'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Sam

United States

#4536 Jan 2, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
If any species was designed by God then why couldn't he get it right the first time? Whats the need for the change unless the designer created an inperfect design in the first place.
Who said GOD/Intelligent Design got it wrong in the design? One would want species with the ability to adapt since Earth is in constant change....

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4537 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
angel have you ever stopped to ask yourself why there are no transitional fossils showing one species changing into another? There should literally be billions. Hard to believe you don't see that as a problem.
Im pretty familiar with fossils, I have studied them througout college, dug them out of the ground myself and held them in my own two hands. When a person does this its difficult to deny their existance.

Dallas, TX

#4538 Jan 2, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
One would want species with the ability to adapt since Earth is in constant change....
I agree. I dont think it was a god or gods but species adapt or die based on changes in their environment. Were on the same page there.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4539 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Depends on what type of evolution you are referring to. Things haven't evolved from one species in to another. Fish haven't become chickens and apes haven't become man. Things evolve within species.
Evolution has never claimed to work that way...so that would be correct
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4540 Jan 2, 2014
When you die you will be one.
antiatheist wrote:
angel have you ever stopped to ask yourself why there are no transitional fossils showing one species changing into another? There should literally be billions. Hard to believe you don't see that as a problem.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4541 Jan 2, 2014
wow angel if you have found transitional fossils you need to call the smithsonian and let them know immediately. Scientists have spent years and year and millions of dollars to find these missing links with no luck. All they have are bits and pieces that they somehow put together and fit their own belief system.

Dallas, TX

#4542 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wow angel if you have found transitional fossils you need to call the smithsonian and let them know immediately. Scientists have spent years and year and millions of dollars to find these missing links with no luck. All they have are bits and pieces that they somehow put together and fit their own belief system.
Still not going to answer any of my questions?
Just gonna change the subject?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4543 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wow angel if you have found transitional fossils you need to call the smithsonian and let them know immediately.
They already know.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4544 Jan 2, 2014
What is your definition of vestigial appendages

Dallas, TX

#4545 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ves·ti·gial / adjective
1 technical, of a body part : remaining in a form that is not fully developed or able to function
&#9642; Although it cannot fly, the bird still has vestigial wings.
2 formal : remaining as the last small part of something that existed before
&#9642; They uncovered vestigial traces of the home's original wallpaper. &#9642; She has some vestigial doubts about investing in the company.
LCNin

United States

#4546 Jan 2, 2014
Interesting regarding the Pope's attitude toward money and the rich.

Pope Francis was in Argentina during "the dirty war" .

Pope Francis’ recent critical comments about the wealthy are potentially scaring off millionaire donors for the $180 million restoration of St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

That’s the message that billionaire Ken Langone, founder of Home Depot, passed along to Timothy Cardinal Dolan during a recent breakfast meeting.

Langone, who’s spearheading the restoration of St. Patrick’s, told CNBC on Monday that some wealthy Catholics were balking at giving their financial support to the project in the wake of the Pope’s teachings.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mad-milli...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4547 Jan 2, 2014
once again Angel can't think for herself. Whats YOUR definition

Garland, TX

#4548 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
What the hell? Thats the definition. Your bitching because I gave you the Merriam Webster definition?

Garland, TX

#4549 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Your just wanting me to make something up as I go along? Atheists don't do that, your on the wrong forum again.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4550 Jan 2, 2014
atheists change the definitions as they go along. See the following

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tj/v...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Garland, TX

#4551 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Not even interested in clicking on the link.
Im familar with AIG and Ken Ham, Wikipedia and the other crediable sources that you often try to pass off as crediable.

you had me going for a minute , I thought you were actually going to answer a question I asked you.
love light

London, KY

#4552 Jan 2, 2014
yawn

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4553 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Look it up in the Bible

Isn't that where you get all your definitions from?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4554 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
That website said it took six days to create the world.

It says it's true because it's in the Bible.

Do you believe that?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4555 Jan 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
The day you find a transitional fossil of the type you're demanding to see as evidence of evolution (1/2 fish 1/2 zebra as an example of your stupidity) is the day you falsify the theory. Good luck with that.

BTW... The day you decide to actually learn about the Theory of Evolution and what it really is... is the day you might begin to not be as dumb as pocket lint

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min Thinking 244,803
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Thinking 20,537
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 10,712
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 2 hr Anonymous1386 7
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 5 hr thetruth 12
Santa vs. God: logic? 17 hr Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? 21 hr Shizle 4
More from around the web