'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Jim

London, UK

#4370 Dec 28, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is a Kingdom?
Prince George the star attraction at Royal family's Christmas
Four generations of the Royal family will celebrate Christmas together at Sandringham, and there is no doubting who will be the centre of attention
7:30PM GMT 24 Dec 2013
Prince George will spend his first Christmas at the QueenÂ’s Norfolk residence after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge opted to spend the day there rather than with the Middleton family.
It will be the first time since the reign of Queen Victoria that a monarch and her three direct successors will have spent Christmas together, but Royal-watchers hoping to catch a glimpse of Prince George may be disappointed.
While the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will join the Queen, the Prince of Wales, Prince Harry and other members of the family at St Mary Magdalene church in Sandringham, they may opt to leave their five-month-old son with a nanny.
Would be great to be back in England!
God isn't real and giving us a Royal History isn't going to cover it up.

You and your religious liars have no evidence of god which is why you squirm & spam like a coward whenever someone atheist says what is on their mind.
Jim

London, UK

#4371 Dec 28, 2013
Downvoting Atheist posts on purpose reveals the extreme nature of religious trolls. Better to arrest them, than invoke their 'divine hatred'
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#4372 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>

You're projecting your mental llness again.
I don't hear voices and neither do sane people.
I'm not projecting, Jim.
I'm straining trying to get down to your level.
You can hear voices if you try, Jim.
Many low intelligent people claim to hear God.
You are special, Jim.

We believe you can hear voices too.
Make the woman who named you Jim proud.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4373 Dec 28, 2013
Jim why do you use "liar" in EVERY post you make? You sound like rain man or someone with some kinda facial tick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#4374 Dec 28, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not projecting, Jim.
You are special, Jim.
A reminder to those religious folk hearing voices, please see a Doctor, not an Athiest!
Jim

London, UK

#4375 Dec 28, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not projecting, Jim.
You are special, Jim.
A mental illness is NOT a virtue - its a serious disorder and needs to be treated.

Encouraging others become sick is a horrible way to spread your illness.
Jim

London, UK

#4376 Dec 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Jim why do you use "liar" in EVERY post you make? You sound like rain man or someone with some kinda facial tick.
Have you stopped lying about god yet? have you presented ANY evidence?

So read the word "liar" some more until you can do those things.
Jim

London, UK

#4377 Dec 28, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You have answered your own question here.
Atheists don't believe the claims of the religious? Why? BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAVE ANY EVIDENCE!
Canadian Boob

Denver, CO

#4378 Dec 28, 2013
God does not favor you. So sorry.
Kry lyke bichez waa

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MistyGirl

United States

#4379 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying to cover up for Einstein hating your cult of liars:
"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws" (1954).[64]
WHY DO YOU LIE ABOUT EINSTEINS BELIEFS, WHEN WE CAN CHECK YOU STUPID CREATIONISTS?
Unfortunately many churches are nothing more than businesses that's a fact and I'm speaking to you as a believer in a higher power. I was raised in a certain church which I no longer (since early teens) have any affiliation with because as a teen I saw what was taught in church was manipulated to allow more power to what in effect was a centralized government of power much like politics we see today. For example the states (individuals) have no freedom from the federal government(centralized government) so the control is no longer local or belonging to the individual to grow and succeed. That is where cultism is born by relinquishing your personal power to grow, learn and succeed as a individual. A church which doesn't promote individual growth individual ability to excel is nothing more than a organization promoting drones for the church's personal growth and power.

I agree with Einstein.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4380 Dec 28, 2013
Its official.......Jim is not playing with a full deck.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jessup

United States

#4381 Dec 28, 2013
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately many churches are nothing more than businesses that's a fact and I'm speaking to you as a believer in a higher power. I was raised in a certain church which I no longer (since early teens) have any affiliation with because as a teen I saw what was taught in church was manipulated to allow more power to what in effect was a centralized government of power much like politics we see today. For example the states (individuals) have no freedom from the federal government(centralized government) so the control is no longer local or belonging to the individual to grow and succeed. That is where cultism is born by relinquishing your personal power to grow, learn and succeed as a individual. A church which doesn't promote individual growth individual ability to excel is nothing more than a organization promoting drones for the church's personal growth and power.
I agree with Einstein.
I never had anyone explain it that way and I see what your saying. The individual is responsible to seek the truth in all things including in your local church :-) Not all churches are created equal, I always thought of churches as tutoring centers for a better life but then if you've ever had a bad experience with one then it can sour your whole attitude toward going to church at all. Intelligent design makes more sense to me than it all was a huge accident and aren't we lucky to be alive to enjoy it!
LCNin

United States

#4382 Dec 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Its official.......Jim is not playing with a full deck.
LOL
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4383 Dec 28, 2013
intelligent design is just another form of evolution. God has already told us how everything was created. As a Christian, why would you not accept Gods word? Why would you have to come up with some explanation from a wordly point of view when He already told you that He created the universe?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4384 Dec 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
intelligent design is just another form of evolution.
Intelligent design is neither.

For one thing? There is no evidence of **any** design in the universe-- anywhere.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4385 Dec 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
God has already told us how everything was created.
Really?

How,**exactly**?

Was it magic?

I bet it was magic, wasn't it?

You silly. You still believe in magic....!

LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4386 Dec 28, 2013
oh no its Jim's retarded twin
Jessup

United States

#4387 Dec 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
intelligent design is just another form of evolution. God has already told us how everything was created. As a Christian, why would you not accept Gods word? Why would you have to come up with some explanation from a wordly point of view when He already told you that He created the universe?
Doesn't the Bible tell you "to prove all things"....??? Christian, non-Christian, Muslim, Jew, scientist or layman...how could that be taken as a bad thing?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4388 Dec 28, 2013
The bible tells you to prove all things?? Wheres it say that at? Gods word should be enough. He said how He created the earth, people, etc. so why is that not enough for some Christians? They are trying to explain everything from a wordly point of view when God has already given us the explanation.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4389 Dec 28, 2013
We could argue all day but there is no arguing with the fact that religious belief is declining,

As the world advances and knowledge is easier to attain and we simply use the internet to have this very discussion that wasn't available before.religion will come out the loser.

Because the world will need more that a belief...they need proof...

Just as no one except those living in the Middle East even attempt to live by the rules of the Bible, such as stoning, and other edicts that we have left behind a long time ago...future generations will leave it behind as well. Just as they left earlier religions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 27 min nanoanomaly 172
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 80,078
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr Eagle 12 - 32,607
what science will NEVER be able to prove 18 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 18 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 18 hr Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
More from around the web