not wanted in my Church

I'm only here to sharpen my tongue and belittle your
ignorance. It's good practice. In person I could have
you in tears within minutes.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#4560 Jan 3, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The day you find a transitional fossil of the type you're demanding to see as evidence of evolution (1/2 fish 1/2 zebra as an example of your stupidity) is the day you falsify the theory. Good luck with that.
BTW... The day you decide to actually learn about the Theory of Evolution and what it really is... is the day you might begin to not be as dumb as pocket lint
Hi Terry - Hope you're well and that you've had a great new year.

You raise a good point in that any theory must be falsifiable and the Theory of Evolution can be falsified exactly as you say.

Another way it could be falsified would be if the fossils of a particular species turned up in a strata where they shouldn't be: "Rabbits in the pre-Cambrian" is the oft-quoted example.

I used to wonder why some creationists have never tried to falsify something like that and plant some fossilised remains in some place where they shouldn't actually be.

The fact is that the science behind evolution is so comprehensive that even a desperate creationist knows that they would be found out.

Poor creationists, they must ache to have the wealth of evidence and science behind them that evolution does.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4561 Jan 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That website said it took six days to create the world.
It says it's true because it's in the Bible.
Do you believe that?
Of course he does. Remember, you can't spell 'creationist" without C-R-E-T-I-N.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4562 Jan 3, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
We're mostly laughing at the stupidity of your beliefs, before even reading the cr*p you've written.
We're not sure what's more worthless - the delusions in your mind, or your misperceived ability to think anyone else is going to drop everything and start believing them.
ANYBODY who thinks the earth is 3000 years old in the age of Science is a dimwitted fool who doesn't deserve to have Evolution explained to them - because they are too far gone.
I think what he's trying to achieve is a first-rate Poe, and I'd say he's succeeded. He certainly has you chasing your own tail. Shift your brain out of attack mode for just a minute and read his/her posts a bit more closely. There's something there you aren't getting.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4563 Jan 3, 2014
its so hilarious watching predictable atheists. They won't even investigate which tells me they have no interest in the truth. If something doesn't jive with your world view then you won't even listen. Tells me how utterly brainwashed all of you really are which is truly sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4564 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
its so hilarious watching predictable atheists. They won't even investigate which tells me they have no interest in the truth. If something doesn't jive with your world view then you won't even listen. Tells me how utterly brainwashed all of you really are which is truly sad.
You still haven't even attempted to answer ONE question. Just dodging.

Cambridge, UK

#4565 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
What's your truth then?

Why is it better than other people's truths?

In any event, there's not much chance of atheists investigating your truths.

Why?

Because we value reason and logic far too much to abandon them like believers do,

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot: the only reason you have your truths is because you were born into a society where those truths were prevailing. If you'd have been born in Saudi Arabia your truths would have involved Mohammed flying to heaven and back on a winged horse.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4566 Jan 3, 2014
Oh no not another UK nut. You remind me of the saying by the great Jack Nicholson when he stated, and I quote, "You can't handle the truth".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cambridge, UK

#4567 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Oh no not another UK nut. You remind me of the saying by the great Jack Nicholson when he stated, and I quote, "You can't handle the truth".
Whoa!

Nice refutation of the points I made.

I can see that I'll have my hand full dealing with you and your carefully and logically thought out answers to my questions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4568 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You may not have any clue what your talking about and it appers that you have very litle formal education because the first thing they teach you is use crediable souces for your research. They specifically say "Do not use Wikipedia or A.I.G." However, I must hand it to you Anti you have a hell of a lot more time to dedicate to this than the rest of us. Your dedication is admirable.

You say we are predictable, even though you have predicted nothing about us. All of your "predictions" come after the fact, which is done in religion often.

Let me see if I can make a prediction.Your going to get on here and say something imature, ignorant and hurl insults at people which you NEVER seem to realize apply to you. Its like you have a mirror next to your computer there in the basement and when you want to insult, you just have a look and describe what you see: sad,lonley,angry,hate-filled etc. All of this is done under the cover of the "kindest Christian love" of course. If anything Anti, you are creating more atheists because thats one of the biggest problems that atheists have with religion, hate disguised as love.

You will also come on here and expect the universe explained to you, which we have, yet you dodge our questions at every turn. We know its because you have'nt been able to find an answer on Wikipedia or Ken Ham has failed to provide you with an answer. Just man up. There is no fault in admitting that there is something you dont know. Its the adult thing to do.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4569 Jan 3, 2014
Well first off Angle its "credible" not "crediable". Kinda lose credibility if you can't even spell it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4570 Jan 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Terry - Hope you're well and that you've had a great new year.
You raise a good point in that any theory must be falsifiable and the Theory of Evolution can be falsified exactly as you say.
Another way it could be falsified would be if the fossils of a particular species turned up in a strata where they shouldn't be: "Rabbits in the pre-Cambrian" is the oft-quoted example.
I used to wonder why some creationists have never tried to falsify something like that and plant some fossilised remains in some place where they shouldn't actually be.
The fact is that the science behind evolution is so comprehensive that even a desperate creationist knows that they would be found out.
Poor creationists, they must ache to have the wealth of evidence and science behind them that evolution does.
Hello Khatru... All is as well as I can stand it... except for the frigid weather (it was -10 F when I left the house this morning). Hope all is well with you.

I get so tired of the 'no transitional fossils' rant that the creotards continually spew., it defies logic why they continue to use it. They know the only people stupid enough to think it carries any weight are those that don't have a clue, but are willing to accept anything and everything so long as it, in some twisted way, supports the superstitions they so desperately cling to.

Location hidden

#4571 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
What is funny/sad is how your "truths" can't be shown to be in any way... true

Cambridge, UK

#4572 Jan 3, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Khatru... All is as well as I can stand it... except for the frigid weather (it was -10 F when I left the house this morning). Hope all is well with you.
I get so tired of the 'no transitional fossils' rant that the creotards continually spew., it defies logic why they continue to use it. They know the only people stupid enough to think it carries any weight are those that don't have a clue, but are willing to accept anything and everything so long as it, in some twisted way, supports the superstitions they so desperately cling to.
Spot on

"Show us the transitional fossils!" is their mantra which they parrot around these threads.

Of course they haven"t got the slightest clue what they're talking about, which, as you rightly say, dovetails in with their ju-ju and superstitios mumbo jumbo.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4573 Jan 3, 2014
you mean when one species transitions into another there should be absolutely no fossil evidence of that? It just happens hocus pocus like? You atheists are amazing. I've never met more close minded, arrogant people in my life. No wonder you are a fringe group.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4574 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you mean when one species transitions into another there should be absolutely no fossil evidence of that?
Humor me here.... Since you are so keen to continually ask the same question over and over while rejecting every example given.. please define "transitional fossil" for us then describe what you believe a transitional fossil should look like.

Cambridge, UK

#4575 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You atheists are amazing.
Yes, we are.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 54 min Frindly 32,264
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 hr The FACTory 855
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr superwilly 258,479
Religion sux ? 10 hr Eagle 12 - 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Science 77,044
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 17 hr Dogen 4,321
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) Tue Frindly 291
More from around the web