'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Jim

UK

#4008 Dec 15, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
It was easier to be admitted to my country club
than my congregation. The church has silly pledges,
oaths and rituals. The country club acceptance
was only financial The church was a financial
and a social review.
We're selective who gets thru the door.
Yes, we all know how selective you were in the 1960s, and heck the 1940s too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4009 Dec 15, 2013
First homophobia and now we are afraid of atheists? ha...is this your way of making yourself feel important? We aren't afraid, we pitty you. The internet is the only place you can spew your hate anonymously.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

UK

#4010 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
First homophobia and now we are afraid of atheists? ha...is this your way of making yourself feel important? We aren't afraid, we pitty you. The internet is the only place you can spew your hate anonymously.
You're so brave for trolling the atheism forum. Here's a badge.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4011 Dec 15, 2013
Oh I wouldn't want to take one away from your mighty 3% army. Plus its December and I know how hard you guys work on your Christmas billboards and such. Do you not realize how dumb atheists look? Thats probably why there is only 3% of you. 4032

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

UK

#4012 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh I wouldn't want to take one away from your mighty 3% army. Plus its December and I know how hard you guys work on your Christmas billboards and such. Do you not realize how dumb atheists look? Thats probably why there is only 3% of you. 4032
You spend 100% of your efforts on hating 3% of the population. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4013 Dec 15, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
It was easier to be admitted to my country club
than my congregation. The church has silly pledges,
oaths and rituals. The country club acceptance
was only financial The church was a financial
and a social review.
We're selective who gets thru the door.
Sounds about right then.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4014 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Pity????? lol.... you don't have compassion for anyone as far as I can tell from your posts on here. Aside from that, you have no reason to pity an atheist or anyone who chooses to not be religious. It's a choice, and a sensible one in my opinion lol. Now...if you want to pity me for something, pity the fact that I have 2 herniated disks at such a young age lol, but I don't even feel that way so I see no reason why you would or should ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4015 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Well your 90% army must really suck, cause your losing members lol ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#4016 Dec 15, 2013
not really........80% of the population believes in God. There has been atheists going back to the beginning of time. There seems to have always been a small percentage of kooks that continues today. Good luck with that

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4017 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
not really........80% of the population believes in God. There has been atheists going back to the beginning of time. There seems to have always been a small percentage of kooks that continues today. Good luck with that
Of course my idea of a kook, and your idea of a kook are certainly different, but yes there has most definitely always been kooks lol. Good luck with what?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#4018 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I thought the population of the religious was 90%... hell we're doin better than I thought lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4019 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You seem to have some trouble with numbers and statistics. Here is a recent Gallup poll.

Poll shows atheism on the rise in the U.S.

By Kimberly Winston| Religion News Service,August 13, 2012

Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.

The poll, called “The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism,” found that the number of Americans who say they are “religious” dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent.

At the same time, the number of Americans who say they are atheists rose, from 1 percent to 5 percent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

UK

#4020 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
90% of the world can't eat, read or write. Does that make starvation & illiteracy a virtue?
Jim

UK

#4021 Dec 15, 2013
Notice how the christian trolls downvote the posts they can't argue back against.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#4022 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
So your saying in the Gardern of Eden either Adam or Eve was an atheist?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4023 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
We don't need your pity.

And you **are** afraid of reason; that is why you fight so hard to get your religion into science class.

You can lie all you like-- your behavior proves you *are* afraid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4024 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Try 40%, doofus.

40% of the world does not believe in the god you worship.

In fact? More than that number-- by a **large** margin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4025 Dec 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Nope..... 60% or less.

And of those 60%? Less than 1% believe in **your** very ugly god.

That puts you into a very tiny minority.

Very....

... tiny.

Just like what's left of your mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4026 Dec 15, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of the world can't eat, read or write. Does that make starvation & illiteracy a virtue?
To him?

Illiteracy **is** a virtue.

We can tell, by his near-total ignorance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4027 Dec 15, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying in the Gardern of Eden either Adam or Eve was an atheist?
Brilliant!

LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min IB DaMann 51,648
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 1 hr Bunz6984 198
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Plum6303 22,121
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 4 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,654
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 hr Into The Night 5,796
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 24,677
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Eagle 12 11,407
More from around the web