'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,547

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Read more

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3907 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You guys apparently can't handle the reality of the homosexual lifestyle choice. Its very risky and not something that should be encouraged.
Are you speaking from direct personal experience?

Or is this just more of your fantasy-delusion speaking?

Perhaps you are jealous of the gays? And secretly wish you could be out with your own desires?

Hmmmm...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3908 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Jesus never spoke about a lot of things.
Indeed.

Your Jewsus **was** pretty clueless.

He never mentioned the earth was a spheriod, for example-- that would have saved countless lives.

He never mentioned that disease was caused by bacteria and viruses-- think of the **billions** of people who's lives would have been saved, if only your Jewsus had explained the *real* reason for most diseases....

.... but, sadly, your Jewsus was pretty ignorant.

Not unlike the savages who invented him, in fact.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Well

Havertown, PA

#3909 Dec 11, 2013
So on the bill gates warren buffet George soros
Giving to "charity"
Actually they just gave it to themselves
And have a tax shelter from the governmentand the donations and charity are politically motivated
Now they can say tax the rich and not get hit as hard

Now I'm not catholic but the church does a lot for non Catholics , and much of it seems unpolitical
Feeding homeless and stuff

But when gates builds "schools of the future "in low income urban areas and has ribbon cutting ceremonies standing next to democratic senetors mayors and being touted by the president
It's a pr thing and not real charity

Microsoft is the new Halliburton
They prolly run the whole NSA spying program
But hey democrats are incapable of being evil
It's not in there nature
Magical Thinking

Oklahoma City, OK

#3910 Dec 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
He never mentioned the earth was a spheriod, for example-- that would have saved countless lives.
He never mentioned that disease was caused by bacteria and viruses-- think of the **billions** of people who's lives would have been saved, if only your Jewsus had explained the *real* reason for most diseases....
He never mentioned the Chinese either.

Or other indigenous people that lived on the other side of the world from the Middle East Region.

But don't rag on the Middle Easterners of that time. Anti-atheist relatives were looking through their bodily wastes on the hunt for demons at that time.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3911 Dec 11, 2013
boy this board is sure filled with a lot of scum.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3912 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Indeed.... and then?

You go away for awhile, and it's quite pleasant... but you keep coming back....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leo

United States

#3913 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Listen I'm really not picking on you by what I posted earlier. I'm heterosexual and I choose to have a monogamous relationship with my spouse. To me the most satisfying life is a life with certain principals of behavior that enhances relationships. Relationships between husband and wife and the rest of humanity.

Not everyone in society is going to agree with my way of life due to the restrictions on behavior I put on myself. There are certain behavior I believe is counter productive to a prosperous full life.

Currently, you are posting on a atheist board which is frequented with individuals who personally believe that the spiritual world you personally believe in is non-existent. You have been on here posting away saying there is a spiritual world and these atheist are telling you there is no such thing and you believe in a hocus pocus Disneyland fantasy of GOD and his angels and Satan and his demons. You believe they don't... until something dramatically changes for either you or them you are in a stalemate.

It's not the end of the world for either you or them.

Let them go in peace, you go in peace. You are less stressed they are less amused.

The earth continues to revolve.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3914 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You guys apparently can't handle the reality of the homosexual lifestyle choice. Its very risky and not something that should be encouraged.
Jesus never spoke about a lot of things. You expect him to address every sin in the book? The bible does, however, clearly speak out against it.
It doesn't matter that Jesus himself never said anything. His purpose on earth wasn't to talk about gays.
Lets just forget that bible for a minute. Homosexuality is still against the moral laws of mankind. The anatomy of the human body makes it painfully obvious that man wasn't meant to have sex with another man. Thats why our bodies are made the way they are.
Homosexuality is found in over 600 species, homophobia in only one.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3915 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
a traditionalist? ha give me a break. Anyone that is being honest knows men aren't supposed to have sex with men. Its unsanitary and causes diseases.
That is true of almost all unsanitary practices.
LCNLin

United States

#3916 Dec 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
"Your Jewsus **was** pretty clueless."

Another epistle from the "Book of Bob" ?
Magical Thinking

Oklahoma City, OK

#3917 Dec 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That is true of almost all unsanitary practices.
Really in your posting with anti-atheism I truly get the feeling that his lack of awareness of sexually transmitted diseases and there prevalence in heterosexual relationships; you just could be posting to an adult virgin.

An uneducated one, but an adult virgin nevertheless.
Jim

London, UK

#3918 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
a traditionalist? ha give me a break. Anyone that is being honest knows men aren't supposed to have sex with men. Its unsanitary and causes diseases.
Majority of homophobes are gay. They hate gays because they can't admit the reality to themselves.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3919 Dec 12, 2013
Homophobe is word used way too much. I don't hate gays nor am I afraid of them. I simply believe its wrong and hurtful to society. Why would we promote something that is hurtful to people? Makes no sense
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3920 Dec 12, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
OK. If that's true, then how about oral sex performed by heterosexual couples? How about anal sex between hetero couples? Are you claiming that women's bodies are pathogen free and therefore safe and sanitary? Or are you just some 50 year old virgin who thinks all sex is icky, especially everything other than a quick and dutiful hump in the missionary position, for procreational purposes only, with neither party being allowed to actually take pleasure in the act?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#3921 Dec 12, 2013
Now swap the word "homophone" for "religiphobe"
antiatheist wrote:
Homophobe is word used way too much. I don't hate gays nor am I afraid of them. I simply believe its wrong and hurtful to society. Why would we promote something that is hurtful to people? Makes no sense
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#3922 Dec 12, 2013
homophobe (thanks spell correct for nothing!)^
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3923 Dec 12, 2013
if you think a man having sex with another man is sanitary then you must be gay yourself and can't admit the truth to yourself. The facts don't lie, gays are more likely to get sexual diseases. My guess is that you have had a few yourself.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3924 Dec 12, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
if you think a man having sex with another man is sanitary then you must be gay yourself and can't admit the truth to yourself. The facts don't lie, gays are more likely to get sexual diseases. My guess is that you have had a few yourself.
All sex is unsanitary, regardless of the gender(s) of the participants. That's how you know you are doing it right.
Jim

London, UK

#3925 Dec 12, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
That's not a simple belief, it takes time and effort for you to hate so specifically.

You're probably gay but too conflicted to admit it, so it comes out as homophobia.
Jim

London, UK

#3926 Dec 12, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Most heteresexuals don't think about gay sex, because they're straight. It just goes to show us what is on your mind...

A gay man f*cking a gay man has nothing to do with me as a straight person.

It only bothers closet gays like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 38 min Mr_SKY 6,395
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min Uncle Sam 236,832
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 56 min Freebird USA 9,240
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 7
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr EdmondWA 14,497
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) 2 hr Patrick n Angela 692
News Debating the God question (Oct '13) 2 hr Patrick n Angela 87
More from around the web