'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4136 Dec 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"We " is He and his tapeworm?
Seem warmed over Dawkins with some mumbo jumbo.
None of his ramblings prove the atheist philosophy :-)
See, that's the thing.,religion is a faith,science is based on facts. I guess you think all those fossils were placed there by the Devil.

Science has a fossil record and carbon dating to verify age....

So if your looking for verifiable proof, your on the wrong side of the argument. You will never be able to drag us down to your level no matter how hard you try.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4137 Dec 18, 2013
When you die, you will be a transitional fossil.

The missing link is just a christard/islamotard thing. Science doesn't need it.
antiatheist wrote:
broke off from the missing link? uh huh okay. We have found this missing link? Is he related to the Piltdown man? Amazing how gullible people can be. Still waiting for some examples of one species changing into another. By evidence, I mean actual pictures or fairly complete fossils showing this supposed transition. There should be millions so surely you can come up with at least one. Please don't send me a picture of an artistic rendering or on small bone that some "scientist" extrapolated into a being.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4138 Dec 18, 2013
science is based on facts? You mean like the Piltdown man? A segment of science has become far too influenced by humanist who have no faith in God and their "science" reflects their obvious bias. Lets face it, you have no proof of any such transitions of one species to another. Its people like you that give science a bad name.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4139 Dec 18, 2013
Piltdown man was a christard lie debunked by the scientific method.

christards just love holding back progress.
antiatheist wrote:
science is based on facts? You mean like the Piltdown man? A segment of science has become far too influenced by humanist who have no faith in God and their "science" reflects their obvious bias. Lets face it, you have no proof of any such transitions of one species to another. Its people like you that give science a bad name.
Agnostic

Oklahoma City, OK

#4140 Dec 18, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Instead of easily debunked crapola, try an actual course given by a university that is open to all. Try your pet theories out on actual scientists.

Here you go:

https://www.coursera.org/course/humanevolutio...

Human Evolution: Past and Future

Introduction to the science of human origins, the fossil and archaeological record, and genetic ancestry of living and ancient human populations. The course emphasizes the ways our evolution touches our lives, including health and diet, and explores how deep history may shape the future of our species.

Not only is it open to all, it's free and conducted on-line through the University of Wisconsin.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4141 Dec 18, 2013
Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of easily debunked crapola, try an actual course given by a university that is open to all. Try your pet theories out on actual scientists.
Here you go:
https://www.coursera.org/course/humanevolutio...
Human Evolution: Past and Future
Introduction to the science of human origins, the fossil and archaeological record, and genetic ancestry of living and ancient human populations. The course emphasizes the ways our evolution touches our lives, including health and diet, and explores how deep history may shape the future of our species.
Not only is it open to all, it's free and conducted on-line through the University of Wisconsin.
Sadly that will not work for Anti. He/she has a conspiracy theory that all scientists are in cohorts to take over the world with their supposed lies and fake research.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4142 Dec 18, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
By evidence, I mean actual pictures or fairly complete fossils showing this supposed transition. There should be millions so surely you can come up with at least one.
I gave you a link. Are you pretending not to have seen it?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4143 Dec 18, 2013
"thousands of fossils, mostly fragmentary, often consisting of single bones or isolated teeth with complete skulls and skeletons rare".

Ya I'd say they are rare. So rare they don't even exist. Box these are single bones, isolated teeth, etc. and this is the best you can come up with? A Wikipedia link with bone fragments? Ha.....pretty desperate. There should be millions of trans fossils and there aren't. There are only bone fragments and the rest is left up to human imagination and artistic rendering and you call this science?

Piltdown man was somehow a Christian hoax???? haha...man the desperation here is at an all time high.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4144 Dec 18, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't matter what information you provided, anti will discard it.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4145 Dec 18, 2013
So if I gave you a link that said evolution was a lie you wouldn't discard it? Give me a break.
Cotton Club

United States

#4146 Dec 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
41,000 denominations and counting...
Can you think of another service industry so inefficient, with such over supply?
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! Excellent point that really puts the whole matter in perspective. One would think that they would be running out of names for all those lucrative, tax-free cults.
Jim

London, UK

#4147 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
"thousands of fossils, mostly fragmentary, often consisting of single bones or isolated teeth with complete skulls and skeletons rare".
Ya I'd say they are rare. So rare they don't even exist. Box these are single bones, isolated teeth, etc. and this is the best you can come up with? A Wikipedia link with bone fragments? Ha.....pretty desperate. There should be millions of trans fossils and there aren't. There are only bone fragments and the rest is left up to human imagination and artistic rendering and you call this science?
Piltdown man was somehow a Christian hoax???? haha...man the desperation here is at an all time high.
Evolution denial as with all science denial, is rooted in psychological illness, namely religion.
Jim

London, UK

#4148 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
So if I gave you a link that said evolution was a lie you wouldn't discard it? Give me a break.
Evolution is a fact, so it doesn't matter what you post or think, that's how science works.
Jim

London, UK

#4149 Dec 19, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are they pretending to not see evidence, they are downvoting atheist posts as well.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#4150 Dec 19, 2013
You know how campanology works, with change ringing? They just build longer names with the same words but in a different order.

church christian jesus saint holy new old reformed blah blah blah of our lady.

There are millions of possibilities yet still no deliverables.
Cotton Club wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!!!! Excellent point that really puts the whole matter in perspective. One would think that they would be running out of names for all those lucrative, tax-free cults.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#4151 Dec 19, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
christard can't read
Jim

London, UK

#4152 Dec 19, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
christard can't read
Downvoting the truth has always been the agenda of the bitter religious ignorants.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#4153 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Even the Catholic Church has agreed that evolution is correct.

Who cares what Catholics believe? I don't. The bible clearly states the view on creation. If Catholics don't agree with the word of God then they shouldn't even consider themselves believers.
And as it plainly commands in the Bible, all non-believers must be burned.
Clearly we need to start burning Catholics again to be right with God.
Jim

London, UK

#4154 Dec 19, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
And as it plainly commands in the Bible, all non-believers must be burned.
Clearly we need to start burning Catholics again to be right with God.
Religion causing murder again...*yawn*

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4155 Dec 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well as I figured nobody was able to give me one example of one species turning into another.
EVERYTHING EVOLVES. How about Judism evolving into Catholithism evolving into Protestantism

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min polymath257 239,214
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr ChristineM 7,410
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr ChristineM 19,045
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineM 2,181
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 22 hr Thinking 31
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,468
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists Mon thetruth 115
More from around the web