'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#4433 Dec 29, 2013
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think they're scared of you and your ah....condition.
I'm not interested in males

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#4434 Dec 29, 2013
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
When was Bill Ayers over in Europe?
Who?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4435 Dec 29, 2013
who? Shows how ignorant you are mikko.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#4436 Dec 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
who? Shows how ignorant you are mikko.
i bet you can't find sweden on a map without using the search function

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4437 Dec 29, 2013
Satanluvsu2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations you are Gay.
Really? Does this mean I'm now really organized and dress snappily too?

LMAO!

You seriously think I give a crap if you think I'm gay?

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jesse

United States

#4438 Dec 29, 2013
Sweden yeah I know where it is....do you know where Tulsa, OK is without using a search function?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4439 Dec 29, 2013
Boots wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations you're going to hell, after the terrorists cut your tongue out.
Hate speech noted.

Reported too-- you are obviously quite full of desperate hate here.

Sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4441 Dec 29, 2013
Biblical language employed in these contexts is actually pretty strong: eating shellfish is an abomination, a bare head is a disgrace, gossips will not inherit the kingdom of God, careless words are punishable by hell, guys who leer at women should gouge out their eyes.

If you follow exactly the Bible today.. you live in the Middle East.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4442 Dec 29, 2013
Oh I could find sweden quite easily although its pretty much an irrelevant country.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4443 Dec 29, 2013
Right-wing biblical illiterates would be shocked by Jesus’ teachings …if they ever picked up a Bible

More than 95 percent of U.S. households own at least one copy of the Bible.

So how much do Americans know of the book that one-third of the country believes to be literally true? Apparently, very little, according to data from the Barna Research group.

Surveys show that 60 percent can’t name more than five of the Ten Commandments; 12 percent of adults think Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife; and nearly 50 percent of high school seniors think Sodom and Gomorrah were a married couple. A Gallup poll shows 50 percent of Americans can’t name the first book of the Bible, while roughly 82 percent believe “God helps those who help themselves” is a biblical verse.

So, if Americans get an F in the basic fundamentals of the Bible, what hope do they have in knowing what Jesus would say about labor unions, taxes on the rich, universal healthcare, and food stamps? It becomes easy to spread a lie when no one knows what the truth is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4444 Dec 29, 2013
Agnostic wrote:
Biblical language employed in these contexts is actually pretty strong: eating shellfish is an abomination, a bare head is a disgrace, gossips will not inherit the kingdom of God, careless words are punishable by hell, guys who leer at women should gouge out their eyes.
If you follow exactly the Bible today.. you live in the Middle East.
Of course, in the US, people are salad-bar "christians"-- they pick a little here, they pick a little there, they add a little from their own imaginations.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4445 Dec 29, 2013
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
I Thessalonians 5:21 "prove all things, hold fast to what is good"
If Christians are to be diligent in the belief shouldn't Christians follow the intent as well as the 10 Commandments? I'm surprised as a devout Christian you are blissfully unaware of this passage in the Bible...hmmm
Are you young or newly converted?
Wonderful! I don't know if you are a christian or not, but don't expect an answer back from Anti. He/she tends to ignore your statements when they are facts. I am not a christian any longer, but I knew there was a verse in the bible that said this, I just wasn't able to remember where it was :-) Thank you :D

Location hidden

#4446 Dec 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh I could find sweden quite easily although its pretty much an irrelevant country.
And what exactly makes this country "relevant"???? Assuming you're from America that is.
LCNin

United States

#4447 Dec 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
And what exactly makes this country "relevant"???? Assuming you're from America that is.
Under Gustavus Adolphus Sweden was a major power.

Location hidden

#4448 Dec 29, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Gustavus Adolphus Sweden was a major power.
Thanks for the information. I was just curious as to why anti thinks that America is any more "relevant" than any other country.:0)
LCNin

United States

#4449 Dec 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the information. I was just curious as to why anti thinks that America is any more "relevant" than any other country.:0)
sometimes i feel we are too ethnocentric ...this may be a result of a poor grasp of history?

Peace

Location hidden

#4450 Dec 29, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
sometimes i feel we are too ethnocentric ...this may be a result of a poor grasp of history?
Peace
You could very well be correct

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#4451 Dec 29, 2013
Jesse wrote:
Sweden yeah I know where it is....do you know where Tulsa, OK is without using a search function?
Yes
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#4452 Dec 30, 2013
Satanluvsu2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations you are Gay.
Homephobes most likely to be closet gays.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#4453 Dec 30, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The world's highest standards of living and and a happy society are irrelevant to most religious idiots who thrive on misery and suffering.

The Swedes just aren't depressed or cranky enough to turn to religion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 min Eagle 12 2,405
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Joe fortuna 232,875
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 8 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 8 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 15 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web