'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4474 Dec 31, 2013
Jim you are repeating yourself again. Is this a symptom of your brain injury?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4475 Dec 31, 2013
A Mormon was seated next to an Irishman on a flight from London. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.

The Irishman asked for a whiskey, which was promptly brought and placed before him.

The flight attendant then asked the Mormon if he would like a drink.

He replied in disgust,“I’d rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips.”

The Irishman then handed his drink back to the attendant and said,“Me, too, I didn’t know we had a choice.”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4476 Dec 31, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so right. All the Christians I've ever spoken
with in Europe are terrorists. They all want to kill
and kill and kill.
Thanks for being brave enough to broach this issue
in public. Wait where you are.
Notice that you can't read
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4477 Dec 31, 2013
Angel I think the war on Christmas is over for this year. Does the war on Christians last year round? In your mind it does.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4478 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Angel I think the war on Christmas is over for this year. Does the war on Christians last year round? In your mind it does.
I had an AMAZING Christmas this year Anti, helped lots of people. It was very rewarding. Hope yours went well also. Happy new year to you!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4479 Dec 31, 2013
Again, you don't have to announce it when you help someone. Just do it and let that be enough. Did you also celebrate the birth of our savior? After all, that is the whole reason for the season.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4480 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Again, you don't have to announce it when you help someone. Just do it and let that be enough. Did you also celebrate the birth of our savior? After all, that is the whole reason for the season.
axial tilt of the earth is the real reason for the season.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4481 Dec 31, 2013
No actually "Christ", as in CHRISTmas, is the reason. Good to know you joined in the celebration.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4482 Dec 31, 2013
Even the most devout Christian has to admit that you have NO IDEA when Jesus was born. Decmber 25 is just a guess and a poor one.

Your Bible says:
shepherds were in the fields tending their flocks on the night of Jesus’ birth. In fact, the Bible writer Luke shows that at that time, shepherds were “living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks” near Bethlehem.(Luke 2:8-12) Notice that the shepherds were actually living out of doors, not just strolling outside during the day. They had their flocks in the fields at night. Does that description of outdoor living fit the chilly and rainy weather conditions of Bethlehem in December? No, it does not. So the circumstances surrounding Jesus’ birth indicate that he was not born in December.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4483 Dec 31, 2013
Angel I'm really not trying to insult you but I've really never met anyone as ignorant. Well unless you count bob and jim but they are retarded so they have an excuse. Of course nobody is saying Christ was born on the 25th of December. You honestly think that Christians are saying that? Its a day that has been set aside to celebrate His birth. Its the reason we have Christmas in this country.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4484 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Again, you don't have to announce it when you help someone. Just do it and let that be enough. Did you also celebrate the birth of our savior? After all, that is the whole reason for the season.
Eating ham is the reason for the season and buying stuff for money you don't have
LCNin

United States

#4485 Dec 31, 2013
Russian Christmas on Jan 7,2014
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4486 Dec 31, 2013
buying stuff for money? Sorry but you aren't making sense.

Christmas has indeed become too commercialized but I see nothing wrong with buying a gift for someone. Its really a great time of the year and you should try it sometime. It might do you some good.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4487 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
buying stuff for money? Sorry but you aren't making sense.
Christmas has indeed become too commercialized but I see nothing wrong with buying a gift for someone. Its really a great time of the year and you should try it sometime. It might do you some good.
You can't read

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4488 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
buying stuff for money? Sorry but you aren't making sense.
Christmas has indeed become too commercialized but I see nothing wrong with buying a gift for someone. Its really a great time of the year and you should try it sometime. It might do you some good.
It has become way too commercialized. Do you have children? If so, do you let them indulge in Santa bringing them presents? I only ask because I don't think it's fair that you say everyone should simply follow that the reason for the season is the birth of Jesus when there are other reasons why people celebrate Christmas.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4489 Dec 31, 2013
Of course I have children and of course we buy them presents. However, we also let them know that Christmas is celebrating the birthday of Christ as told in the bible. There is nothing wrong with santa and presents as long as its kept in perspective. I would say the vast majority of Christians would agree.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4490 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Of course I have children and of course we buy them presents. However, we also let them know that Christmas is celebrating the birthday of Christ as told in the bible. There is nothing wrong with santa and presents as long as its kept in perspective. I would say the vast majority of Christians would agree.
Good! Happy New Year!!!!:-)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4491 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Well unless you count bob and jim but they are retarded so they have an excuse.
Thanks!

Your inner Jewsus is really shining here.

So much hate from you, too!

Thanks!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4492 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
buying stuff for money? Sorry but you aren't making sense.
Christmas has indeed become too commercialized but I see nothing wrong with buying a gift for someone. Its really a great time of the year and you should try it sometime. It might do you some good.
Giftmas: the holiday in which US retail finally catches up to it's expenses, and goes into the black column.

Hasn't had a damn thing to do with religion for decades.

And you are helping this happen, too.

Brilliant!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4493 Dec 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Of course I have children and of course we buy them presents. However, we also let them know that Christmas is celebrating the birthday of Christ as told in the bible. There is nothing wrong with santa and presents as long as its kept in perspective. I would say the vast majority of Christians would agree.
See?

You follow Giftmas, just like all the other hypocrites--erm-- Genuine Christians™.

LMAO!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 min yehoshooah adam 3,775
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Aura Mytha 69,863
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr The Wheeze of Trump 415
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 2 hr superwilly 12,672
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Into The Night 30,080
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 6 hr superwilly 579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 hr Eagle 12 258,469
More from around the web