'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4515 Jan 1, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>

Bullshit!
Racists like you should be banned
I'm not feeling the love, Mikko.
How can I go on knowing that somewhere
someone doesn't worship the ground beneath
my feet.

I'm not racist. I despise all worthless people
no matter how black, Injun or just common they are.

Love me Mikko. You can't imagine how important
I consider it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4516 Jan 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Jim I can't even imagine having to be you and bobs parents. It must have been literal hell raising two kids of your mental capacity.
Of course you cannot imagine it-- just as the slug cannot imagine calculus or quantum physics.

It is completely beyond your very limited little pea-brain.

Sad, really.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4517 Jan 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
wow.........you want people banned from society? Its sad but I know thats the way liberals really do think. Very scary
Only racism and bigotry should be banned.

Of course-- you would have to give up your religion-- for your religion utterly **depends** on both racism and bigotry...

... sad, really.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4518 Jan 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
isn't it so ironic that they think the burden of proof is on Christians to prove God yet the burden is not on them to prove evolution?
Evolution has already been proven. Alas-- your slug-brain is incapable of comprehending this fact.

Sad.

But for anyone with a brain that is more developed than that of a slug?

Here you go:

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
Proof of evolution: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/
Proof of evolution: http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-w...
Proof of evolution: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
Proof of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...
Proof of evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_comm...
Proof of evolution: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#4519 Jan 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Jim did you forget to take your meds today? You are commenting like crazy and seem disoriented. Call 911 fast
Can't argue back and it shows - you religious liars have no evidence of god and this frustrates you!
Jim

London, UK

#4520 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should anyone disprove evolution?
You said it was false, so you need to disprove Evolution if you say its false. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Wait we know...
Jim

London, UK

#4521 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
Internet Atheists cannot come to terms with the fact
that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.
Says the Creationist Cult Member in the Atheism forum, failing to redefine Atheism.

Atheism is a disbelief in Religion and feeble Religious liars / propogandists like LCNin.
Jim

London, UK

#4522 Jan 1, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not feeling the love, Mikko.
How can I go on knowing that somewhere
someone doesn't worship the ground beneath
my feet.
I'm not racist. I despise all worthless people
no matter how black, Injun or just common they are.
Love me Mikko. You can't imagine how important
I consider it.
No evidence of god for your Creationist Cult and talking out of your arse as usual.

Anything to convert eh? No balls.
Jim

London, UK

#4523 Jan 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
isn't it so ironic that they think the burden of proof is on Christians to prove God yet the burden is not on them to prove evolution?
Evolution wasn't discovered until it was proven. Think, for once in your ignorant life.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4524 Jan 2, 2014
There is peer reviewed evidence for Evolution, yet no evidence for any of your thousands of god myths.
antiatheist wrote:

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4525 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Evolution has already been proven
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4526 Jan 2, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence of god for your Creationist Cult and
talking out of your arse as usual.
Anything to convert eh? No balls.
There's no effort from me to convert you, Jim.
I just don't care. And actually wouldn't want
you in my social circle or heaven.

You're a lower form, Jim.
Touching best avoided.

I'm not a creationist and you're too dumb to
catch on.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4527 Jan 2, 2014
Depends on what type of evolution you are referring to. Things haven't evolved from one species in to another. Fish haven't become chickens and apes haven't become man. Things evolve within species.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4529 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Depends on what type of evolution you are referring to. Things haven't evolved from one species in to another. Fish haven't become chickens and apes haven't become man. Things evolve within species.
Why are there such things as vestigial appendages?
Why do dogs have dew claws?
Why do whales have a hand skeleton under their flippers?
Why do snakes have remnants of legs?
Why state that things evolve and change constantly but stay the same species?
What the hell is the point of the change then?

Dallas, TX

#4530 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
If any species was designed by God then why couldn't he get it right the first time? Whats the need for the change unless the designer created an inperfect design in the first place.

Dallas, TX

#4531 Jan 2, 2014
We all live on the same planet,drink the same water, breath the same oxygen(even fish) and are made up of the same chemicals. These are basic principles of biology and are easily understood by children.
The concept of evolution makes perfect sense to someone who understands these principals.
Someone who has been taught or convenced that they are made in the image of a god and are different from the creatures we share a planet with will find this concept very confusing and often turn angry because of their ignorance.
LCNin

United States

#4532 Jan 2, 2014
Thinking wrote:
There is peer reviewed evidence for Evolution, yet no evidence for any of your thousands of god myths.
<quoted text>
That materialist philosophy seems to dismiss the non material world of faith is not breaking news.

Some, by no means all, atheists seem frustrated that religion still exists.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4533 Jan 2, 2014
angel have you ever stopped to ask yourself why there are no transitional fossils showing one species changing into another? There should literally be billions. Hard to believe you don't see that as a problem.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4534 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
angel have you ever stopped to ask yourself why there are no transitional fossils showing one species changing into another? There should literally be billions. Hard to believe you don't see that as a problem.
There are many transitional fossils. You've been provided with examples.

You are therefore lying.

Dallas, TX

#4535 Jan 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you have been shown enough evidence to teach a class on biology.

answer some of my questions please.

if everything was designed and created why are there vestigial appendages? Why would a designer create a part that has no function?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 13 min Subduction Zone 4,820
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Subduction Zone 85,535
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 hr ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Tue Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web