'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3807 Dec 9, 2013
The 10 Commandments of Logic

1. Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument.(Ad hominem)

2. Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack.(Straw man fallacy)

3. Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole.(Hasty generalization)

4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true.(Begging the question)

5. Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause.(Post Hoc/False cause)

6. Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities.(False dichotomy)

7. Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false.(Ad ignorantum)

8. Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim.(Burden of proof reversal)

9. Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection.(Non sequitur)

10. Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true.(Bandwagon fallacy)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3808 Dec 9, 2013
angel I love how you completely dodged the question and started on your usual attack of God. Christians believe God created everything. Atheists say they don't believe things popped into existence yet its obvious things don't just create themselves. You have no answer for this huge problem with your belief system. Again, where did all this hydrogen and helium come from? Good question huh?
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3809 Dec 9, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
The 10 Commandments of Logic
1. Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument.(Ad hominem)
2. Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack.(Straw man fallacy)
3. Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole.(Hasty generalization)
4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true.(Begging the question)
5. Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause.(Post Hoc/False cause)
6. Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities.(False dichotomy)
7. Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false.(Ad ignorantum)
8. Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim.(Burden of proof reversal)
9. Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection.(Non sequitur)
10. Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true.(Bandwagon fallacy)
As far as I can tell Rule #1 is broken by 98% of the poster 100% of the time.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3810 Dec 9, 2013
You know in the Bible it stated that in the beginning there was nothing. Then it say 'let there be light.'

I wonder what God was looking at.

And all those references in the Bible that talks about 'the four corners of the earth.'

Guess men wrote the Bible the earth was still flat.

I always thought that they were really dumb since you only have to look up at the moon and see that it was round. It seems like that would make someone stop and think.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3811 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel I love how you completely dodged the question and started on your usual attack of God. Christians believe God created everything. Atheists say they don't believe things popped into existence yet its obvious things don't just create themselves. You have no answer for this huge problem with your belief system. Again, where did all this hydrogen and helium come from? Good question huh?
I have explained the formation of the universe to you. I have explained how molecules form,how planets form and how stars form and are destroyed.I have explained the conservation of mass to you.

For you to say that I am dodging any questions is ludicrous.

Why dont you answer some questions for me? I have many.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3812 Dec 9, 2013
ha you have far from answered my questions and you know it. First off, you honestly think that you know how the universe was formed????? Thats hilarious because there is no way you could possibly know that. You might have faith in what others are telling you but they can't know that either. That are making guesses because they weren't there. Second, you have yet to answer my question about how hydrogen, helium, and whatever else was formed. You said they didn't pop out of thin air so how are they formed? You think these things didn't ultimately have a creator? You have no answer.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3813 Dec 9, 2013
renea try doing a little research before you post. "Four corners" did not necessarily mean that they were referring to actual corners. In Hebrew it means "extrimities" and in Greek it is translated as "divisions". Atheists love to take certain scriptures and turn them into something they are not. Just shows how really lazy most of them are. They are more concerned with misrepresenting the bible than they are the truth.
nogod

UK

#3814 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha you have far from answered my questions and you know it. First off, you honestly think that you know how the universe was formed????? Thats hilarious because there is no way you could possibly know that. You might have faith in what others are telling you but they can't know that either. That are making guesses because they weren't there. Second, you have yet to answer my question about how hydrogen, helium, and whatever else was formed. You said they didn't pop out of thin air so how are they formed? You think these things didn't ultimately have a creator? You have no answer.
where is evidence of a creator?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3815 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you honestly think that you know how the universe was formed????? Thats hilarious because there is no way you could possibly know that. You might have faith in what others are telling you but they can't know that either. That are making guesses because they weren't there.
An excellent argument against religion.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3816 Dec 9, 2013
nogod yet another deflection. You guys are so sure about how the earth formed so show me the evidence of how hydrogen, for example, is formed. How can any element just pop up. How can ANYTHING just pop up? Your theory is so absurd even a 3rd grader knows you are full of bs. You aren't able to defend this position so you start attacking Christians. So predictable
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3817 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea try doing a little research before you post. "Four corners" did not necessarily mean that they were referring to actual corners. In Hebrew it means "extrimities" and in Greek it is translated as "divisions". Atheists love to take certain scriptures and turn them into something they are not. Just shows how really lazy most of them are. They are more concerned with misrepresenting the bible than they are the truth.
Most Jews think the books of the Bible are not literal. They think they are allegorical.

Take Ancient Egypt for example:

They loved hieroglyphics and loved to keep records. All the way back to what is supposed Moses time.

Yet in their records, not one mention of their slaves all 3 million of them leaving. Nor of the plagues. Yet they loved to tell of really mundane things. You would at least expect that parting of the Sea thing too at least get an honorable mention. Or the water runs like blood. Talk about our mainstream media.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3818 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
nogod yet another deflection. You guys are so sure about how the earth formed so show me the evidence of how hydrogen, for example, is formed. How can any element just pop up. How can ANYTHING just pop up? Your theory is so absurd even a 3rd grader knows you are full of bs. You aren't able to defend this position so you start attacking Christians. So predictable
now Anti,you know how I like claims to be backed up. Please look at my posts and show me how I have attacked anyone,even you and you can be downright spiteful sometimes. As often as you insult and resort to name calling I always "turn the other cheek" thats pretty good advice from the Bible it didn't get everything wrong.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3819 Dec 9, 2013
renea, once again, please do some research before just blindly believing what you read on atheist websites. Everyone knows, well apparently not everyone, that the Egyptians did not record things that obviously showed them in a bad light. They aren't going to advertise the fact that Pharaoh was humbled or that Egypt suffered as a result of God. The Pharaoh undoubtedly would not allow such history to be recorded.

Not I'm going to tell you what I told Angel and others. Instead of trying to debunk God, you should concentrate on YOUR belief system. If you do this honestly you will realize how wrong and dumb atheism really is.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3820 Dec 9, 2013
Your bible says your god can't even defeat mere iron chariots.
antiatheist wrote:
renea, once again, please do some research before just blindly believing what you read on atheist websites. Everyone knows, well apparently not everyone, that the Egyptians did not record things that obviously showed them in a bad light. They aren't going to advertise the fact that Pharaoh was humbled or that Egypt suffered as a result of God. The Pharaoh undoubtedly would not allow such history to be recorded.
Not I'm going to tell you what I told Angel and others. Instead of trying to debunk God, you should concentrate on YOUR belief system. If you do this honestly you will realize how wrong and dumb atheism really is.
Voice of reason

Oklahoma City, OK

#3821 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea, once again, please do some research before just blindly believing what you read on atheist websites. Everyone knows, well apparently not everyone, that the Egyptians did not record things that obviously showed them in a bad light. They aren't going to advertise the fact that Pharaoh was humbled or that Egypt suffered as a result of God. The Pharaoh undoubtedly would not allow such history to be recorded.
Not I'm going to tell you what I told Angel and others. Instead of trying to debunk God, you should concentrate on YOUR belief system. If you do this honestly you will realize how wrong and dumb atheism really is.
Oh everyone knows?

Egyptology is a subject everyone knows! And those deaths of the first born son...it was all on the Q.T.

Right...

You know, when you have tribes traveling together. Wandering the desert for 30 years. Yet not one archaeologist has uncovered any of the artifacts to prove it. But they keep finding those dinosaur bones....
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3822 Dec 9, 2013
I love this one in Genesis 6

“…the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.”

And that's were we got the Goliaths giants from and that was the reason God had to flood the earth...

We human girls are so hawt that even Angles love us..
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3823 Dec 9, 2013
I flubbed that Angels love us. Not Angels.

The Angels love our angels. Okay, that's better.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3824 Dec 9, 2013
Renea wrote:
I flubbed that Angels love us. Not Angels.
The Angels love our angels. Okay, that's better.
Angel and Angle are easy to mix up.i thought it was interesting how easily people mix them up, thats how I picked my name.
Voice of reason

Oklahoma City, OK

#3825 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea, once again, please do some research before just blindly believing what you read on atheist websites. Everyone knows, well apparently not everyone, that the Egyptians did not record things that obviously showed them in a bad light. They aren't going to advertise the fact that Pharaoh was humbled or that Egypt suffered as a result of God. The Pharaoh undoubtedly would not allow such history to be recorded.
Not I'm going to tell you what I told Angel and others. Instead of trying to debunk God, you should concentrate on YOUR belief system. If you do this honestly you will realize how wrong and dumb atheism really is.
I think I will have to ask you some questions. Ancient history textbooks are were you get you Egyptology information from. You do know that they were around longer than the internet.

Yet you do not provide any proof for your:

Everyone knows, well apparently not everyone, that the Egyptians did not record things that obviously showed them in a bad light. They aren't going to advertise the fact that Pharaoh was humbled or that Egypt suffered as a result of God. The Pharaoh undoubtedly would not allow such history to be recorded.

Everyone knows that the Pharaoh would not allow such history to be recorded.

Here I always thought that was the job of the Texas Board of Education. I kid, I kid.

You ask for proof yet you do not provide any.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3826 Dec 9, 2013
I believe I just refuted two lies that atheists love to tell. Now its your turn.........show some proof for your belief system and how hydrogen was created, how helium was created, atoms, etc. You think these things just didn't appear so I assume you have some reason for believing this. I'm waiting to hear how these things appeared without creation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 53 min Into The Night 87,212
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Sat superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web