'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4242 Dec 21, 2013
Religitards used to get to burn witches.

Now about the best they can manage is to criticise, but not stop, swearing.
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
When challenged, religionists prefer to troll Atheism forums endlessly as retaliation for being cornered about lying.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4243 Dec 21, 2013
Are you guys teenagers or just immature adult morons? I present you with facts regarding the homosexual lifestyle and the best you can do is call me a retard lol Pretty darn comical
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#4244 Dec 21, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Are you guys teenagers or just immature adult morons?
We're not the ones with imaginary friends.
antiatheist wrote:
I present you with facts regarding the homosexual lifestyle and the best you can do is call me a retard lol Pretty darn comical
This from someone who appears not to know that the Piltdown Man was a hoax and so was no more science than is Creationism/ID (p196).
antiatheist wrote:
...Piltdown man was somehow a Christian hoax???? haha...man the desperation here is at an all time high.
You sound desperate.

Regarding the hoax being perpetrated by a Christian, you are the one whoís arguing that the great majority are religious now. If so, there would be little chance that the person who perpetrated the hoax wasnít a Christian back then when there was a blasphemy law in the UK.(The perp/s aren't known for certain).

You donít know what youíre talking about, AA. You seem prejudiced against more than one group,(atheists and gays) and that is typical of bigotry. You certainly arenít in any position to accuse others of immaturity or being moronic.

Religion = superstition
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4245 Dec 21, 2013
Excellent post. Better than aa deserves.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>We're not the ones with imaginary friends.
<quoted text> This from someone who appears not to know that the Piltdown Man was a hoax and so was no more science than is Creationism/ID (p196).
<quoted text>You sound desperate.
Regarding the hoax being perpetrated by a Christian, you are the one whoís arguing that the great majority are religious now. If so, there would be little chance that the person who perpetrated the hoax wasnít a Christian back then when there was a blasphemy law in the UK.(The perp/s aren't known for certain).
You donít know what youíre talking about, AA. You seem prejudiced against more than one group,(atheists and gays) and that is typical of bigotry. You certainly arenít in any position to accuse others of immaturity or being moronic.
Religion = superstition
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4246 Dec 21, 2013
Piltdown man...yup that says it all. Scientists claimed he was the missing link. This is just one in a long line of "scientific" hoaxes that you guys are more than willing to fall for hook, line, and sinker. I bet most of you also thought you were going to be able to keep your health care plan.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4247 Dec 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
anti is just another slackbrained fuckwit.
<quoted text>
Indeed he is.

His hate is so obvious, it's amazing he has managed to hang onto a computer this long-- before he got mad, and tossed it through the nearest window...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4248 Dec 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Religitards used to get to burn witches.
Now about the best they can manage is to criticise, but not stop, swearing.
<quoted text>
Yet another reason why they hate us non-believers.

We have asserted our right to be alive, and to **not** be murdered at the whims of their ugly church.

And they **really** hate that.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4249 Dec 21, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Are you guys teenagers or just immature adult morons? I present you with facts regarding the homosexual lifestyle and the best you can do is call me a retard lol Pretty darn comical
You presented nothing but lies.

Even when you linked to a news-bit? YOU LIED about what it said!

Seriously-- you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4250 Dec 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Excellent post. Better than aa deserves.
<quoted text>
A polite "How do you do?" is **much** better than AA deserves.

However, since most unbelievers are **civilized**?(in contrast to people like him)

He will get better than he deserves, in spite of his hateful ways.
LCNLin

United States

#4251 Dec 21, 2013
Seems to no proof of atheist religion,
philosophy
or system of belief.

An evangelical atheist troll is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too

When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their Atheist Belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one.:-)
LCNLin

United States

#4252 Dec 21, 2013
Seems to *be* no proof of atheist religion,

philosophy

or system of belief.

An evangelical atheist troll is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too

When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith',

not realizing that their Atheist Belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one.:-)
Jim

London, UK

#4254 Dec 22, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Christard still trying to make atheism into something it isn't with lies
Yeah, maybe its a cultural thing, but us brits see LCN's religious propoganda as quite desperate.
Jim

London, UK

#4255 Dec 22, 2013
You can see how LCN tries desperately to lie by creating new definitions eg. "militant atheist" or claiming that atheism is communism.

In Britain we grew up reading about propoganda in schools and how it is used to lie to citizens.

Seeing this persons feeble attempts to redefine atheism through propoganda is quite amusing.
Jim

London, UK

#4256 Dec 22, 2013
Atheism has always been a disbelief in religious liars and nothing more.

This fact frustrates religious people who are trying to get their message in edgeways.
Jim

London, UK

#4257 Dec 22, 2013
Willing to bet LCN's church looks like a 1960s church complete with segregation.
Jim

London, UK

#4258 Dec 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
There are sites where you can get help with coming out. The Atheism forum is not the best place to make your announcement.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4259 Dec 22, 2013
homosexuality is terrible. Why would any of you help people shorten their lifespans? You must really hate them.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4260 Dec 22, 2013
Lesbians live longer than heterosexuals.
antiatheist wrote:
homosexuality is terrible. Why would any of you help people shorten their lifespans? You must really hate them.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4261 Dec 22, 2013
actually they don't.......love the way you make things up with no proof whatsoever.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4263 Dec 22, 2013
show me proof that I'm wrong. Didn't think so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 24 min Eagle 12 2,283
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 42 min QUITTNER Dec 21 2014 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Geezerjock 232,902
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr _Bad Company 143
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 23 hr Yiago 148
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) Sat thetruth 34
More from around the web