'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

luvandhate

Gainesville, FL

#3787 Dec 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said-- you are unacquainted with the truth.
LMAO!
Proving someone is intelligent to you?
Would be **exactly** like trying to prove colors to a blind person.
Exactly the same-- for you reject **all** things science.
LMAO!
Still trying to get over your insecurity, I see.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3788 Dec 8, 2013
God sent his Son.........not a prophet. There were many prophets in the bible yet none of them were the Savior. Ed simply doesn't know what he is talking about. Besides, biblical knowledge doesn't mean all that much. The most evil person in the world can memorize.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3789 Dec 8, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
translation = bob is an idiot and can't prove otherwise
LMAO!

See?

You are less intelligent than your average rock.

LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3790 Dec 8, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
God sent his Son.........not a prophet. There were many prophets in the bible yet none of them were the Savior. Ed simply doesn't know what he is talking about. Besides, biblical knowledge doesn't mean all that much. The most evil person in the world can memorize.
Prove it.

Prove your god is real-- then?

And ONLY then?

Can you make claims like you did above.

Until you do? You are just lying.

It's what you do.

Likely stemming from your ...

... idiocy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Zoe

United States

#3791 Dec 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
See?
You are less intelligent than your average rock.
LOL!
So you're a rock expert? I guess may be right considering how hard headed you are. Mind like a steel trap...nothing gets in or out!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3792 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Lol...ok...so you're saying that the biblical Jesus wasn't a prophet?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3793 Dec 9, 2013
You lot don't get to burn witches so much these days because of reformers like me.
antiatheist wrote:
Again, you are in the vast minority. You are part of a fringe group that most people look at as being strange. Funny thing is, most Christians don't really spend much time thinking about you. On the other hand, atheists are obsessed with Christians. They can't stand it that most people believe in God. Why is this? Go about your merry little way and stop wasting so much energy worrying about people who believe in God.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3794 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
How did these atoms and molecules pop into existence without God? I'm very serious. I want to know how that can possibly happen. Still waiting...
Ooooops, Didn't mean for you to wait around all weekend for me to respond. Hope that didn't cut into your social life very much.
The entire universe shares a common set of elements. In the very early universe, the only elements were hydrogen and helium. But since the formation of stars, lighter elements within the stars began fusing to create heavier elements, producing all the other naturally occurring elements. Under the extremely high temperatures and pressures within the core of stars, atoms collide at high enough speeds to overcome the usual electromagnetic repulsion of nuclei, allowing nuclear fusion to occur.”“All stars live by fusing hydrogen into helium. To me this is far more beautiful and facinating than any religion.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#3795 Dec 9, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>

The entire universe shares a common set of elements. In the very early universe, the only elements were hydrogen and helium.
“All stars live by fusing hydrogen into helium.

To me this is far more beautiful and facinating than any religion.
What we have here is failure to communicate.
We've failed to notice so far that you're
an astrological physics expert. Perhaps
if you'd referenced your numerous graduate
degrees and published works, we would have
noticed.

Tell us more about the ether.

Dallas, TX

#3796 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
there is one things all you atheists have in common which is hate. You always fall back on name calling and cursing. You can count on it like clock work. Reminds me how right I am.
So, for one side to resort to name calling implies that that they are filled with hate and are in a state of desperation. They cannot come up with a valad argument and therefore regress into a childlike fit of rage.Yet this was your prevoius post.
antiatheist wrote:
lord coming from someone like you I consider that a real compliment. You and bob are two of a kind...crazy morons

Dallas, TX

#3797 Dec 9, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
What we have here is failure to communicate.
We've failed to notice so far that you're
an astrological physics expert. Perhaps
if you'd referenced your numerous graduate
degrees and published works, we would have
noticed.
Tell us more about the ether.
My degree is in Geology, I have never claimed to be an expert astrophysics, however the formation of planets minerals and rocks are pretty much universial, because the universe is composed from the same kinds of elements, and can be studied with great accuracy.To state that the Earth is 6,000 years old is laughable,there are trees older than that, as is to state that all of existance was created in 6 days.
luvandhate

Oxford, FL

#3798 Dec 9, 2013
Yep.Bob is very insecure.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3799 Dec 9, 2013
If citizens of the US actually read the writings of their founding fathers:

In a letter from Thomas Jefferson to John Adams:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#3800 Dec 9, 2013
Renea wrote:
If citizens of the US actually read the writings of their founding fathers:
In a letter from Thomas Jefferson to John Adams:
"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."
Thomas Jefferson also believed chicken skin
could cure cancer. Thankfully few quote him.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#3801 Dec 9, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
My degree is in Geology, I have never claimed to be an expert astrophysics, however the formation of planets minerals and rocks are pretty much universial, because the universe is composed from the same kinds of elements, and can be studied with great accuracy.
True enough. You're a great source.
There must be a line of people outside
your door wanting your insights.
Who would have thought that the universe
is pretty much universal.

Publish something.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3802 Dec 9, 2013
And to finish out the rest of Jefferson's argument:

...But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding ...

http://mindingthetruth.com/2013/11/15/letter-...

Dallas, TX

#3803 Dec 9, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
True enough. You're a great source.
There must be a line of people outside
your door wanting your insights.
Who would have thought that the universe
is pretty much universal.
Publish something.
Ha. it does sound pretty damn ridiculous when stated that way. Thats why I didn't state it that way at all. The LAWS of the universe are the same.Elements react the same way,planets formed and are destroyed the same way as do stars.The Earth WAS NOT formed first as the Bible states.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3804 Dec 9, 2013
lol Angel I love how you talk about the origins of the universe as though you are anyone else was actually there. These are simply guesses. Can you explain where they hydrogen and helium came from? They also just popped into existence?
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3805 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol Angel I love how you talk about the origins of the universe as though you are anyone else was actually there. These are simply guesses. Can you explain where they hydrogen and helium came from? They also just popped into existence?
I know...I know..I love quizzes!

Hydrogen and helium account for nearly all the nuclear matter in today's universe. It formed during The Big Bang.

Dallas, TX

#3806 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Again, no one has said nor is saying that anything "popped into existance."

This is a religious claim not an atheist claim.

If you have a problem with the claim that "everything came from nothing and popped into existance" take it up with the church. They are the only ones making that claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min Eagle 12 - 32,944
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 27 min u196533dm 81,542
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 29 min Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web