'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4348 Dec 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
when you can prove to me that atheism is correct then I'll respect you. Until then, not so much
We don't have a belief system, which is why you will run into much frustration in trying to get someone to prove it.

Religion states that there are talking snakes, unicorns, giants, dragons, zombies rising from the dead, gods and goddesses, ghosts, demons and angels,an after life , a soul, etc.

Atheists simply say "no, i see no evidence that any of that is true"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4349 Dec 27, 2013
1 out of every 200 mothers reports a "virgin" birth

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#4350 Dec 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jim.
You can't see, hear or feel God.
But he watches you and knows your thoughts.
You can trust him.
Find a televangelist and send in your money.
You're projecting your mental llness again. I don't hear voices and neither do sane people.
Jim

London, UK

#4351 Dec 27, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying Jim. There must be a God because
you can't see, hear, or feel him. And he plainly
says he loves you. Be still and listen for his
voice.
So sad that religion teaches dishonesty in the age of science.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4352 Dec 27, 2013
angel we both know you are so biased that nothing in the world could ever convince you. Its funny but the same kinda people existed even when Jesus himself walked the earth. Some people just can't be helped.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#4353 Dec 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel we both know you are so biased that nothing in the world could ever convince you. Its funny but the same kinda people existed even when Jesus himself walked the earth. Some people just can't be helped.
jesus have never walked the earth

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lucy

Greensboro, NC

#4354 Dec 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Gates - atheist and world's largest philanthropist.
I thought we went through that yesterday?
But creationists must lie to protect their weak cults
Luke 20:45-21:4

[45] While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples,[46] "Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets.[47] They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."

[21:1] As he looked up, Jesus saw the "rich" putting their gifts into the temple treasury.[2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.

[3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others.[4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." ... She gave more than all.

Man will continue destroying what he doesnt understand. Until man seeks and comes to know the True Spirit of truth. For most part, the only interpretation he'll have - will be his own.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#4355 Dec 27, 2013
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 20:45-21:4
[45] While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples,[46] "Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets.[47] They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
[21:1] As he looked up, Jesus saw the "rich" putting their gifts into the temple treasury.[2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.
[3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others.[4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." ... She gave more than all.
Man will continue destroying what he doesnt understand. Until man seeks and comes to know the True Spirit of truth. For most part, the only interpretation he'll have - will be his own.
Bible quotes = quoted fairy tales
Jim

London, UK

#4358 Dec 27, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible quotes = quoted fairy tales
People who are lost for words, quote the bible.
LCNin

United States

#4359 Dec 27, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
More essays from the religious liars with no scientific honesty to speak of.
Professor Richard Dawkins today dismissed his hard-earned reputation as a militant atheist - admitting that he is actually agnostic as he can't prove God doesn't exist.
The country's foremost champion of the Darwinist evolution, who wrote The God Delusion, stunned audience members when he made the confession during a lively debate on the origins of the universe with the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Professor Dawkins, the former Oxford Professor for the Public Understanding of Science, is a dedicated admirer of Charles Darwin, regarding the Victorian pioneer of evolution as the man who explained ‘everything we know about life’.

-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21058...
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4360 Dec 27, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor Richard Dawkins today dismissed his hard-earned reputation as a militant atheist - admitting that he is actually agnostic as he can't prove God doesn't exist.
The country's foremost champion of the Darwinist evolution, who wrote The God Delusion, stunned audience members when he made the confession during a lively debate on the origins of the universe with the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Professor Dawkins, the former Oxford Professor for the Public Understanding of Science, is a dedicated admirer of Charles Darwin, regarding the Victorian pioneer of evolution as the man who explained ‘everything we know about life’.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21058...
Yadda, yadda yadda. This has been explained to you enough times to eliminate the possibility of mistake as an explanation. You are either as obtuse as a 180 degree angle, or a deliberate spreader of falsehood. There is no contradiction of any sort in saying that the existence of god cannot be conclusively and absolutely disproved, but is still so improbable as to be unworthy of belief.
LCNin

United States

#4361 Dec 27, 2013
Albert Einstein Quotes on Spirituality

1. I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.
2. Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
3. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
4. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.
5. Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
6. The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
7. There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.
8. The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
9. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is the source of all true art and science.
10. We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
11. Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
12. When the solution is simple, God is answering.
13. God does not play dice with the universe.
14. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
15. A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.
16. Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
17. The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.
18. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
19. Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.
20. The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books—-a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/ei...
LCNin

United States

#4362 Dec 27, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yadda, yadda yadda. This has been explained to you enough times to eliminate the possibility of mistake as an explanation. You are either as obtuse as a 180 degree angle, or a deliberate spreader of falsehood. There is no contradiction of any sort in saying that the existence of god cannot be conclusively and absolutely disproved, but is still so improbable as to be unworthy of belief.
Remain defensive
and
have a great day
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4363 Dec 27, 2013
Richard Dawkins = bitter, old, mean atheist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#4364 Dec 27, 2013
LCNin wrote:
1. I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.
2. Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
3. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
4. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me onal mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
9. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is the source of all true art and science.
10. We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
11. Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
12. When the solution is simple, God is answering.
13. God does not play dice with the universe.
14. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
15. A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.
16. Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
17. The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.
18. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
19. Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.
20. The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books—-a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects.
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/ei...
Keep trying to cover up for Einstein hating your cult of liars:

"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws" (1954).[64]

WHY DO YOU LIE ABOUT EINSTEINS BELIEFS, WHEN WE CAN CHECK YOU STUPID CREATIONISTS?
Jim

London, UK

#4365 Dec 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Richard Dawkins = bitter, old, mean atheist.
Religious liars attack Dawkins because they cannot attack Atheism itself.
Jim

London, UK

#4366 Dec 27, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Remain defensive
and
have a great day
Remain ignorant

and run

along back to your 2005 discovery institute cult of stupidity.
LCNin

United States

#4367 Dec 27, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus have never walked the earth
Sweden is a Kingdom?

Prince George the star attraction at Royal family's Christmas

Four generations of the Royal family will celebrate Christmas together at Sandringham, and there is no doubting who will be the centre of attention

7:30PM GMT 24 Dec 2013

Prince George will spend his first Christmas at the Queen’s Norfolk residence after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge opted to spend the day there rather than with the Middleton family.

It will be the first time since the reign of Queen Victoria that a monarch and her three direct successors will have spent Christmas together, but Royal-watchers hoping to catch a glimpse of Prince George may be disappointed.

While the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will join the Queen, the Prince of Wales, Prince Harry and other members of the family at St Mary Magdalene church in Sandringham, they may opt to leave their five-month-old son with a nanny.

Would be great to be back in England!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4368 Dec 27, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, Bob, read some of WarforOil's posts more carefully. They are fairly funny send ups of True Christian (TM) posts.
I did not realize he was a Poe.

That *is* funny-- thanks for the heads up.

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#4369 Dec 28, 2013
LCNin wrote:
Einstein was Atheist - he didn't believe in god and thought that Christians were liars for talking about god.
Well done LCN you finally got the facts straight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 16 min Joe Momma 1,954
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min Joe Momma 58,258
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 31 min Joe Momma 27,334
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 41 min Now Is The Time 56
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 171
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 10 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,947
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 13 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web