'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3887 Dec 11, 2013
angel why do you hate Christians? You insist on bringing us up in every post even when I never even mentioned it. Educate yourself Angel. Homo lifestyle is very risky and it has nothing to do with Christianity, God, or the bible.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3888 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel why do you hate Christians? You insist on bringing us up in every post even when I never even mentioned it. Educate yourself Angel. Homo lifestyle is very risky and it has nothing to do with Christianity, God, or the bible.
I have no hate in life at all. I don't preach hate or intolerance at all. We had a Christian at our last meeting and everyone had a great time. I wish you could know that kind of fellowship. Maybe you could get out of the house today and meet some people?

If preaching against homosexuality has nothing to do with your religion then why bring it up?
Because its risky? I call bullshit.

Driving a car is risky.

Eating at McDonalds is risky.

It is either because of your religion or because you have some deep seeded desires that you may not be ready to come to terms with yet, so you are lashing out at others.

...and we have gone over this before, this is an ATHEIST forum.
if you are looking to talk to other people that share the same desires as you my fabuolous friend there are plenty of websites for that sort of thing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3889 Dec 11, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
I do charity work all the time and discussing it with others is a great way to encourage other people to get involved. This is the first time i have ever heard anyone talk [email protected] about feeding the homeless.REALLY? Thats just about a low as one can get.
I don't say this to very many people at all but Anti, you should realy read your Bible.
Had you ever read it before you would see that one of Jesus's main message was help the poor!
You claim to be a follower yet you know nothing of his work.
I dont even believe in him yet I follow his message more than you.
Actually religitards talking [email protected] about atheist helping to feed the needy, is the norm here on topix.
Dix

United States

#3890 Dec 11, 2013
Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen Janbaz what are you doing on the atheist board you know full well you're a Satanist. Don't you realize that atheist DO NOT BELIEVE in the spirit world? LOL
What were you thinking?
She's into voodoo/hoodoo black magic. I'm waiting to hear she conjured up something and poisoned herself. LMAO

Frog tongues and eye of newt bullshat!
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3891 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
no actually gays have a higher rate of VD. They also have a higher rate of suicide, drug use, domestic violence, and the list goes on and on. I guess you guys must not like gays very much since you promote this lifestyle.
No, really? Religious people like yourself persecute them, discriminate against them in employment, housing, etc., work yourselves up into a frenzy preaching about how horrible they are in every forum available, deny them the dignity of stable relationships like marriage, and then you complain that they have higher rates of suicide and drug use. And you think that is somehow surprising? And that your own behavior towards them has no relationship to those problems?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3892 Dec 11, 2013
homosexuality is an extremely risky lifestyle choice. Promoting it isn't doing homosexuals any favors. Its actually hurting them.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3893 Dec 11, 2013
Lesbians get less STDs than heterosexuals.
Lesbians must be your god's chosen people.
antiatheist wrote:
homosexuality is an extremely risky lifestyle choice. Promoting it isn't doing homosexuals any favors. Its actually hurting them.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3894 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
And persecuting them isn't hurting them? Your logic makes pretzels look straight.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3895 Dec 11, 2013
persecution? Are you serious? They are one of the most protected groups in society now. You can't say anything remotely negative about gays without practically being throw in jail. Persecution? Hardly.
Magical Thinking

Oklahoma City, OK

#3896 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
persecution? Are you serious? They are one of the most protected groups in society now. You can't say anything remotely negative about gays without practically being throw in jail. Persecution? Hardly.
So white Christians had since this countries founding and gays 1 year and more states don't even give them full rights like Oklahoma.

That's why Religion are losing adherents more and more every year.

You don't follow Christ's teaching, why should we?

Magical Thinking

Oklahoma City, OK

#3897 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh bye the way, why don't you go get us the exact wording and the verse of what Jesus said about gays.

And if you can't find it, well, we never have to read what you write on this subject again.
Jim

UK

#3898 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The riskiest lifestyle choice is choosing to ignore and shun lifestyles that don't involve choice.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3899 Dec 11, 2013
You guys apparently can't handle the reality of the homosexual lifestyle choice. Its very risky and not something that should be encouraged.

Jesus never spoke about a lot of things. You expect him to address every sin in the book? The bible does, however, clearly speak out against it.
It doesn't matter that Jesus himself never said anything. His purpose on earth wasn't to talk about gays.

Lets just forget that bible for a minute. Homosexuality is still against the moral laws of mankind. The anatomy of the human body makes it painfully obvious that man wasn't meant to have sex with another man. Thats why our bodies are made the way they are.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3900 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh, right, how could I have forgotten. Only poor butthurt christians, who form the vast majority of the US population, are persecuted here in America.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3901 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You guys apparently can't handle the reality of the homosexual lifestyle choice...
OK, if sexual preference is a choice, and not something hardwired into the individual, please do regale us with the story of when you decided that you chose to be heterosexual, and what led to your making that choice. Before you decided, were you not aroused by either males or females, or equally aroused by both?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3902 Dec 11, 2013
oh I see you read the ole homosexual talking points playbook. Do every single one of you say the exact same lame things? Its completely predictable.

Heterosexuality is a natural thing. Its why our anatomy is the way it is. When you choose something different like homosexuality, it is a choice. Men's bodies make it impossible to have sex with another male. Is this hard for you to grasp?
Leo

United States

#3903 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
oh I see you read the ole homosexual talking points playbook. Do every single one of you say the exact same lame things? Its completely predictable.
Heterosexuality is a natural thing. Its why our anatomy is the way it is. When you choose something different like homosexuality, it is a choice. Men's bodies make it impossible to have sex with another male. Is this hard for you to grasp?
No. Men can have sex with a inanimate object or the livestock so male on male or otherwise is not only possible but clearly practiced by some in society.

You are a traditionalist and see sex as a activity designed between a male and a female only since you believe GOD designed you for procreation not for recreational uses. More today are interested in recreational purposes.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3904 Dec 11, 2013
Hard grasping or not, you're clearly doing it wrong.
antiatheist wrote:
Men's bodies make it impossible to have sex with another male. Is this hard for you to grasp?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3905 Dec 11, 2013
a traditionalist? ha give me a break. Anyone that is being honest knows men aren't supposed to have sex with men. Its unsanitary and causes diseases.
Leo

United States

#3906 Dec 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
a traditionalist? ha give me a break. Anyone that is being honest knows men aren't supposed to have sex with men. Its unsanitary and causes diseases.
Oh come on you probably have a vibrator in your nightstand at home where you 'stick or rubbed' it is only limited by your imagination.
Some people have more of a imagination than you obviously have, lol.

Sex isn't sanitary period including male/female sex which also causes disease. Did you think heterosexual relationships were immune?

ROFLMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min 15th Dalai Lama 77,139
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr The FACTory 941
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aerobatty 258,484
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 3 hr The FACTory 4,334
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr The FACTory 32,301
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web