'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4219 Dec 20, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
3% is a lot of people?
yes Anti, when you are counting and using numbers like a big boy,ten million is a big number.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4220 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
anti can't even use reply properly, the retard.
<quoted text>
This is likely due to too much arsenic in his Genuine Jesus Crackers™.

It's a well known fact, that Genuine Jesus products are substandard at best, and often contain brain-damaging products.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4221 Dec 20, 2013
Agnostic wrote:
What's funny about this they love to claim that this is a Christian nation, but you know except for helping the poor and feeding them or protecting them...to them Pope Francis is a Marxist communist says their oracle Pope Rush of Limballs since the Pope started attacking the Republican ideology.
It's funny watching them tie themselves in knotts since the Pope started attacking their mindset....
I *have* been laughing at the mouth-frothing from Genuine Jesus Club™ members, over the comments by the latest pope.

It's quite amusing: the latest pope is only trying to get christians to...

.... be more christian.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4222 Dec 20, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
retard, liar, sh*t, a**.....and those are only the words used in the last few posts. You really are some sad, hateful people. I really do feel sorry for you. It must be a lonely existence. I mean there are only 3% of you across the country so it must be next to impossible to find someone close. You have to resort to the internet and atheists meetings.
Wrong.

Non-christholes make up more than 80% of the world.

Your little club is a very sorry minority, bub.

Because you don't accept just *any* old christian-- nope-- you demand that they believe **exactly** like you.

And that means? 99.9999% of the world does not qualify in your sorry worldview.

You are one ignorant monkey.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4223 Dec 20, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
your numbers are off as usual but hell lets run with it.
population of US 314,000,000 3% would be 9,420,000
I would say thast a pretty large group of people.
Yes. Yes it would.

:D
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4224 Dec 20, 2013
Christian Polling Group Finds Atheists Divorce Less Than Christians

An Evangelical Christian pollster finds that atheists commit less crimes, divorce less, and are better educated than their fellow Christians.

“It is obvious that you do not have to believe in a higher power in order to live a moral and successful life. Quite the opposite,” the Knoxville News‘ Al Westerfield writes of the study, adding that “the groups with the highest crime rate, the poorest marriages and the lowest education continually strive to force their beliefs on the nonreligious.

And the politicians pander to them. Why else would they pass laws to put religion in the schools and on courthouse facades? And then they wonder why the godless could possibly be upset.”

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/christia...
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4225 Dec 20, 2013
Another interesting related fact is the lowest divorce rates are in the more liberal states. The higher ones in the more conservative ones.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4226 Dec 20, 2013
the new civil rights movement? ha.......try again loser.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4227 Dec 20, 2013
What do you want to bet that the Bakers who won’t bake cakes for gay marriages because sin, don’t blink an eye at baking cakes for adulterous second marriages?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4228 Dec 20, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
retard, liar, sh*t, a**.....and those are only the words used in the last few posts. You really are some sad, hateful people. I really do feel sorry for you. It must be a lonely existence. I mean there are only 3% of you across the country so it must be next to impossible to find someone close. You have to resort to the internet and atheists meetings.
stop projecting your hate
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4229 Dec 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I *have* been laughing at the mouth-frothing from Genuine Jesus Club™ members, over the comments by the latest pope.
It's quite amusing: the latest pope is only trying to get christians to...
.... be more christian.
Yes, I cannot figure out how fundamentalist christian republican can read the Paul Ryan budget AND the sermon on the mount and not have their heads explode from sheer cognitive dissonance. The two really are so far apart philosophically there is no way to embrace both simultaneously.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4230 Dec 20, 2013
a marriage between a man and a woman sometimes turns out bad. A marriage between a man and a man is always a bad thing. Not one positive thing can come out of it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4231 Dec 20, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I cannot figure out how fundamentalist christian republican can read the Paul Ryan budget AND the sermon on the mount and not have their heads explode from sheer cognitive dissonance. The two really are so far apart philosophically there is no way to embrace both simultaneously.
I cannot fathom that either.

It just goes to show how deeply the indroctrination has sunk with these ...(and I use the word loosely)... people.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4232 Dec 20, 2013
Thanks to Utah today legalizing gay marriage:

Gay marriage is now legal in every state in which Mitt Romney owns a home.

Heh.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4233 Dec 20, 2013
Why are you in favor of homosexual activity when it shortens people's life spans and makes them more likely to get VD? I thought you loved the homosexual

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4234 Dec 20, 2013
Agnostic wrote:
Thanks to Utah today legalizing gay marriage:
Gay marriage is now legal in every state in which Mitt Romney owns a home.
Heh.
That is a bit of welcome ironic news.

I quite imagine Mitt-the-Twitt is p*ssed.

If he's even aware-- he did seem to be living in a complete disconnect with reality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4235 Dec 21, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Why are you in favor of homosexual activity when it shortens people's life spans and makes them more likely to get VD? I thought you loved the homosexual
You are just a hate-filled pustule, aren't you?

That "love" of your imaginary jewsus just shines through your every word.

No *wonder* people call christianity a hate-cult.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4237 Dec 21, 2013
anti is just another slackbrained fuckwit.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
This is likely due to too much arsenic in his Genuine Jesus Crackers™.
It's a well known fact, that Genuine Jesus products are substandard at best, and often contain brain-damaging products.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#4239 Dec 21, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You have prayed yourself retarded.
Lol!
Gods bless people with ignorance.
LCNLin

United States

#4240 Dec 21, 2013
"anti is just another slackbrained fuckwit." T :-)

When challenged on atheist beliefs,
some atheist trolls,
only some,
fall back on
"Potty Mouth"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 23 min lightbeamrider 4,980
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr lightbeamrider 85,623
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 9 hr emperorjohn 112
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web