'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4176 Dec 19, 2013
I assume you studied drosophila at school? Fruit flies are a great genetic study aid.

I heard Sarah Palin laughing about science laughing, "I kid you not, there are scientists studying fruit flies in Paris, France"... and I was left speechless how someone as retarded as her can be so pleased with her own idiocy. Actually, when I say speechless, I meant I called her a c**t.

antiatheist is very similar.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>People who are as religious as you are the ones mostly seen as wacko.....
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
Richard Mourdock (R-IN):”I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”– October 2012
Todd Akin (R-MO):“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down”- mid 2012 Senate Campaign.
And the Michelle Bachmanns and S Palins to mention just a few religious cranks.
Objectively it has to be said that there's no evidence of any Abrahamic god(s), nor any of these:
godchecker.com
How's this for wacky.....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...
or this...
https://www.google.co.uk/search...
Worshipping god(s) in the 21st century is wacky.
And this can be the effect of religion on society....
Quote, "... only 47 percent of Americans believe in evolution. "
source:
http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nearly-half-of-...
I suspect that when you are more clearly in the minority you'll follow the herd, AA, by the sound of it. You certainly can't justify any religious beliefs or anti-atheist bias.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4177 Dec 19, 2013
You called her a c**t. Well that pretty much sums of the level of your intelligence.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4178 Dec 19, 2013
where I come from only low class people talk like that
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4179 Dec 19, 2013
Calling you a c**t all day wouldn't make you any less retarded.
antiatheist wrote:
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4180 Dec 19, 2013
Then you must come from a very low class place. It shows.
antiatheist wrote:
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4181 Dec 19, 2013
again..........kinda trashy but thats what I would expect from most atheists.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#4182 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
again..........kinda trashy but thats what I would expect from most atheists.
you are trash!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4183 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well see there I already knew you wouldn't accept it. Its the same ole song and dance by you guys. You only like the evidence that you agree with........not very science like of you.
Dr. Morris probably is smarter than any of us when it comes to fluid dynamics. That doesn't make him any more authoritative on the validity of evolution than some guy down at the end of the bar. Doctoral degrees are degrees * in * a particular topic because the person studied that topic with a great deal of focus. Usually, to the exclusion of studying much in unrelated fields. Outside their particular field, holders of doctorates are generally not better informed than other members of the general public. The opinion of a doctor of fluid mechanics on evolution is no more authoritative than the opinion of someone with a doctorate in renaissance literature. A doctorate degree is not a general certificate that everything one says on any topic under the sun should automatically be accorded weight. One certainly needs a fair degree of intelligence to earn a doctorate, but most use that intelligence to avoid making bold pronouncements about fields quite divergent from their own.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4184 Dec 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I see antiatheist still has nothing.
<quoted text>
He won't even acknowledge being asked the question. If he doesn't accept evolution, and believes all creation took place in 6 days 6,000 years ago, he has no possible explanation for the appearance of new bacterial strains. If they weren't created and didn't evolve, where did they come from?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4185 Dec 19, 2013
Does this mean if I give you a study done by a Ph.D. in the field of biology then you will accept it?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4186 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Does this mean if I give you a study done by a Ph.D. in the field of biology then you will accept it?
Let me guess. You found a microbiologist whose dissertation was on major polyamines in Chryseobacterium indologenes, and that's your expert witness on evolution, right?

I will consider studies done by people with relevant credentials, and will consider them in the light of the number of other studies on the same topic. If your article is supported by the weight of opinion in the field, that's one thing. If it is an outlier claiming "I'm right and all those other scientists are wrong", that's something else again.

Good luck on finding a properly credentialed biologist who doesn't believe in evolution. Maybe when you find a talking snake, you can ask for directions.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4187 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist is too retarded to understand we expect "evidence" to be peer reviewed.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Morris probably is smarter than any of us when it comes to fluid dynamics. That doesn't make him any more authoritative on the validity of evolution than some guy down at the end of the bar. Doctoral degrees are degrees * in * a particular topic because the person studied that topic with a great deal of focus. Usually, to the exclusion of studying much in unrelated fields. Outside their particular field, holders of doctorates are generally not better informed than other members of the general public. The opinion of a doctor of fluid mechanics on evolution is no more authoritative than the opinion of someone with a doctorate in renaissance literature. A doctorate degree is not a general certificate that everything one says on any topic under the sun should automatically be accorded weight. One certainly needs a fair degree of intelligence to earn a doctorate, but most use that intelligence to avoid making bold pronouncements about fields quite divergent from their own.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4188 Dec 19, 2013
lol figured. You are all alike. You claim you want evidence, yet what you really want is evidence that you think supports what you already believe. You are a joke
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4189 Dec 19, 2013
this is just some of the scientist that believe in creation. Let me guess, you think all these guys are idiots.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bio...
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4190 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
this is just some of the scientist that believe in creation. Let me guess, you think all these guys are idiots.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bio...
Yes.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4191 Dec 19, 2013
you can lead a horse to water
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4192 Dec 19, 2013
I don't click on antireply's links but I trust you in this matter.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
LCNLin

United States

#4193 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You called her a c**t. Well that pretty much sums of the level of your intelligence.
Atheist trolls dish it out but can not take it.

No proof of their religion, philosophy or their "what ever" and they get rather defensive.

Dawkins became an agnostic and they are in a lather :-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#4194 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you can lead a horse to water
But you can't make theists think.
Jenks

United States

#4195 Dec 20, 2013
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
Morris has a degree in fluid mechanical engineering not in one of the life sciences and he also argues that the earth is just 6,000 years old. You know the ones that say Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs.
No, he is not smarter, he's just learned the art of appealing to people like you.
Oh look another 'Justaminute' aka Karen Janbaz of OKC post only this time she is using different sock puppet at the moment "Agnostic".....

So you looked something up on Wikipedia...bravo...but you claim you have an accounting degree but have so much trouble with basic math, LOL.

Fake, pretender, liar and village idiot so you have some hope misrepresenting and lying I'm sure those skills help your work for the Obama Project.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min Patrick 18,708
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Into The Night 618
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Patrick 10,091
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Patrick 234
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 256,637
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 5 hr Eagle 12 808
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Into The Night 43,411
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 5 hr Thinking 794
More from around the web