'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Comments
3,761 - 3,780 of 7,541 Comments Last updated May 29, 2014
Ritz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting Karen the chunky monkey, wow you've got the icon scam working really well like I said keep it up moron pretty soon everyone in Oklahoma will know what a liar POS you are, LMAO!
Karen Janbaz 10 lbs of dogshit stuffed in a 5 lb bag!
Too kind, Karen's pic is posted on Anti-American business thread and 'chunky' doesn't describe her 'heftiness' I mean damn get a industrial shipping forklift to move her ass.

POS is a perfect description for her lack of character.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

funny thing is it wasn't even O'Reilly tonight. It was the guy from "The Five" filling in form him. Bob's a moron.
Lilly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
funny thing is it wasn't even O'Reilly tonight. It was the guy from "The Five" filling in form him. Bob's a moron.
LMAO! Erik Boling he's a former stock market guy and host on 'The Five. Erik is more like Neil Cavuto than Bill O'Reilly.
Lilly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

CBeal wrote:
<quoted text>
In America atheist fall between 5%-9% with Oregon having the highest percentage per state capita. In Australia atheist range from 10%-20% per capita. Parts of Europe and then up to 50% of Russia identify themselves as confirmed atheist.
*WIN-Gallup International Poll
05/2013
----------
O'Reilly gives his opinion which you may or may not agree with, he also has people of different opinions on his show, he is paid because he has a loyal following which value his opinion. That also follows through to his numerous NYT best sellers, books which most have been turned into movies all have been critically acclaimed and profitable. You call him derogatory names but your one voice negative out of many who respect his work. Since his show has started if memory serves me correct he has been #1 on his time slot for cable news program, which is like 15 years straight. He is a strong supporter of the Roman Catholic Church perhaps that is where you have the greatest disagreement with him since he also has pointed out the systematic 'War on Christmas' numerous times on his show?
The statement you made that he lies is highly debatable since he has a research team which analyses the factual veracity of his content prior to any airing of material. I have watched his program when he would make a correction on air usually with his talking points segment where apparently he made a statement of fact when there was a update to information that he wasn't aware of prior to show's air.
Another profitable and interesting show O'Reilly does is the tour he and Dennis Miller engage in which travels all across America. Whatever you may think about Bill O'Reilly he is a Harvard graduate and has carved a niche for himself in the very competitive world of t.v. journalism and he been incredibly successful.
What are your accomplishments?
Don't give them any facts just opinions. Facts muddle their collective theme.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
nope.......less than 3% describe themselves as atheist. You are on the fringe of society and rightfully so. You seem to have such a sad and pathetic life. I almost feel sorry for you
If atheists are just 3%, why do you feel so threatened?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

I'm not atheist.
I'm Episcopalian.
That's way better.

Any common scum can be an atheist.
My church requires an invitation
from the congregation. Very high
standards.

Jesus wouldn't have qualified.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
I'm not atheist.
I'm Episcopalian.
That's way better.
standards.
Hate comes easy for the religious.
Donnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Being 'religious' is not the same as being a 'Christian'....there are many who claim they are members of a church (WFO) but do not display any Christian qualities. Worse than the Pharisee's of the bible they are for sure and 'heaven' isn't where their final resting place with be.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Donnie wrote:
Being 'religious' is not the same as being a 'Christian'....there are many who claim they are members of a church (WFO) but do not display any Christian qualities. Worse than the Pharisee's of the bible they are for sure and 'heaven' isn't where their final resting place with be.
Trying to defend fake afterlives has played out.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
nope.......less than 3% describe themselves as atheist. You are on the fringe of society and rightfully so. You seem to have such a sad and pathetic life. I almost feel sorry for you
Unlike you?

I cheerfully accept anyone as "one of us" who is not a True Believer™.

Including, but not limited to, atheists, agnostics, free thinkers, non-religious, unbelievers, non-believers, unsure, not committed-to-belief, etc.

I'll even accept the non-theistic Buddhists, the nontheistic Unitarians, the atheist Jews... even the atheist christians (there are many such).

Add all of these up? The total exceeds 20%.

Your cult? Is less than 5% of the True Believing™ crowd. For you reject **all** claims of other religions **not** a part of your own, local religious group.

So who's the marginalized one here?

Oh! That would be ...**you**, hategodbot. That would be you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

CBeal wrote:
<quoted text>
In America atheist fall between 5%-9%....
And that is all I bothered to read in your Wall-O-Hate.

See my previous post-- 20% and more, describes the group I self-identify with.

Your lies? Do not.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
Who cares which Faux Lying Show it was on?

Fox is the mouth piece of it's owner. That's it.

It is 100% unacquainted with either facts or reality.

The fact that you *watch* it? Proves to 100% you are just another sheep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Donnie wrote:
If you are talking about the Westburough Baptist church, out of Kansas?

They are certainly more *honest* about the ugly bible than your typical Genuine Christian™, that is for certain.

They quite easily demonstrate exactly why trying to actually *follow* the bible leads to evil behavior.

Fortunately, the vast majority of Genuine Christians™ only follow less than 1% of the bible's commands.

Fortunately for the world, that is...

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
I'm not atheist.
I'm Episcopalian.
That's way better.
standards.
Well that will just be between you, your church and Jesus. I hear he has a temper though he may not understand why you wont let him in the doors.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares which Faux Lying Show it was on?
Fox is the mouth piece of it's owner. That's it.
It is 100% unacquainted with either facts or reality.
The fact that you *watch* it? Proves to 100% you are just another sheep.
100%? Like to exaggerate don't you? What you sound like to me is your a loyal MSNBC viewer who has a chip on your shoulder from being raped by the ratings, lol. Too bad...soooo sad! Sheeple indeed, LMAO.

Pierson the gunman in Colorado was a lefty as well. Hated conservative ideas and touted the Keynesian Theory of Economics just like the progressive libs do. His views politically were described as 'outside of the mainstream' by his classmates. He hated republicans, he hated this and he hated that, hate, hate, hate....he hated his instructor on the debate team and sought him out to kill but instead of his original target he shoots a girl in the head wounding her critically then like the coward he was shoots himself committing suicide.

The truth isn't owned by any of the alphabet networks absolutely none of them including FOX. They all give varying stages of facts except MSNBC which isn't a news outlet at all by a propaganda machine for the progressive liberals in politics. Ed Schultz is on the payroll of unions while he pretends to be giving truthful commentary about labor/union organizations. Paid commentator for MSNBC, paid union stool pigeon...hypocrisy at it's finest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
100%? Like to exaggerate don't you? What you sound like to me is your a loyal MSNBC...
And that's when I quit reading your Wall-O-Hate.

Yes: 100%.

Faux SNooze is not interested in being informative.

What it *does* is create a false myth in the pudding-like brains of it's slaves-erm-- watchers.

It's 100% pure distilled propaganda.

The fact that it's popular? Means zip.

Reality, and therefore *actual* news is not a popularity contest.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

I don't think you understand Anti---- it really doesn't matter how small the group of Atheists may be as of right now....the only thing that matters is that the new generations are coming into reality, and asking questions that should be asked. This generation will carry on and on for many years to come, just as your religion has. Times are a changin ;)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

WarForOil wrote:
I'm not atheist.
I'm Episcopalian.
That's way better.
standards.
I suppose that invitations are given freely....????.. Episcopalians are known to be an equal opportunity bunch ;)
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
I don't think you understand Anti---- it really doesn't matter how small the group of Atheists may be as of right now....the only thing that matters is that the new generations are coming into reality, and asking questions that should be asked. This generation will carry on and on for many years to come, just as your religion has. Times are a changin ;)
Only arrogant and insecure religious people are scared by 3% of the population, that their parlour tricks won't work on.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that invitations are given freely....????..

Episcopalians are known to be an equal opportunity bunch ;)
It was easier to be admitted to my country club
than my congregation. The church has silly pledges,
oaths and rituals. The country club acceptance
was only financial The church was a financial
and a social review.

We're selective who gets thru the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Just Think 225,656
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 2 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 2 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 3 hr religionisillness 151

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••