'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3722 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Okay I'll go real slow for you Bob since I know you are impaired. Please take your time, research, talk to other atheists, whatever you gotta do, and show me how it is possible for the universe to appear without something being created at some point. If you don't think something was created then you must believe that matter just appeared.
Let me as **you** a question:

Since you are obviously a Bible Worshiper, do you agree with your bible, that women are just property?

Your bible states this in no uncertain terms; even your religious marriage traditions have the father (the original owner) giving away the bride to husband (her new owner).

Since you *must* believe your bible was controlled by your god?

You must **also** believe that your god was just *fine* with women-as-property.

So, how do you justify *not* owning women, then?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3723 Dec 6, 2013
Oh contare my friend bob. I know you aren't claiming it came from nothing, but yet you have no other reasonable explanation. Lets just say for the sake of arguing that there were these random particles that miraculously just popped into existence. Are you seriously telling me these particles somehow joined together, made an explosion, and that it all ended up in perfection. That all we have today evolved from these fabricated dust particles? Ha......do you know that odds of something like that actually happening? In other words, it didn't happen. The odds against that are more vast than the universe itself. Yet you actually believe it....amazing

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3725 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Okay I'll go real slow for you Bob since I know you are impaired. Please take your time, research, talk to other atheists, whatever you gotta do, and show me how it is possible for the universe to appear without something being created at some point. If you don't think something was created then you must believe that matter just appeared.
Astrophysist Lawrence M Krauss, who is world famous in the field of astrophysics, explains it.

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/news/radcli...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3728 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Are you seriously telling me these particles somehow joined together, made an explosion, and that it all ended up in perfection.
1) the big bang does not start with one particle or even just two

2) the big bang is not an explosion-- not even close

3) the universe is not even close to "perfection".

In fact?

99.999999999999999999% of the universe is **extremely****hostile** to life as we know it on Earth.

That's not perfection... that's ... rather the opposite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3729 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
That all we have today evolved from these fabricated dust particles?
Sentence 4 by you? Another straw-man lie.

Wow.

You haven't said ONE THING TRUTHFUL in your post!

Not.

One.

Line.

...that is true...

... wow.

Just... wow.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3730 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh contare my friend bob. I know you aren't claiming it came from nothing, but yet you have no other reasonable explanation. Lets just say for the sake of arguing that there were these random particles that miraculously just popped into existence. Are you seriously telling me these particles somehow joined together, made an explosion, and that it all ended up in perfection. That all we have today evolved from these fabricated dust particles? Ha......do you know that odds of something like that actually happening? In other words, it didn't happen. The odds against that are more vast than the universe itself. Yet you actually believe it....amazing
Yes, we popped from nothing. No magician named God or Jesus needed or magic called miracles.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3731 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
That all we have today evolved from these fabricated dust particles? Ha......do you know that odds of something like that actually happening? In other words, it didn't happen. The odds against that are more vast than the universe itself. Yet you actually believe it....amazing
As long as the odds are greater than zero?

Then, if given sufficient time?

They **will** happen.

That is how it works, you unmitigated buffoon.

You amaze me how incredibly stupid you are, here.

Seriously.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3732 Dec 6, 2013
I touched a chord with Bob and its great seeing him squirm and trying to come up with nonsense. Could have always been??? Ha....so it never had to have been created?? You are talking foolishness again. The odds against any of your lame scenarios happening have to be in the trillions to one. Probably even worse than that. I won't even play the lottery cause the odds are so bad but they are great compared to that. It just makes no sense that so called intelligent people are more than willing to believe in anything a "scientist" tells them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Valar Morghulis”

Since: Jun 13

All Men Must Die

#3733 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I've seen your type before. You were too lazy to stay awake in algebra, physics, and chemistry classes in high school. You called them "stupid." You never took calculus or astronomy. You enforce your undeserved ego by hanging out with people as science-illiterate as you are, people you find easy to bullshit. You cling to religion because it's easy to become an "expert" in childish fantasy stories. You respond to scientific debate by stating your incredulity as if that justifies your non-acceptance and non-comprehension of established fact. You refuse to acknowledge that universities the world over are full of graduate students who DO get it, who DO understand what you cannot, because acknowledging that is to acknowledge your pitiful inadequacy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3734 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I touched a chord with Bob and its great seeing him squirm and trying to come up with nonsense. Could have always been??? Ha....so it never had to have been created??
Correct.

1) it could have always been, in one shape or another

2) it could have been formed by the intersection of two (or more) other universes, interacting via gravity

3) it could have been formed from the death of a previous universe
That's just *three* off the top of my head.

4) the universe could easily be an uncaused event--in quantum mechanics, we see examples of uncaused events all the time.

In fact? At the quantum level of the universe? Nothing is caused-- it's all just statistical probability.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3736 Dec 6, 2013
lord coming from someone like you I consider that a real compliment. You and bob are two of a kind...crazy morons

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3737 Dec 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't.
It still leaves huge gaps of claims unexplained.
Introducing either "god" or "intelligent design" **adds** more unanswered questions than it purports to answer.
Anyone who is content with either "explanation" simply hasn't looked at it deeply.
For cyin' out loud Bob!?! Stop giving all the answers away!! How are the fundies ever going to start thinking for themselves if you keep giving them the answers to the f*cking quiz!???

Location hidden

#3738 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It doesn't.
It still leaves huge gaps of claims unexplained.
Introducing either "god" or "intelligent design" **adds** more unanswered questions than it purports to answer.
Anyone who is content with either "explanation" simply hasn't looked at it deeply.
BTW... Hey, Bob!

Location hidden

#3739 Dec 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
A) Present your 'god'
or
B) link to a credible scientific article stating the "the universe sprang into existence from nothing"
or
C)Shut the f*ck up already

Your choice
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3740 Dec 7, 2013
When wasn't your god created?
antiatheist wrote:
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3741 Dec 7, 2013
So what? This is only a problem if you need to believe in a designer.

The odds of dealing 52 shuffled cards into any particular order are astronomical. Less than one change in 8 x 10^67.

Therefore no one ever played cards. Forever and ever, amen.
antiatheist wrote:
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#3742 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct.
1) it could have always been, in one shape or another
2) it could have been formed by the intersection of two (or more) other universes, interacting via gravity
3) it could have been formed from the death of a previous universe
That's just *three* off the top of my head.
4) the universe could easily be an uncaused event--in quantum mechanics, we see examples of uncaused events all the time.
In fact? At the quantum level of the universe? Nothing is caused-- it's all just statistical probability.
You're not doing your cause any good.
Cut back on the distillate.
'it could have been' a giant green turtle fart too.

Have you considered a career as a comedy writer ?
But there is a God

Gray, KY

#3743 Dec 7, 2013
I can prove there's a God. When I was a Teenager, sometimes I would kinda blame God when something would go wrong, then I would shout at God to perform oral sex on me. Then I stopped blaming God and stopped this shouting for a long-long time, one rainy May Day, I decided to pray to God for a wife!. Just a simple wife, I did not ask God for riches or fame, just a simple wife, in whom I would be dearly satisfied!!!. We'll about 5 months later, God gave me a rotten wh**e!!!. He gave me a real bad woman!!!. Where I done that shouting at God back, I figured this was why God raped me!!!. God does exist and He is still true to His word!!!. The third commandment says that God will not hold you Guiltless if you take His stupid name in vain. Notice it says "Will not hold Him guiltless" what about Her?. Won't God hold a woman guiltless for taking His name in vain???
But there is a God

Gray, KY

#3744 Dec 7, 2013
After God bestowed this evil upon me, my "shouting" returned with a vengence!!!. I put it to Him now!!!. So let this be a lesson to you God will literally rape you if you take His stupid name in vain!!!, like He did me!!!.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3745 Dec 7, 2013
there is one things all you atheists have in common which is hate. You always fall back on name calling and cursing. You can count on it like clock work. Reminds me how right I am.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 2 hr Guest 149
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Samuel Patre 94,398
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 8 hr Prince of Darkness 6,001
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 9 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... May 24 nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20