'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4156 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
broke off from the missing link? uh huh okay. We have found this missing link? Is he related to the Piltdown man? Amazing how gullible people can be. Still waiting for some examples of one species changing into another. By evidence, I mean actual pictures or fairly complete fossils showing this supposed transition. There should be millions so surely you can come up with at least one. Please don't send me a picture of an artistic rendering or on small bone that some "scientist" extrapolated into a being.
Broken record, we have gone over this AT GREAT LEGNTH!

You ask question after question then bitch when you dont like the scientifically backed answers. YET YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER ANY OF OUR QUESTIONS

WHERE ARE YOUR MILLIONS OF EXAMPLES THAT GOD EXISTS OR THAT RELIGION IS ANYTHING MORE THAN AN ANCIENT SUPERSTITION?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4157 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
So if I gave you a link that said evolution was a lie you wouldn't discard it? Give me a break.
You are free to refute the evidence provided to you.

You don't get to pretend that it wasn't provided.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4158 Dec 19, 2013
you can't provide proof angel so you start questioning me? Wheres your millions of trans fossils?? Can't answer that one I know.

Box are you simply not reading my posts? I already explained to you that single bones and teeth don't prove squat. So try again. Show me where one species turned into another and where is this missing link?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4159 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist is too cretinous to use reply. I don't hold out much hope.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to refute the evidence provided to you.
You don't get to pretend that it wasn't provided.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4160 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
man I sure get tired having to educate so many of you all the time. 80% believe in God and only 3% categorize themselves as atheists. Others see themselves as agnostic, etc. Comprende? Atheists are a tiny group of crazies.
Atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods. People who do not believe in god are, by virtue of that fact alone, atheists, by definition. If 20% of the population do not believe in god, then 20% of the population is atheist, regardless of what label the apply to it.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4161 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you can't provide proof angel so you start questioning me? Wheres your millions of trans fossils?? Can't answer that one I know.
Box are you simply not reading my posts? I already explained to you that single bones and teeth don't prove squat. So try again. Show me where one species turned into another and where is this missing link?
Explain penicillin resistant bacteria strains without resort to explanations that involve evolution. Is this another "goddidit"? Did your benevolent god who loves us so much decide that too many people were escaping suffering with antibiotics, so he created new forms of bacteria that were resistant to antibiotics to put a stop to all that non-suffering? You have to admit, evolution is a much more intelligent and coherent explanation that a sulking sky-man for the emergence of new strains of bacteria.

Location hidden

#4162 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
If you had actually gone to my links, you'd see that we're not talking about single bones or teeth. We have many hominid skulls and bodies.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4163 Dec 19, 2013
Oh but I did go to your links. I copy and pasted a direct quote from the site if you bothered to read.

Its also funny you want me to accept your sources yet when I give a source there is no way you will accept it. You cry "give me evidence" but when faced with evidence you question the source. Its the same ole song and dance by you guys.

amused let me educate you one more time. Atheists say there is no God. Which is dumb in itself because there is no possible way you could know that. The remainder of the 20% doesn't make a decision either way. Sorry Charlie, face the fact that you are part of a 3% wacko group.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4164 Dec 19, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had actually gone to my links, you'd see that we're not talking about single bones or teeth. We have many hominid skulls and bodies.
Don't waste your time with this idiot. What he's looking for is a fossil of a Centaur or a 1/2 fish 1/2 wombat... basically what he thinks a transitional fossil should be based on his vast ignorance of science.

He's just here to try and out-stupid the other creationist trolls... and he's doing a good job of it

Location hidden

#4165 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh but I did go to your links. I copy and pasted a direct quote from the site if you bothered to read.
You're lying. Simply scrolling down the page, you'd see skulls and even nearly complete skeletons. Not single bones and teeth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_ev...
antiatheist wrote:
Its also funny you want me to accept your sources yet when I give a source there is no way you will accept it.
I haven't done that with any of your sources. Stop making up "hypothetical hypocrisy".
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4166 Dec 19, 2013
are you not able to show any fossils that indicate a transition from one species into another? Of course you aren't yet that is what you expect people to believe. Hard to understand why so many of you put complete faith in something that is far from proven.

I'm not talking about species evolving. Change is a fact of life and nobody is denying that. However, what you want us to believe is that species change from one to another. If this were true, there would be millions of fossils showing this transition. There are none. Major problem for you although I know you won't admit it.

Location hidden

#4167 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
are you not able to show any fossils that indicate a transition from one species into another?
I gave you a link showing that scientists have SEEN new species arise. In labs. In nature.

But if fossils specifically is what you're looking for, tell me this: what kinds of fossils would convince you that a transition between species had occurred?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4168 Dec 19, 2013
well its really hard to take that seriously when they list "Lucy" as one of their examples. Wasn't this supposed to be the missing link? Ha...just another human skull or ape skull but no transitional skull. This one was debunked just like the Piltdown many and several others. I'm sure we'll all hear about the next greatest find on CNN soon.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4169 Dec 19, 2013
I'm lying??? Ha....then your article must be lying because this is a direct quote.

"As there are thousands of fossils, mostly fragmentary, often consisting of single bones or isolated teeth with complete skulls and skeletons rare"
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4170 Dec 19, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. Simply scrolling down the page, you'd see skulls and even nearly complete skeletons....
If he can't work the reply button, why on earth would you expect him to be able to manipulate the scroll wheel on his mouse?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4171 Dec 19, 2013
Pretty good article written by a Ph.D. that is probably smarter than all of you put together. I'll be waiting for all the crying about how this is not a good source yadda yadda yadda. Some of you will probably even wet your pants.

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_t...
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#4172 Dec 19, 2013
I see antiatheist still has nothing.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain penicillin resistant bacteria strains without resort to explanations that involve evolution. Is this another "goddidit"? Did your benevolent god who loves us so much decide that too many people were escaping suffering with antibiotics, so he created new forms of bacteria that were resistant to antibiotics to put a stop to all that non-suffering? You have to admit, evolution is a much more intelligent and coherent explanation that a sulking sky-man for the emergence of new strains of bacteria.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4173 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Pretty good article written by a Ph.D. that is probably smarter than all of you put together. I'll be waiting for all the crying about how this is not a good source yadda yadda yadda. Some of you will probably even wet your pants.
http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_t...
Morris has a degree in fluid mechanical engineering not in one of the life sciences and he also argues that the earth is just 6,000 years old. You know the ones that say Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs.

No, he is not smarter, he's just learned the art of appealing to people like you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4174 Dec 19, 2013
well see there I already knew you wouldn't accept it. Its the same ole song and dance by you guys. You only like the evidence that you agree with........not very science like of you.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#4175 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
...., face the fact that you are part of a 3% wacko group.
People who are as religious as you are the ones mostly seen as wacko.....
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
Richard Mourdock (R-IN):”I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”– October 2012
Todd Akin (R-MO):“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down”- mid 2012 Senate Campaign.
And the Michelle Bachmanns and S Palins to mention just a few religious cranks.

Objectively it has to be said that there's no evidence of any Abrahamic god(s), nor any of these:
godchecker.com

How's this for wacky.....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...
or this...
https://www.google.co.uk/search...
Worshipping god(s) in the 21st century is wacky.

And this can be the effect of religion on society....
Quote, "... only 47 percent of Americans believe in evolution. "
source:
http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nearly-half-of-...

I suspect that when you are more clearly in the minority you'll follow the herd, AA, by the sound of it. You certainly can't justify any religious beliefs or anti-atheist bias.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 5 hr old_moose 94
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 5 hr Eagle 12 - 104
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 79,988
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Fri blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web